3,959 results
All reviews revolving bar sea view animation team superior room pool area bar staff plenty of sunbeds great holiday lovely hotel small beach half board evening entertainment plenty of choice salt water bars and restaurants main bar per day
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Starting with the positive .Public areas were cleaned frequently and were spotless. As well as its position near the sea the hotel's major asset is the staff. All departments were very friendly and helpful, particularly the restaurant staff.
The food and drink were good with there always being something for everyone. The show cooking was generally the best option.
We last visited this hotel when some of the rooms were being refurbished. This time we stayed in the result of this, a 'superior' room.. We were disappointed ! The décor and lighting had been improved and a good flat screen TV installed. However, for a 'superior' room I would have expected TWO chairs - there was only one and a very heavy 'stool'. The bathroom was basic with a limited shower and no hooks to hang clothes on.. Despite being reported twice, the wash basin would only give hot water at a trickle - it took about 5 minutes to fill with sufficient hot water.
The bar and entertainment were usually good. What has happened to the revolving seating? It was not working this time. With some acts there were problems with the audibility and visibility - the 'stage' could do with being moved forward a little over the water to make it visible from more seats. Much of the time the remotely changing lighting did nothing to enhance the performers - it could do with being controlled to suit the act.
A problem we reported last time , which has not improved, is the lack of respect for the
outdoor no smoking area in the shade near to the restaurant . Despite no smoking signs on the pillars people still sit at the tables and smoke causing problems for non-smokers . It may help if no smoking signs were also attached to the table tops under the glass covers and a proper no-smoking area provided for pool users.

6  Thank 321coling
GMTeguise, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Grand Teguise Playa for your recent stay in Costa Teguise and for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community; we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.
I have shared your comments with my management team for its review in order to take the necessary corrective measures.
We are very satisfied to read that you found positive aspects that made of your holiday a general positive. Nevertheless, we didn’t meet with all your expectations and we are sorry for that.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2017

We stayed w/c 9th October, and took the advice of previous reviewers to pay extra for a superior room.
The positives....
- The hotel is in a fantastic location, opposite a sandy beach, surrounded by a nice mix of local bars, cafes and shops.
- The architecture of the hotel is brilliant, virtually everyone has a sea view. The front of the hotel is a huge open atrium.
- Our room on the 4th floor gave a great view of the pool area and the beach beyond. We had no noise at all from the local bars or the Hotel's own entertainment. That huge atrium must act as a sound baffle for the rooms.
- Excellent restaurant. Good quality food, very well presented, and a good range of choices for lunch and dinner. Even breakfast had some variations each day. The restaurant staff were brilliant,

Our only negative comments concern the two bars......
- The all inclusive drinks were hit and miss. No problems with the local beer or the white whine, but the red wine was undrinkable. The spirits also seemed very poor at first, even by All Inclusive standards, but trial and error soon showed that the problem was the mixers, not the spirits themselves. All mixers seemed very very sweet, even the tonic water.
- The service from the staff at both bars was, like the drinks, very hit and miss. When the service was good, it was really good. The staff know how to work a queue, serving one customer, taking the order from the next, and entertaining everyone else in the queue with a few funny comments or a bit of ice-cube juggling, all at the same time. Very professional. At other times the bar staff were unbelievably slow and grumpy. At first we thought we had offended someone, but as the week went on, we saw many other customers getting the "grumpy" treatment. We couldn't pin this down to any reason. It wasn't a specific member of staff, it wasn't the nationality, gender, or dress of the customers, or the type of drinks being ordered. It was as if the bar staff flipped a coin, and if it came down "heads", they would be grumpy for the next half hour or so. Strange, very strange.
- If you are one of the first customers to use the self service taps at the pool bar in the morning, watch out for little black fruit flies in your drink. These congregate in the taps overnight. Due to poor hygiene, the pool bar staff do not flush the first cup of drinks through the taps before they open in the morning, Very poor practice.

So overall, a great hotel, but the bars need some serious Management attention.

2  Thank BobandChrissy

Dear BobandChrissy,
It hurts me not having met you and hear about your comment personally, believe me we do a great human effort to listen to our customers. I surely would have found a solution and got you to enjoy your holidays.
On behalf of Hotel Grand Teguise Playa we want to reiterate that Customer Service is one of our top priorities. We are sorry if your stay at our establishment was not as expected, but we want to reiterate that we regret that your impression was not good because the Bar staff did not act correctly in this case. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant incident. After reading your e-mail we have focused on the Bar service in order to improve this situation and personally I have come in contact with the person in charge of the involved department to avoid that our guests feel uncomfortable in our hotel.
We especially appreciate your mention that our food, entertainment, staff in the restaurant and cleaners were has made you feel good and that you enjoyed the hotel.
I take the opportunity to let you know that it would be an honor to continue offering our services and once again to know your personal opinion.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

This was our ninth visit to Lanzarote and we stayed here for 7 nights from 13th October. A good hotel in a prime location right by the sea and close to the shops, bars and restaurants and only about 30 minutes from the airport. It certainly has the WOW factor when you walk through the door. We were the only couple dropped off here and we were dealt with very quickly and professionally by the reception staff. We were given a room on the 1st floor so we did not benefit very much from the sea view we were promised.

The hotel is large and has all the facilities you could want except for one – no courtesy rooms if you are leaving the hotel late. All you are offered is the use of the shower in the gym which has no privacy.

The foyer/atrium is especially grand with plants and water ponds, containing fish and terrapins, and there is plenty of seating. It is here that most of the evening activity takes place.

Everywhere is kept spotlessly clean, the staff are very friendly and efficient, especially the ones in the dining room (they work hard and always with a smile); we never had to wait to get a table. Bar service was good and waiter service was an added benefit (we once stayed in a 5 star hotel in Playa Blanca and we regularly had to queue for over 30 minutes to be served – well done to the Grand Teguise Playa). If, however, you want to take a bottle of water to your room you have to pay for it. As much alcohol as you want included in AI but you have to pay for water?? If you want a drink in the day there is only one bar available –the pool bar.

The food was very good, nice and hot and always being replenished. There was a good variety and the barbequed food from the external grill at lunchtime was a welcome addition. There were 4 themed nights while we were there.

At our age, we didn’t make much use of the animation team but all three of them worked hard and always with a smile. Marta, in particular, deserves a mention for all the energy she used looking after the few kids that were there during the day and again during the evening entertainment. The evening entertainment was good but limited due to the size of the stage but we enjoyed everything we saw. We particularly enjoyed the “Starman”, who had a lovely tenor voice when he started off as Pavarotti, then gave equally impressive performances as, Robbie Williams, George Michael and Freddie Mercury.

Like other visitors I have to say our room was somewhat dated, although spotlessly clean. The TV was very old (not flat screen) and we could only get one channel in English (Sky news). The door frames were rotting at the base, presumably due to the constant mopping over time. Again, as others have said, the condition of the carpet in the corridors was not good and did not leave a good impression. Huge stains and upstanding edges, where the carpet was seamed, which could lead to tripping. I am surprised that with all the comments made, nothing has been done about this as it would improve peoples’ view of the hotel.

The three pools, are kept immaculately clean and it was the first time I have ever seen someone actually get into the pool to clean around the inside with a scrubbing brush. One for the kiddies, one that is heated to 25 degrees and the deepest pool is unheated. There was no problem with sunbeds whatever time you went out.

A small sandy beach (with toilets) at the back of the hotel is just across the paved walkway that extends all around the sea front.

Only a few negatives but these did not spoil our holiday. We had a restful enjoyable stay.

Room tip: Certainly need a room on a higher floor. The superior rooms are on the top two floors at an extra.
1  Thank Michael B

Dear guest,
Thanks for expressing your opinion to other travelers.
Thanks for saying that the food is lovely and the staff are very friendly.
If hopefully you back here, we will be pleased to greet you again..

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Went here for a week with the wife for our Anniversary, we had a room on the 6th floor, think it was room 621 a corner room anyway.
I say room it was actually a suite
Good points, it was very large had a lounge, a table t.v. and balcony,
then the other side was a large bathroom with Jacuzzi and a big stand alone shower,
the bedroom was quite large which also had a t.v. and a balcony
The view from both Balcony's was exceptional we over looked the sea/beach and pool.
Staff were very helpful especially the reception, Cleaners were very pleasant also.
Bar staff worked hard but did like a conversation
Mtce staff were very quick to sort out problems/issues (nothing major) but by the time I had reported it to reception and gone back to the room the issue had been solved so well done to them for that.
Bad Points.
The room we were in could probably do with a refurb it looked like all the rooms on the top floor had been done apart from ours which was a shame as it would have been something else had it been done.
Food it was a bit hit and miss, there was some nights when nothing really appealed to me, but maybe that was just me however if you wanted there was always going out for a meal which we did a few times.
Air Con was a bit hit and miss we ended up sleeping with the patio door open which did the trick.
The big question is would I stay there again and the answer is most definitely great hotel, great staff, great area, right on the beach as well.

Room tip: The higher up you are the better the view, Corner suites are massive but need refurbing
Thank kenako1 .

Dear Sir
My team and I are very thankful that you try to help us to improve. Thank you for share your comments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your holidays regardless of the things you have mentioned.
Please accept my apologizes. We are sorry that we has not met your expectations, although we try every day to do everything in order not to let this occur. I am sorry that we didn’t have the chance to meet and me to be able to hear your comments from you personally. This would have been magnificent for both of us. Be assured that I would have done everything possible to solve the problem and make you feel good between us. You are the most important to us.
Next time you visit don’t hesitate to contact me for whatever you may need.
Always at your service.
Sicerely,

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been visiting Lanzarote for the last 8 years and have stayed at various hotels in different locations. On arrival at this hotel we had to wait over half an hour to check in there were only 2 people on the desk. We were told our room was on the ground floor take the lift turn right. We did this and ended up at the pool we wandered about for a while with our suitcases looking for signage and eventually found room numbers. Our first impression on the hotel lobby was wow our first impression of going to our room was of total disappointment. The corridor smelled, there were stains over the carpet, the bins were outside the window of the corridor and when we got into our room it also had a horrible damp smell and was very dated. We decided to unpack and go for a drink maybe it would look better in the morning we had been traveling for a while and were maybe being over critical. We headed to the bar where we ordered a vodka and coke and a cava. I have to say the vodka and coke was disgusting mainly because the coke was completely flat hot and tasted of nothing. We left our drinks and went to bed the room was very hot so we put the air con on this barely worked. In the morning we decided to get into the holiday spirit and went exploring. When we came back our room still had a horrible smell and the Aircon was a waste of time. We opened the patio doors to let air in and when used the shower water started to leak out onto the bathroom floor. We went to the bar and ordered one of the cocktails on the menu (we were all inclusive) we both ordered a Pina coloda...I have never ever tasted a Pina coloda like it it looked and tasted like dishwater and sticking a slice of melon on the side does not make it a cocktail!! That was the last straw we went to reception to speak with the manager. We were told they would not be in till morning. We went back to our room but the key card did not work so had to go back to reception.Two security guards then came to our room but we were in the process of getting ready for bed so they said they would be back in 5 minutes but never returned. My husband went to see the manager in the morning and we got to move rooms. By this time I had the cold and I have asthma not sure if it was the Aircon or whatever we were breathing in in the room but 2nights sleeping in that room had made me feel ill. From here things got a lot better, the room we moved to was exactly the same as the previous room very dated but! there was no smell, nothing leaked and we had a great view even though we were only moved to the first floor. I have to say the staff at the hotel are great they are up beat, helpful and even though we complained they really did want us to enjoy our stay and did what they could. I tried a few other cocktails but they are all watered down and pretty tasteless. Except Fiesta night I got a mojito that at least had taste! The food is average and the service is good. The entertainment is what you would except amatuar and just something put on in the background. I have given this hotel 4 because the staff are a complete asset to this hotel, the location is perfect, the lobby and pool areas are lovely and food is ok. We would recommend this hotel and would come back but only bed and breakfast in a premium room. The hotel is advertised as four star so to me all customers should receive a 4 star room, food drinks etc after all we work hard to save for our holidays and look for a little luxury when we go away we should not have to pay even more to go premium to get what your already entitled too. I would think if you go premium then it should be 5 star but really this is not the case. I have attached some pictures including the drinks menu which states water is included in AL but we had to pay for bottled water. All in all we did have a great holiday despite our first impressions and would recommend just make sure you pay the extra go premium or don't go.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank WeeT70
GMTeguise, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologizes and none of those are excuses, just explanations about a situation we strive to solve. We are sorry that your stay with us has not met your expectations, although we try every day to do everything in order not to let this occur.
Thank you for your very nice comment on our staff. They will be pleased to learn that as they are all highly dedicated to their work.
I apologize sincerely for the incidents you mentioned, and will thoroughly investigate them. We would like to explain that, in contrast to the other categories, the double standard rooms and standard rooms with sea view are not newly refurbished and the appearance of use-related signs during the course of time is unavoidable although those should not be equated with lack of maintenance or cleaning. Furthermore we offer a service of 24hours maintenance to solve any problems guest may have.
We sincerely regret that despite the best disposal of our staff, we could not meet their expectations in some aspect.