This hotel currently has a cavalier, problem-group of possibly long-stay serial bullies operating in all seated areas of the hotel, including pool and bar areas.
They have several camps which they jealously guard all day.
This goes way beyond the towel - reserving I have experienced before..
I witnessed first hand, a member of this gang (of at least six larger than life, mature individuals), verbally attack a quiet couple who were sitting in some cushioned chairs behind the pool area, minding their own business. The large, yellow-clad chap came from the restaurant, roaring and waving his arms wildly in the air, insisting at huge volume that the couple, who looked petrified, move from their seats.
It was only 8.30am and my 8 year old daughter witnessed the whole ugly scene, which culminated in the older lady appealing to a passing staff member for help. The girl took one look at the man and rushed off with a terrified look on her face. In the end, the couple retreated, calling the man a pig repeatedly.
There-in followed long and loud proclamations of victory from the triumphant bully to his assembling bully friends.
I couldn't believe it! The experience left me feeling sick and the poor lady and gent, who by now were sitting in some chairs nearby looking shell-shocked, apologised to me for saying 'pig' in front of my daughter. They explained how shaken they were by the experience.
Unfortunately this was not an isolated incident - I spoke with another couple that evening, who had had a situation where one of the 'gang' had physically pulled a chair she was sitting on, away by the arm as she got up, simultaneously throwing his bag in the back of the seat. He claimed the seat was his and she said she had been so incensed that she had embarrassed herself by yelling 'liar' at him in front of everyone.
Come on Be Live! These people are spoiling holidays and getting away with it! Maybe they are long-stay types and you don't want to upset them, but your inadequate policing of this problem will make me think twice before we stay with you again.
Such a shame because the food over the last ten days was fab and over-all, our holiday was a good one (despite the freezing pools - didn't go in once!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise