“Fantastic Location, Brilliant Staff”

Hotel Grand Teguise Playa
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have been to this hotel several times now and while some of the furnishings need updating the location of this hotel is superb - straight out of the pool area is the delightful Jabillo Beach.. Many of the staff are the same as when we first visited and the welcome is always exceptional. Good food with always a great choice. Spacious pool areas and facilities are really good. Bar staff, restaurant staff and the housekeeping team are always so helpful. The 'Animation' team of Yara, David, Betty and Michela who organise the entertainment and fun events and look after the children's activities are delightful, friendly and all speak several languages - they all help to make the holiday so much more enjoyable. If you want a great place to relax then this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GMTeguise, Deputy Manageress at Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

• Renovated rooms on the 4th, 5th and 6th floor.
We will continue working on the improvements of our facilities and guest satisfaction.
I’m taking the opportunity to let you know that it would be an honor to see you soon again in our hotel and to know once more your personal opinion.
Laura Diaz - Deputy Manageress

Write a ReviewReviews (3,367)

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had my first solo holiday at this hotel, I particularly choose it for the location, views and the reviews on here. I choose the hotel wisely for all of the above, but the entertainment was poor and the resort a little too 'quiet' for my liking.
The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout and the housekeeping service is excellent - the cleaners/housekeepers and the rest of the staff work so hard. My room was made-up every day of my stay and fresh towels provided even though my existing ones were not particularly dirty.
The food was mostly great although the meat was a little tough on one or two occasions.
There was however plenty of choice and always sufficient for everyone even though the restaurant was very busy all of the time.
Breakfast consisted of cold meats such as 2/3 different types of ham, salami, cheeses, bacon, sausages, scrambled/friend/poached eggs, tomatoes, beans, different rolls/bread/toast, salads, fruit [some fresh, some tinned] many different types of cereal and tea/coffee and juices.
It always seemed very fresh and was very tasty, although the hot products were often just lukewarm.

Evening meal/dinner there was always lots of choice, one night there was the most delicious huge, jumbo king prawns and a massive tray of fresh smoked salmon - yummy. One night there was also some freshly cooked salmon but I didn't have any because I didn't see it until it was time for desert!!!
There was always a good selection of fresh salads/pasta salads or rice. The tuna pasta was particularly yummy. In addition there was often a paella, and different meat dishes such as satay pork, veal in a sauce or chicken and well as a hot pasta dish such as lasagne or pasta carbonara etc. The veal and the lamb one night was very tough and the lamb was very bland - but I am used to Welsh lamb which you can't beat and that is not the chef's fault lol!!!

The deserts were simply DIVINE - there were profiteroles one evening - they were delicious, although I had to ask for some cream to go with them [the waiteress did not appear to know what cream was until I figured out the Spanish word for it!!!!]
There were always some delicious cakes, caramelised banana's, fresh/tinned fruit, moose, trifles and 6 different flavours of ice cream available.

I travelled solo as mentioned above and never felt uncomfortable in the dining area.
As far as the bar/s at the hotel are concerned - I went half board and regretted not upgrading to the all inc option at just 8.50 euro's per night it's excellent value for money.
The prices of drinks at the hotel bar were very expensive so if you are going to be spending a lot of time there it is definately worth the cost of an upgrade.
As far as the exterior of the hotel was concerned - everything appeared to be well maintained and clean.
The pools however, despite one supposedly being heated were VERY cold. As a result, not many people were swimming. Those that were brave enough to venture in, were not in there long!!!
The view from my room were lovely, I would have liked to be on a higher floor and more central so that I had a better sea-view, but the view I did have was lovely. The room had air conditioning, although I did not make use of it. I did not feel the need, in December, it is not warm enough to need to use it. I was comfortable during my stay, never too hot, nor cold whilst in my room.
The only negatives I would state are; the temp of the pools, not enough electrical sockets in the room, the entertainment and the drink prices.
The entertainment at the hotel was not particularly good or to my liking so I spent a lot of time out at other bars at the resort. I have visited both CT and Puerto Del Carmen and I prefer PDC because the resort is better organised/laid-out than CT with everything being close/in the same street and it is busier, more lively than CT. This hotel is excellent for families/couples and there are quite a few older people who stay here and make repeat visits.
I would not therefore go to CT again for these reasons; if however, this hotel was located in PDC, I would most certainly consider it.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a higher room [I was on the first floor] in a centrally located spot as you get a bett...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank flammingstar

Reviewed December 12, 2013

some of these reviews are for the other be live hotel which is away from the bars ,shops.this hotel is in a great position with great walks and shops ,supermarkets and restaurants literally over the road,the hotel food was good and plentiful i wouldn't call it 4* but nevertheless good value for money and spotlessly clean[rooms are a bit shabby but a comfortable bed]the pool is too cold to swim in unless the weather is very hot,a great 10 days half board

Room Tip: all have sea views we had a quiet room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandyruth

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from one week all inclusive at this lovely hotel. Location is superb with every room enjoying a sea view, we were in room 148 which was just above the pool bar. Entertainment on offer was variable, we particularly enjoyed The Drifters tribute night when we joined others on the stage for a boogie including our Dublin friends! Food on offer was plentiful and tasty and always very presentable and hot. Animation team worked very hard and didnt pressurise you into taking part in the acrivities. All in all a great time was had by all! Weather too was also great and was nice to return home with a nice golden winter tan!

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank GlasgowRach

Reviewed December 4, 2013

if it is tough for you to chose a place and hotel then the Be live Grand teguise playa in Lanzarote is where you want to go. The hotel was very clean, the food was excellent but the most important thing is how welcome all the staff make you feel.
Jose Luis and Salvador where excellent when we arrived at the hotel, sorting everything on our arrival.
Sami and Abdul where the kings of the restaurant looking after us at all times.
Fernando, Tomas, Noelia and Andres, well, what can I say, i you find better bar persons than then please let me know. do you want to try the best cocktails? then Andres is your man.

Thank you very much to all of you at the hotel for making our stay an excellent experience

Room Tip: it is worth it to pay the little extra to have a premier room with a good see view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just returned from first trip to this hotel,the hotel is modern,plenty of seating with 2 large swimming pools,most of the rooms are pool or sea facing,ours was spotless and cleaned well each day,service at bars and reception is first class,very good entertainment programme,kids are well looked after,the food choice and quality is poor,no question,but edible all the same,this is the only area where it lets itself down,just across the road however is a lovely restaurant called the Mediterania,there for a set 12 euro you can get a lovely starter,whole sea bass cooked in a salt oven and prepared at your table and a sweet,you also receive a bottle of house wine in a champagne bucket plus coffee afterwards,try this please and send me a thank you message for being so good to you.For trips try Lastminute travel,only 4 euro for Sun market trip and 20 for volcano trip which is a must.

Room Tip: Hotel staff very helpful with any room requests,Nancy in particular extremely helpful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pluto308

Reviewed December 2, 2013

we recently returned from a weeks holiday at the Be Live and are amazed by some of the reviews. This hotel has an absolutely excellent position overlooking a sandy, safe beach and within easy walking distance of all the shops and other beaches. The food was plentiful and it was always easy to find something you liked, it varied day by day and was good quality. The rooms do need updating but as we were never in them it didn't seem to matter and the linen was changed daily.
The animation team worked hard to pull everyone together and it worked as we met up with a friendly crowd from all over the UK who were also keen to enjoy themselves.
In essence excellent staff, good food, excellent location and good value, what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, do not pay extra. Higher floors have the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

#10 of 38 in Costa Teguise
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#29 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Hotel Grand Teguise Playa? Share your experiences!