Let me start by saying this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in quite a good few.First of all we stayed in Costa Teguise in March(different Hotel) and while we were there we saw the Grand Teguise Playa so we had a look around the hotel and liked what we saw so as soon as we got home we booked for Sept 29th - Oct 6th.We have just got back and I really need to tell the truth about this hotel as we found it, as we cannot understand why some people seem to condemn this hotel,maybe these people who do this are very picky or think they should have 5* treatment for a 4* hotel or they walk around with there eyes closed.The hotel is immaculate through out and as someone reported on tripadvisor all the carpets were threadbare,we never saw one piece of this so don`t know where they have been looking.
First of all the staff in all areas of the hotel were all very polite and hard working and nothing was a problem at all.The rooms were very clean and just a nice size for 2 people we were in 412 which had fantastic views.The reception area which is open plan is the best laid out we have ever seen,especially with the indoor lake with all the fish especially the big tiger one .The pool area is quite a big size with 2 pools and a small pool and there was never any problem with getting a sunbed although there is always the spoilers who towel beds at stupid o`clock but as I said that was not a problem.Now I come to the best part of the hotel which we found extremely satisfying,THE FOOD.We never had one bad meal in our stay especially the breakfast as the choice was unbelieveable.There were items here which we have never had in other hotels.The food was always hot and in no way was it bland as many people say it isThere were things such as ham omelettes,cheese omelettes,fried onions.pancakes and loads more.
We never heard one complaint from anyone while we were there so all we can say is keep up the good work Grand Teguise Playa and we will certainly be booking for next year.
For anyone wanting an excellent relaxing holiday I would certainly recommend Costa Teguise and stay at Grand Teguise Playa.One thing I would like to mention is go to the beach(righthand side) opposite the hotel and take some bread rolls or bananas and feed the fish.Its unbelieveable,the fish surround you and then come and take the food out of your hand and some of these fish were very big and don`t forget your snorkel,some excellent underwater scenes.
All in all we would give this hotel 10/10 no problem.
David & Sylvia Price,Hetton-le-Hole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise