stayed half board, 15- 22 april, 2013, were given room 329, we had emailed asking for sea view/pool view, and a high floor, and that's what we got, so off to a good start, booking in was fast and easy, in our room in no time.
entering the room we found it spotlessly clean, and more than acceptable,we opened the curtains, and what a view,pool below and sea on our doorstep, you could hear the splash of the waves when sitting on the balcony,ABSOLUTLY FABULOUS, the hotel was worth it for this view alone.
lot's of people harped on about the carpets in the hallways, and yes they have seen better days, but did this effect our stay? NO. i say please keep the carpets, no noisy clonking of high heels,2-3 am in the mornings,just a good night's sleep,and the sound of the sea.
pool area very good, no prob's with sunbeds at any time,but you might need an early start if you want an umbrella, pools were lovely,but HEATED, THEY WERE NOT, but we swam almost evey day.and we are in our 70, so get in and enjoy.
we were half board, so how did the food go, BREAKFAST, no problems all you could ask for, from hot meals,to the usual cerials etc,my wife even found the coffee acceptable, which is rare for hotels.
EVENING MEAL, this was for us the only let down for this hotel,we found the meat selection most nights a hotch potch of bits in stews, meat balls, so called kebab chicken, which bore no resemblance to chicken in tast or looks, the one saving grace was the CANARION NIGHT when they put on a roast pork carvery, this was excellent, and Mr MANAGER,is the standard you should put on every night, if you strive to make this hotel the perfect place to stay.
as stated earlier, hotel location is PERFECT, for walks, shops, bars etc, all on your doorstep, and nice and flat,ideal for any infirm.
so to sum up, brill hotel in all aspect's, but needs to improve on quality of evening meal,
WOULD WE GO BACK--- YES----- but B&B only, unless the evening meals improve.
dave&joan LLANELLI, SOUTH WALES
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Teguise Playa Hotel is a hotel resort in Costa Teguise. Located in El Jablillo's coastline, this beach hotel is specially designed for couples and families with children who want to spend magical under excellent weather conditions at the Canary Islands. Common areas and Superior rooms have been recently renovated in order to offer to its guests more confort and quality during their stay. Rooms with balcony or terrace and spectacular sea views. For those who loves to play golf, The Be Live Experience Grand Teguise Playa Hotel holds agreements with the two existing golf courts in Lanzarote: the Lanzarote Golf and the Costa Teguise Golf. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Grand Teguise Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Costa
- Occidental Teguise Playa
- Occidental Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- Occidental Hotel Lanzarote
- Hotel Grand Teguise Playa Lanzarote/Costa Teguise