“Great food wonderfull service”

Portobello Restaurante Italiano
Ranked #14 of 195 Restaurants in Costa Teguise
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great food wonderfull service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate in this restaurant 3 times once we had tried it first on our 3rd night ,wish we had tried it earlier.
Food exceptionally good ,service really friendly and very welcoming. Made us feel really welcome and the prices are very reasonable

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jimretired

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
“Lovely atmosphere, wonderful food for all the family”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nati and her family and staff make you feel like they are there just for you. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was cosey and homely and out of 7 nights, we eat there 3, especially on our last night as did others we met during our stay. A definite for people who love to eat.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Linda C
liverpool
“Just ok”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having read the good reviews (although noting several were by 'first timers') we walked quite a way to eat here.

Positives;
1. Nati the owner is a nice friendly lady whose pride in her restaurant is evident by the time she takes to respond to adverse reviews.
2. Restaurant is clean and tidy
3. Clearly very child-friendly and suited to families

Negatives;
1. On taking our seats we were only offered the A-la-carte menu and not the 'Special 3 course' menu displayed outside. Unacceptable. Customers may be embarrassed to ask for the 'cheap' option.
2. Took too long for waiter to take our drinks order, even though it wasn't busy. I really dislike sitting in a restaurant with nothing in front of me.
2. All other restaurants in this price range in CT have linen tablecloths and napkins
3. At over 12 euros for a seafood pizza I would expect the topping described as 'crab' to mean just that and not slices of seafood stick.

Experience as a couple was average. Would be a good place to go as a family.

Reviewers who rate the restaurant as the best in CT should try El Navarro which has similar prices (recommended only for couples/adult groups).

I appreciate Nati may reply that I should have commented at the time, but there was nothing which she could have done to improve our experience, and in my view that's what TA is for - I have no wish to enter into a negative discussion to spoil my evening.

Still - as Nati says, 25 years in business ...

Visited January 2013
Gina492, Owner at Portobello Restaurante Italiano, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review which had some helpful tips for us. After 21 years, not 25 years, we do not sit back and just expect and accept our good reviews. They are hard won believe me. We always welcome sensible observations which some of yours were.

We are sorry you were not offered a Set Menu on arrival. We are currently printing some more "Set Menu" menus so we can include them in the body of the menu. We honestly never saw it as "the cheap option" and never will but we do take your point and will give it out. I apologise for the delay in the taking of your drink order and I have spoken to the staff about this as it is vital the drinks orders are taken as soon as possible. Normally they know to do this.

As I always say I do wish you had spoken to me of your issues while here as I can sort it there and then. Trying to work out what happened weeks later is difficult, and your observations helps us and please never see it as a negative to tell me anything that is wrong here. I need to keep all parts of the overall restaurant running well. The customer and their enjoyment of the meal and the overall experience of dining with us is important to me.
My customers are the number one priority in this restaurant and it will always be so.
Thank you for your review.
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great restaurant, loved the food, welcoming atmosphere, highly recommend visiting this authentic Italian.

1 Thank d_gooner1973
west mids
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Excellent food but service slow when full,a little on the expensive side. Authentic Italian menu,excellent home prepared olives. Best times to go when children are at school so not so busy.

Visited September 2012