Check in process was smooth and efficient - fresh orange juice provided which is a nice touch as we had arrived early we left our cases and returned at 1 pm when we were able to access our room. We had booked the classic room on B&B, as previous reviews have stated these class of rooms are dated though we found the size of the room to be perfectly adequate.
The next part of this review is balancing what we paid - value for money. We booked a very good deal with Melia direct which also entitled to a 15 euro credit per day to be used in the bars and food purchases. Having researched through the internet we managed to make a 60% saving against tour operators costs! The room is dated but comfortable with tub chairs and a large balcony where we could view the sea and also sneak a look at the level Grand Villa which looked amazing. The bathroom was fine, small but had twin sinks a separate toilet area and bath with a shower over. The shower did have a mind of its own occasionally sending scorching hot water through whilst showering which was not pleasant!
The breakfast choice was vast and quality was acceptable with the added touch of cava which was lovely every morning as a treat! We booked the taster menu at Marea which was held on Saturday and Thursday during our stay, food quality was excellent and included wines, water and coffee. The service was outstanding the two waiters were very attentive - thank you.
Overall we had a great stay had I been paying the tour operator rates then my view would have been different as I would have been expecting a higher standard of room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-recommended hotel (min. 16 years) is surrounded by 2 white sandy beaches. Dive into the lagoon swimming pools or enjoy the lush gardens. Dine inside or out at your choice of 4 on-site restaurants. There is an evening bar and lounge, a pool bar and a beach bar. Other hotel facilities include a professional water sports centre, 3 floodlit tennis courts, beauty centre, and a wellness area with sauna and whirlpool.The hotel offers direct access to the beach. The property also offers The Level services in some rooms, including access to the exclusive The Level Pool, a private check-in area, rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu, and personalised concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Melia Salinas - Adults recommended reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Salinas Hotel Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Hotel Salinas
- Melia Salinas - Adults Recommended Lanzarote/Costa Teguise