We stayed a week in mid December as a foursome with two close friends (we are in our late 60's). Hotel well presented from outside although we later found problems locating a car space for our hire car unless one returned early afternoon. Check in was a little slow for my liking as there were only two staff much of the time. The only technical problem during our stay (with the door lock) was attended to within minutes. The room was maintained daily to a good standard and while a little dated in appearance (dark stained louvre doors to cupboards) was functional and provided every thing we needed. We were on the fourth floor. The bed was very comfortable, the furnishings useful and the balcony gave us great views over the resort and towards the sea with afternoon sun and even a view of the Cattle Egrets roosting in a palm tree below us.
The pool area was beautifully maintained and the resurfacing work being carried out didn't affect our enjoyment (we only used the pool area late in the afternoon, having been out touring the island every day).
A lot has been said by others about the restaurant facilities. As a foursome we were showed to a table most times we entered the area and were always able to sit at a table made up for four. If none were available staff promptly put two tables together. The restaurant managers were particularly welcoming and personable. The quality and quantity of the food was excellent with fish and meat cooked individually. There was an Italian food evening and also sushi. The breakfast provided a wide choice. The restaurant never seemed crowded and there was good space between tables. Wine waiters were always attentive and served us promptly.
We particularly liked the international and age mix of guests with some well behaved children present. Evening entertainment was available although we didn't attend. The lifts were always vacant and fast.
To summarise... excellent value for money (a relatively cheap holiday with Thomsons) a comfortable hotel with interesting features (Manrique designed pool, art work, stunning central tropical area with some tasteful retail outlets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-recommended hotel (min. 16 years) is surrounded by 2 white sandy beaches. Dive into the lagoon swimming pools or enjoy the lush gardens. Dine inside or out at your choice of 4 on-site restaurants. There is an evening bar and lounge, a pool bar and a beach bar. Other hotel facilities include a professional water sports centre, 3 floodlit tennis courts, beauty centre, and a wellness area with sauna and whirlpool.The hotel offers direct access to the beach. The property also offers The Level services in some rooms, including access to the exclusive The Level Pool, a private check-in area, rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu, and personalised concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Salinas - Adults recommended reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Salinas Hotel Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Hotel Salinas
- Melia Salinas - Adults Recommended Lanzarote/Costa Teguise