My partner and I travelled here in mid-December. Having read the reviews, I did have a few concerns but we try to be as open-minded as possible and make our own judgement. I would also like to think we aren't too unreasonable, having never made a complaint about a holiday.
If you are expecting a five star holiday you are likely to be disappointed, although aspects of the hotel are five star.
On arrival the service was very good. Once we got to our room, we were massively disappointed.
As many of the reviews state, the rooms are tiny and would compare to a 3 star hotel. Whilst we appreciate the hotel was built a number of years ago the interiors have had little, if any work carried out on them and are therefore very dated and tired.
The beds were made on a daily basis but no cleaning was done in the rooms during the week we stayed. By the end if the week the floors were filthy.
We requested a change if sheets midway through the week, which wasn't done. Not the standards of cleanliness you would expect from a five star hotel.
The main reception, pool area and indoor garden are certainly worthy of a five star hotel, with the design and art work on show.
That said during our stay, quite extensive maintenance work was carried out on the main pool area and concrete was being laid.
Given the age if the hotel, we understand this needs to be carried out but we felt we should have been made aware of the plans prior, especially with the levels of noise this caused.
The main bar area is lovely and relaxing but offers little in the way of entertainment. 9.30-10.30 each evening was all that was offered. Again we expected a little more of a five star hotel, although it wasn't the end of the world.
When we booked the holiday we were led to believe the hotel had 3 restaurants but one of those wasn't open at all throughout the course of the week. Given the main restaurant was a buffet style, this would have offered some much needed variation. We wouldn't have minded so much if we had been made aware if this.
That said the food we did have was lovely, although become a little repetitive after 3-4 days.
Fortunately the resort offers some great restaurants, so we went out more towards the end of the week.
It is perhaps worth noting there is no need to go all inclusive, as we didn't feel it was value for money and the choice and variation away from the hotel is far greater.
We are due to fly out this evening and had asked to extend our stay in the room because of the time of our flight. We were of course prepared to pay for this service but have been told they need the room.
Thomson have let us down a little here as it certainly isn't to the standard of a five star all-inclusive hotel.
Whilst the hotel is a few years old, it offers great potential if the standards could be improved in terms of the customer service and quality of the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-recommended hotel (min. 16 years) is surrounded by 2 white sandy beaches. Dive into the lagoon swimming pools or enjoy the lush gardens. Dine inside or out at your choice of 4 on-site restaurants. There is an evening bar and lounge, a pool bar and a beach bar. Other hotel facilities include a professional water sports centre, 3 floodlit tennis courts, beauty centre, and a wellness area with sauna and whirlpool.The hotel offers direct access to the beach. The property also offers The Level services in some rooms, including access to the exclusive The Level Pool, a private check-in area, rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu, and personalised concierge services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Melia Salinas - Adults recommended reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Salinas Hotel Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Costa Teguise
- Gran Melia Hotel Salinas
- Melia Salinas - Adults Recommended Lanzarote/Costa Teguise