“Old-fashioned style and great food”
Review of Meson La Jordana - CLOSED

Meson La Jordana
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We ate here on our first and last nights in Lanzarote. My wife is partial to the roasted kid goat and I like the way they prepare the pork dishes - that did not stop us from starting with the fresh fish options. The owner gets you seated and takes your orders. His English is great and he engages when you ask questions and loves to describe the specials of the day.

Real old-fashioned style and the staff are well trained and our waitress made the Crepes at our table and talked us through their recipe.

1  Thank Samuel R

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the manager at our complex because it was our wedding anniversary and we wanted something special, so she booked it for us - WOW! It was really something very special and the manager was such a perfect gentleman, he really made our night.
The food was excellent - Wild Boar and the very best Sea Bass I've ever eaten! For dessert I had the Crema Catalan, absolutely wonderful, creamy and just a pure delight. As we were leaving the manager kissed me on both cheeks, and wished us a lovely evening - quite brought tears to my eyes!
Because we had enjoyed this meal so much, we decided to go on our last night and it was just such a pleasure again - I had a monkfish, clam and prawn casserole - just amazing and my husband had slow braised shoulder of lamb - so good. The staff were fantastic and I will always remember the manager for the lovely gentleman that he is, he runs a beautiful restaurant and if you go anywhere in Costa Teguise, please go to this one - you won't regret it. It is and should be the number one - a 5* experience on both of our visits.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Pretty restaurant 1o minutes from the beaches. Formally dressed waiters and excellent service. Very good baby squid followed by fish paella.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Welcomed by the owner and treated very well. Great fillet steaks at reasonable prices, coupled with great company and a bottle of wine. Give it a try you wont regret it.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

La Jordana has some old-fashioned style, and efficient, pleasant formal service. It serves excellent fresh fish: my wife and I had lovely fresh halibut, though as aficionados of fish soup we found La Jordana's version short of flavour - did it contain flour?

However, our overall experience was positive; we sat on the enclosed terrace as the sun set and ate good food washed down by Lanzarote Malvasia.