“Sea Trek - OMG -Amazing”

Native Diving Lanzarote
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Native Diving Lanzarote is not only a diving school in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, Canary Islands. In addition to organizing guided dives for certified divers around the island, taking PADI and SSI diving courses and diving for beginners, we are the only ones on the island that do Sea TREK (helmet diving - walk on the seabed) and PETER Diving System (diving without tanks). Everyone is welcome from beginners to experienced divers. Lanzarote has a fantastic underwater world. We have been working since June 1999, and after nearly 20 years of hard work we provide a high quality service. We are right on the seafront, right next to the Hotel Grand Teguise Playa, above Playa del Jablillo. Here we have the best conditions to develop our activities with safety and quality. Diving with Native Diving Lanzarote means diving in clear waters with a great variety of marine life, diving with the best material (renewed annually) and with the best guides and instructors (we speak more than eight languages). Welcome to the best diving school in Lanzarote. Welcome to Native Diving Lanzarote.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

My hubby can't scuba dive and we have a 9 year old daughter so this was an excellent alternative.
Wow - so glad we booked. Amazing experience, hotel pick drop off and pick up, wet suits & shoes included.

The helmet is clever and so simple to use my 9 year old had no issues and the divers who came with us were so kind, helpful and attentive.

We paid €180 for 3 of us plus we bought the photo/video dvd from the underwater camera (€25) So many fish to see, held a sea urchin & sea cucumber and spotted a puffer fish plus many other fish.

Amazing opportunity to do something different, highly recommended !

Jose Luis G, Director Comercial at Native Diving Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2016

Hi guys! Many thanks for your nice comments :) We really appreciate the time you spent writing it :) We are very glad you enjoyed the day with us! Hope we can see you again :)
Take care and thanks again!!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"fish spa"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2016

We did the sea trek, and it was a great way to spend a morning. We booked using the reps in our hotel and found that it came highly recommended by the reps themselves. A company minibus (seating 9 people including the driver) picked us up from the front of our hotel in Playa Blanca and took us for the 50 min drive to Costa Teguise. Staff clearly explained how to use the equipment, and there were 2 divers with our group of 4 during the whole underwater experience.

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for your comments :) we really appreciate it :) We are glad that you enjoyed the time with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Greetings,

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

I chose this dive school to take my open water course and I'm so glad I did!.
I'd passed my theory in the UK and looked on trip advisor for a dive school in Costa tequise.
This dive school came out on top and it's easy to see why.
Email setting up the course were promptly answered by Oscar who arranged transfers from my hotel and quickly answered any of my queries.
I must admit, I was nervous about doing the practical side but the instructor David quickly dispelled any fear and put safety first (as well as lots of fun!).
The course is spread out over 3 days and 4 dives.
Day 1.The pool sessions built up your confidence and taught you how to deal with situations.
Day 2. In the sea near the dive centre.
It was very windy and the sea was like a washing machine!.
However, the skills learnt in the pool were further built on and I was extremely happy with David's instruction ( calm, clear,fun!).
Day 3. We went out to playa del carmen for 2 more dives.
The first built on even more skills and gave you plenty of chance to fine tune them and explore the marine life.
The last dive. WOW!. Down 18 meters to the blue hole and experiencing the most diverse aquatic life such as barracuda, damsel fish etc etc etc. Just amazing!.
The bottom line.
Jose the owner has a fantastic team who are super professional, friendly and helpful.
The equipment is well cared for and top quality.
I felt like a member of a diving family and would like to thank all of them especially David for giving me such a first class experience. 5 star ?. That and more!. Thank you Team Native.

Hi Jon!! Super THANK YOU for you comments :) We are glad that you enjoyed so much :) That's always our idea :) We can't wait to have you here again and show you other spots and more marine life :) You know I'll answer the email so don't hesitate to contact soon :P
Many thanks again from David and Oscar!
Greetings Jon!!

Reviewed August 11, 2016

I booked to do the bubble helmet walk where you have a modern day equivalent of an old diving helmet resting on your shoulders and you go strolling along the sea bed. Unfortunately the wind was the general normal for the island, which was, if not strong, then definitely windy and the waters in the bay area they use for these excursions was also pulling to and thro as you don't go far enough down to miss the effect of the wind on the sea. I'm not that solidly balanced that I can ignore the natural tug back and forth of the water and that, along with a right ear which wasn't popping too easily, a drop of seawater running over my forehead into my left eye and a growing fear of tripping over ended up making me too afraid to go further so after only a couple of minutes I gave the thumb up and went back up to the surface. The diver with me was really nice and kind and while I was being a wuzz he was nice and patient and unjudgemental and I took myself back to the dive centre just a few yards away. I would definitely love to do this again but only in really calm water so don't let me put you off - it was great fun if only for a few seconds! :-) They're really nice people too - even let me have a fish pedicure while I waited for my turn - whoa! tickly! (It's really easy to find - just to the far end of the front car park of the Teguise Playa hotel and the Dive centre is right there on the corner of the beach and the seafront path. If you're staying at the BeLive Experience Lanzarote Beach hotel its almost opposite, just a little way to the left once you've left the hotel courtyard area.)

1  Thank Georgiegirl_1961

Hi Anit, I'm sorry to hear you couldn't do the activity...Many many thanks for your nice comments and for spending some time in writing them. We really appreciate it :) It's a shame you couldn't do it properly..hopefully you can come back soon and give it another try :D

See you soon and thanks again ;)

See more reviews
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I spent two days diving with the crew at Native diving whilst on holiday with the family. Both days diving in Puerto Del Carmen, It was a great experience with plenty to see Tuna, Barracuda, Angel Sharks, Eagle Ray's, Groupers the list goes on one day diving from the shore and one day diving from boats both days enjoyable. The staff at Native diving are great fun and easy to dive with I would definitely use them again if I was ever back in Costa Teguise. If your in the shop why not let the fish clean your feet my wife and I did great fun!

Hi Dan! Thank you very much for your nice comments! We all appreciate that you spent some time rating us :) We hope you can come to visit us again and discover other cool spots for diving along this beautiful island!
Thanks again and see you soon,