“Close to great, just a few annoying things”

Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Burntisland, United Kingdom
“Close to great, just a few annoying things”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Just back from a week in Lanzarote staying at the Luabay. This hotel is overall very good, but could be great if they fix a few things.
The good; its location is great, the hotel is kept very clean and the staff are helpful. The week we were there the wind was unreal, other reviews say it could be breezy but it was 40 - 45km winds every single day, all day. Therefore the upgrade we had to sea view was a waste of money as you couldn't sit out on the balcony without the wind about blowing you away, a room tip would be don't waste money on a sea view it's more sheltered overlooking the pool.
The food was pretty good for an all inclusive, but personnally if I was to go back I would go self catering in Costa Teguise as there are some good reasonable priced restaurants around the town.
The entertainment wasn't for me at all, the entertainment staff seemed very good with kids, but it was like being trapped in a children's entertainment channel even when it was adult things on like bingo or a quiz.
The main problem with the entertainment was at night there was no place else to go in the hotel, the only place you can get drink is the entertainment area, so if you didn't like the entertainment -you have had it, even sitting downstairs (where there are very few seats) you still have to listen to entertainment you can't be bothered with. This place badly needs another bar to let you can sit away from the entertainment and enjoy the all inclusive drink. Because of this we were out and about in the town almost every night. The entertainment in the pubs around the hotel is very good, unfortunately this defeats the point of all inclusive.
If the hotel opened another bar away from the entertainment it would be a massive improvement.

Overall, this is a good hotel, even though the entertainment wasn't for me. Would I go back to Costa Teguise, maybe not, not because of the hotel, more the constant wind, I have enjoyed other holidays better without the bloody wind.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on a sea view, because of the wind.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doddiebeadle
administrador_luabay, Director General at Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
We are glad to see that you have had a wonderful stay with us. Of course, we will take your constructive critics into consideration and will study how we can improve these aspects.
We look forward to welcome you soon again.

Best regards,

Manuel Coppi
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (960)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
birmingham
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I have just came back from luabay 5may2014 we stayed for a week and had a lovely holiday the hotel was very clean and there was always staff around making sure it stayed that way the food was really nice always plenty to choose from the rooms was lovely and clean we stayed in block 4 room 4212 the resort its self is really clean and it is so piceaful there are loads of bars and resturants around to go out and have a meal if u want to would def recommend this hotel and resort hope to go back in octember many thanks to all the staff at luabay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thebirminghambyrnes
administrador_luabay, Director General at Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our hotel with other users.
It was our pleasure to have you here as our guest and we look forward to welcome you soon again.

Best regards,

Manuel Coppi
Manager
Manchester
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 11 Nights over the Easter holiday we were upgraded on arrival to a superior room which we loved, the staff were all very friendly and the food and drink were excellent loved the cocktails which were brought around the poolside every day ( lovely touch ) the hotel is in a very good location in the town also next to the beach. The entertainment was very good loved the bingo and connect four games and all the acts. Thanks to all the staff from cleaners to dining room waiters for a great holiday and also to the receptionist's hope you enjoyed the Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cass19
Tilburg
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I am a 21 years old student and I had my internship period in Luabay Lanzarote Beach between 26-11-2013 / 15-04-2014. I want to tell everyone what an amazing time I had as a receptionist in this hotel.

What I have seen is that the hotel is good organized, very clean and the best location what u could wish for a place in Costa Teguise. Generally there where lots of people from 50+ so to say that It's a typical hotel for youngh people, I would say no.

I have learned a lot of things in many different ways and for that I want to give a special thank to the manager of the reception, who was always very helpfull to everyone and respect you as a person and not only as a trainee. He was always listening If you needed his help. The collegues, it was a pleasure for me to work with! Anytime I was impressed by there professionality.

The restaurant (wich was important to me because we as trainees could eat there 3 times per day) was delicious and also very varied. There is definitly nothing wrong with!

When people arrived in the hotel they often tried to have got the most beautifull room, but honestly: all the rooms in the hotel (and I have really seen a LOT) are wonderful. The only big difference is see- and poolview. It depends what you booked. It is almost impracticable to believe that it is a 3 stars hotel, I would say definitly 4.

What I think what is more important to know is that the staff in the whole hotel, that they enjoy there work and not smile because they have no choice. They all are very friendly and easily to make good contact with them during your holiday.

The location is great. Too close to the beach and at the same time right in the middle of the centre where all the shops and restaurants are. The square is also very nearby.

I really recommend this hotel to everyone, esspecialy If you like all-inclusive.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eva31051993
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just returned from an excellent weeks holiday over Easter in the Luabay.
Travelled with 2 children, husband and elderly Mother.
A lovely warm welcome from Jose and the reception team,, no hassle checking in, a glass of
Cava and asked to leave the luggage and have a further drink in the bar whilst our passports were checked, preventing any queues or hanging around the reception desk.

We were allocated a suite with interconnecting door which lead into a smaller room, this was fantastic for our family of 5.
Accommodation was immaculate and very modern. Suite was large with kitchenette, comprising of a sink, microwave and full size fridge, sleeping area with 2 single beds and a lounge area with sofa bed, large chair, coffee table and flat screen TV. Plenty of wardrobe space. The patio doors opened onto the balcony over looking the pool area.
Through the interconnecting door was another room, however this was a smaller room
Consisting of 2 single beds and the bathroom, small fridge, wardrobe and again TV.
Both had walk in showers etc. although the smaller rooms bathroom was quite small having to walk in and then close the door to get to the loo, but no issues.

Food something for all tastes. My mother is a diabetic and was delighted with the selection and
Quality, as were the whole family. All freshly cooked in an immaculate dining room.
Snacks by the bar were refreshed throughout the day and again, for snacks, a great selection
Of both hot and cold, along with sweets. Coffee machine, self service beer and soft drinks, however, Cocktails and spirits were bar service.

Entertainment, something on each night and plenty of sports activities in the daytime should you wish to get involved, The time table included darts, rifle shooting, pool volley ball, morning aerobics, beach walks, Mini golf, to name a few. The children were happily entertained by a great team. Oliver and Daphne were amazing. One night after the show, my 7 year old son loves to dance and Oliver put on some music and shown my son some great dance routines, the two of them were the final entertainment on the stage, it was highly amusing. Nothing was too much trouble for them and so much energy, the really do go the extra mile.

All of the staff would go out of their way to ensure everything was perfect for the guests and it was lovely to be treated as an individual. The management team have really looked into the organisation of how to run this Property as everything goes like clock work. I have been in 4 star properties that are not a patch on this hotel.

We would just like to thank all of the staff at the Luabay for making this such memorable and most enjoyable Holiday for all of our family. We certainly will be returning. It is the people who work here that makes all of the these great experiences possible, from the cleaners, chefs, bar staff, entertainers, right up to management.

Thank you to All of the staff at the Luabay.

Room Tip: Most pool view rooms tend to get the sun all day
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just returned from a weeks family holiday at this great hotel. We were welcomed with a glass of bubbly and upgraded to a junior suite on check in. All the staff are very helpful and friendly and the whole place is kept spotlessly clean. My 2 daughters attended the kids club and they loved every minute of it. It was well organised and well run by a very enthusiastic team. We were All Inclusive and found the food to be of a decent standard. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hopefully return again in the near future.

Room Tip: Be aware there is no lift in this hotel so those needing assistance should request a ground floor ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Diane P
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just came back from 2weeks in hotel me wife an 2 sons 13 an 17 an mum 79 we all love it like to thank all the staff from reception to cooks an cleaners very polite an helpfull rooms big an very clean pool a little cold but ok when your in food was a good choice every day but for my family the entertainment team was one of the best we ever had an we travel all over the world they made are holiday not just great but personal to always polite an getting us all involved in things we will be come back to this hotel soon an management we hope all 4 entertainment team are with u for many years Daniel daphne Oliver lad I like to thank you from all my family Shane Cath Brandon an billy an of course nana you gave us a holiday to remember thank you so much

• Stayed April 2014