Just back from a week in Lanzarote staying at the Luabay. This hotel is overall very good, but could be great if they fix a few things.
The good; its location is great, the hotel is kept very clean and the staff are helpful. The week we were there the wind was unreal, other reviews say it could be breezy but it was 40 - 45km winds every single day, all day. Therefore the upgrade we had to sea view was a waste of money as you couldn't sit out on the balcony without the wind about blowing you away, a room tip would be don't waste money on a sea view it's more sheltered overlooking the pool.
The food was pretty good for an all inclusive, but personnally if I was to go back I would go self catering in Costa Teguise as there are some good reasonable priced restaurants around the town.
The entertainment wasn't for me at all, the entertainment staff seemed very good with kids, but it was like being trapped in a children's entertainment channel even when it was adult things on like bingo or a quiz.
The main problem with the entertainment was at night there was no place else to go in the hotel, the only place you can get drink is the entertainment area, so if you didn't like the entertainment -you have had it, even sitting downstairs (where there are very few seats) you still have to listen to entertainment you can't be bothered with. This place badly needs another bar to let you can sit away from the entertainment and enjoy the all inclusive drink. Because of this we were out and about in the town almost every night. The entertainment in the pubs around the hotel is very good, unfortunately this defeats the point of all inclusive.
If the hotel opened another bar away from the entertainment it would be a massive improvement.
Overall, this is a good hotel, even though the entertainment wasn't for me. Would I go back to Costa Teguise, maybe not, not because of the hotel, more the constant wind, I have enjoyed other holidays better without the bloody wind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach is a wonderful hotel that has a very modern design, cozy and ideal for singles, couples and families. In short, the perfect choice for those wishing to enjoy the sun and sand of Lanzarote's beaches combined with maximum comfort. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Lanzarote Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach Costa Teguise