Have just returned from a one week stay at the Luabay, all inclusive.
After a very smooth departure, we were greeted by a highly warming and informative lady (Rosana I think her name was) and this set the tone for the week. All staff, from Cleaners to Check In Staff to Waiters to Barmen work very hard with a smile on their face and are a credit to the hotel.
The rooms are exceptional for a 3* hotel. Large bathroom with great views of the beach and the eastern side of Costa Teguise. All kept very clean.
All inclusive warrants 3 meals a day, with a snack bar running from 12:00 - 17.00 including hamburgers, chips, salad and cheap ice cream every day, with other snacks chorizo sticks, chicken nuggets, paella and the sort appearing occasionally. Cups are readily available to help yourself to beer (Amstel and Memminger I think), surprisingly nice White wine, sangria, red wine and soft drinks. Cocktails are also available, but an issue would be that these were too watered down! Lunch consisted of salads, freshly cooked meats, pastas, pizzas, with vegetarian options furthermore. Dinner would also be this, but with a greater and more varied selection.
I rarely stay for evening entertainment in the hotel, and would rather go to the town, so I'm probably not the most reliable reviewer here. But what I saw wasn't anything special. Bit of flamenco dancing, bit of Bavarian sing-a-long etc.... Costa Teguise is lovely though, loads of bars and restaurants full of individual character. Sports in the day also seem low key if that is your sort of thing. However, rather a large enough pool there are plenty of loungers to sunbathe, and a solarium if you'd rather have more peace and quiet.
So what stops this review from being 5 star?? Breakfast is poor. I'd like to think I'm not narrow-minded enough and just want a fry up done the way it is at home, but there was no variety, was slightly undercooked, and less selection than at lunch and dinner..... the fruit was nice though! Also I believe the cooking is worse than many of the restaurants in Costa Teguise....so I would maybe nit do all inclusive again. Finally, a minor issue would be the occasional feral cat surrounding the hotel. Great for some. Not for me unfortunately.
But would thoroughly recommend this hotel for comfort, cleanliness and location, and would be more than willing to return to Lanzarote and experience more of the great excursions on offer.
Thanks for having us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach is a wonderful hotel that has a very modern design, cozy and ideal for singles, couples and families. In short, the perfect choice for those wishing to enjoy the sun and sand of Lanzarote's beaches combined with maximum comfort. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TravelUp, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Lanzarote Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach Costa Teguise