“Very clean and modern hotel with friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach

Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
cumbria
“Very clean and modern hotel with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Easter. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly.
Our room (6110) was on the ground floor and overlooked the swimming pool, the room was extremely clean and huge, the bed was really comfortable and we had our own kitchenette - something we didn't need to use though.
There was plenty of choice for breakfast, lunch and evening meal, the usual buffet style, the food was ok, staff were once again very friendly.
The only thing we found as a negative was that there was a smell coming from the restaurant area - not the restaurant itself, which could be quite bad at times.
There were plenty of sunbeds and the beach is at the back of the hotel via a gate - a card entry system is in operation. There is a lovely walk along the promenade in both directions with bars and places to eat.
I would return to this hotel but would probably go on a self catering or b & b basis.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jasper063

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I just returned from a week at this hotel. My room (3110) was very good and big with a sea view. The staff are friendly enough. The pool area is good you can get your own drinks from the self service bit, I recommend joining in with the games, I had a couple of games of darts and it was a laugh. The food is ok could be better. The evening entertainment is boring, there was about 2 good nights out of the 7 I was there, I only used it as a place for a few free drinks before I went to the bars. I strongly recommend going to see the drag act at the British bar opposite the hotel Absolutely hilarious lol. The hotel is in a perfect position I was always going out for a stroll especially along the sea front. I was There for my 23rd birthday and a member of staff came to my room on my birthday with a card and a plate of little cakes which I thought was a really nice touch :) I would return again in the Future but think I'm going to try the Luabay in Tenerife next. All in all I had a good time just could do with better food and entertainment but other than that its a great place.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daniel B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from the 15th May for a week and wasn't expecting much due to the mixed reviews on tripadvisor. Have to say though was pleasantly surprised at the standard our room faced the pool so had the sunshine till late evening. The room was spacious though not one of the bigger suite rooms. The bathroom was a good size and was beautifully designed and tiled. Housekeeping came daily and always left the room immaculate, they work really hard. The food was okay most of the time and edible. What was poor was the smell some mornings and evenings there was the most awful stomach churning stench in the dining hall. Whether it was the sewers or the sea I'm not sure but it wasn't pleasant. The pool bar was repetitive with the food of a lunchtime but it's all holiday food. All in all a good holiday and I would return though possibly would eat out more

Room Tip: Room 2118 is on the ground floor facing the pool gets the sun most of the day and into late evening...
4 Thank charlie281170
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Arrived at 9pm at night so had missed dinner but they had left a plate of pasta and salad and some fruit in our room which was nice. Straight up to the bar to sample the wines and cocktails.
We were upgraded to a superior room on the ground floor with a pool view - 4104. The room was lovely and great having a balcony that we could walk straight off up to the pool.
There was no noise at night and air con in the room definietely helped when outside was 40 degrees in the day.
We were given bottles of water each day when the room was cleaned which was great take out on your walks. Even had a small freezer bit so could freeze the water if you were going out all day to keep it chilled.
The daily drinks made by the staff were a nice touch - those mojitos were strong!
The beach is only 50 meters away if you go out the back gate to the hotel located by block 3 I think. Is card entry only so no-one from outside the hotel can get in. All the bars are down there too but as mentiond before, there was no noise pollution. Round the back are more sun beds so if you want to be away from the pool in the quiet to relax, there are pleny of beds here.
The nightly entertainment - some were great, some weren't - but I suppose it depends what you are into. I thought the Magician was excellent - very funny.
The only downside was the the bars all closed at midnight which compared to all other all inclusive I have done is early, but there are plenty of bars outside the back - I would highly reccommend the Dophin pub just round the corner. The staff and owner are lovely and is a great place to watch your sports. Also - the gym only consists of about 4 pieces of equipment and the spa is not open yet.
We hired a car, which if there are more than 2 of you is well worth it rather than doing the organised trips. The south Island full day trip is €33 each. You can hire a car for €22 a day and with petrol at €1/litre makes it much cheaper and you can go at your own place. Don't hire the car from next to hotel - it is much more expensive. We used Cabrera Medina which is on the main road (turn left from the hotel) next to the Spar. They were so friendly and helpful.

3 Thank bunny91chris
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at the Luabay for one week all inclusive commencing the 13th of May.
We booked with First Choice and got the flight, hotel and transfer for £480 each.

We did read most of the recent reviews on Trip Advisor, so we knew what to expect from the hotel. I did email the hotel company in advance and ask for a pool view, which was suggested by other reviewers, but we got what we originally booked which was a family room. The room itself (2126) was massive for two people and had a great sea view. The decor looked in good condition and was very clean throughout the stay. There was a walk in shower and a large lounge/TV area. This was by far the best room I have stayed in while on a package deal.

Check in was swift when we arrived at about 8 pm on the Sunday night and the staff were very helpful. The reception area itself is large and pleasant, although a bit hot and stuffy as well. The pool area again seemed to be kept spotless and you were always seeing staff cleaning wherever you went.

We managed to go to the hotel restaurant on the first evening and as mentioned before it is down some metal stairs under the hotel. There is a lift somewhere in the hotel so people with walking difficulties can get to the restaurant. It can be busy at times peak times (hotel seemed full), but you can find a table with no problems as the staff are always cleaning tables and setting them back up again. As mentioned by others there is a slight drain smell at times, but to be honest you would have to be overly sensitive to have it put you off your dinner.

The food in general is very fresh and there is plenty of choice, normally at least six or seven meat/fish choices. There is also pasta, pizza, salad and dessert sections which again have six or seven choices on each. You have to remember this is a buffet restaurant trying to cater for a lot of people. You may struggle though if you are a veggie like I am, but it is no more than I expect when traveling abroad.

For the people who say the food standard is not good enough. If you want restaurant quality food and swan ice sculptures, then pay double the price and go on a cruise!

The greatest thing about this hotel is the staff who were everywhere, very friendly and worked very hard. When you add in great rooms, great location (beach one minute out the back door), good food, very nice resort and the chance of good weather most of the year, £480 is pretty much a bargain considering flights will cost you £200 on their own.

The resort itself is very nice and the beaches are impressive and very close. The resort is not for the party animals thankfully and is a good place for couples and families. If you like snorkeling then I suggest trying “Playa Jablillo” (ten minute walk), as it has a man made reef and there are thousands of fish to see.

Overall I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Block 1 or 2 seem to be the best for getting some sun.
9 Thank blokefrombristol
Administradors, Luabay Team at Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. It’s our best reward to see that you had a good time during your holiday in Luabay Lanzarote. We will take your comments and suggestions about our entertainment and our seating area in the bar in consideration. There will be some renewals in terms of entertainment so you can be curious about what will await you on your next vistit. See you soon in Lanzarote!
North of England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Arrived at 9ish at night and checked in no problem, We had a cold plate and fruit left in the room which was a nice touch. Asked for pool view low floor. We got level two sea view. The one they show in the pictures showing the beach from the balcony Ha Ha, best room in the house. But, we needed a low floor, so in the morning we moved to 4106n which has a view over the boats and sea from the other side of the hotel. Just as nice.

I think this hotel is great. The staff are fabulous and you can have a really good laugh with them. Smiley award of the week went to Daniel and David, otherwise known as big smiley and small smiley.

Food was super and each station as well as the usual salad and sweet part, were the pasta chef, pizza chef, fish and meat chef, so no excuses there then as you should get it cooked as you like it. A few nights I asked for just plain cheese and tomato pizza. There is no problem you are just asked to come back in 5 mins, unless you want to wait. It is the small touches that make this hotel stand out from the rest. Like when you are sunbathing they bring round Bailey/Coffee with crushed ice, sangria. Mojoito etc. Very nice when you cannot be bothered to raise your bum off the sunbed and get your own.

Can't really comment on the weather as there was a Calima when we were there. It hit 40 degrees and was super hot. This has now passed and the temp is round about back to 27 degrees. We got a few days at this temperature and the breeze came back, boy was that welcome.

Entertainment ranged from excellent to really not so great, but you can make your own mind up so I won't spoil the fun.

Had a great laugh with the cocktails off the menu because everytime we ordered one we got something different and a different colour than the last time. Hic...Good night had by all. The only time you order a drink from the bar is after 7pm but before then it is help yourself.... Suprisingly this was not abused.

Please read my other reviews on this lovely island. We will be back as the place is spotless. The roads are the best I have seen. It is trouble free.

The beach is less than a min away. The square is three which is well worth a visit, we went after dinner just for little drink before the entertainment started in the hotel at 9.30pm. The bus stop is five.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a certain room because you get the opposite of what you have asked for. Rooms endi...
8 Thank Hols4uslot
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed in Luabay in the beginning of may. I need to say, very very nice hotel and I would definitely come back with other half for lazy holiday! Hotel was clean and staff happy to help (literally!). Entertainment was average (Polynesian night was the funniest and One Night Stand Man was most entertaining!). The only thing we didn't like was food! Plain, tasteless and everything you eat back home! We were expecting a bit more Spanish traditional menu rather than fish&chips or frankfurters! Although You're able to book in for a Spanish or Mexican night in pool bar which was lovely, real food after all alleluia;) Overall it's a hotel I would be happy to go back!! Enjoy x

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Berry85
Dear Berry, we thank you very much for your recommendation. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your holidays in our hotel. Regarding entertainment programme and food offer we would like to inform you that we are reorganizing the respective departments and that you will soon see the difference. We hope we can welcome you again in Luabay Lanzarote Beach Hotel, soon!