Well, of course we read the mixed reviews here and were a bit worried about actually staying at the Luabay and even considered rebooking, however having just returned from a wonderful holiday at the Luabay we were glad that we didn't change our hotel after all.
First of all, we have stayed in lots of 4* hotels in Spain and yes, this is a proper 4* hotel !!! When we arrived, reception staff was super friendly and we were checked in within a couple of minutes and ready to go to our room. Well yes, when you have your room on the 2nd floor you have to carry your luggage upstairs as there are no lifts, but you only do it twice anyway and from what I've seen staff was eager to help senior citizens with their luggage.
Our seaview room was spacious, furniture still looked brand new and room was 100% clean. Next time I would opt for a poolview room as it gets quite windy in the evenings, so we didn't use the balcony that much. Oh, and the rooms are very well isolated, so you won't hear anything from the corridor or your neighbours. A minor negative point is that there is nowhere to hang your towels or wet beachwear. As for the so often criticised bathroom window - well yes, if the light is on other people passing by your room can see that somebody is having a shower or doing whatever - BUT that's about it, you can't actually see the person itself or whether it's a male or female.... so no need to put towels, pillows or whatever in your bathroom window.
In general the hotel was very well staffed, everybody has been really friendly and welcoming be it bar staff, maid or waiters in the restaurant. Although fully booked we never had to wait for a drink and tables were cleared immediately.
The food was really excellent - and we are picky eaters- and definately worth 4*. Yes, often it wasn't labelled or when they labelled food it was often wrong, BUT all staff were able to speak english, german and of course spanish and always happy to point out the different ingredients. Come on, it's holidays, don't we all have time for a little chat at the buffet???
The only drawback is, that the dining room does actually resemble of a canteen and yes, the sewage smell is still there. One day more than the other and it also depends where you are sitting. We had dinner in the a la carte restaurant twice (mexican & spanish nights) and it's not really a la carte but you will get a set menu. If you don't really like fish as we do you better skip the spanish nights, otherwise food here was excellent as well.
Moving on to the nightly entertainment - which was quite good actually - I have to admit that most reviewers here are right as it was very difficult to find a free table if you arrived after 9:30pm (entertainment also starts at that time). When the hotel is fully booked there are just not enough seats, which is unfortunately also true for the amount of sunbeds. we really hate reserving sunbeds, but here you had no other choice as you wouldn't find an empty sunbed after 9:30am.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay and when reading the minor complaints one should always bear in mind that the Luabay is very reasonably priced for a 4* hotel. We would definately go there again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach is a wonderful hotel that has a very modern design, cozy and ideal for singles, couples and families. In short, the perfect choice for those wishing to enjoy the sun and sand of Lanzarote's beaches combined with maximum comfort. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Lanzarote Beach Hotel Costa Teguise
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach Costa Teguise