“Typical canarian restaurant with very authentic food”
Review of Isla Bonita

Isla Bonita
Ranked #78 of 199 Restaurants in Costa Teguise
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a local friend of mine. It is indeed a very spanish place with rather few tourists finding it. It is centrally located on one of the main roads, but not in one of the top tourist spots. And it is absolutely worth the detour. The welcome with a little cheese and a glass of wine is a nice surprise. But the food itself would not need this type of introduction. It is simply outstanding and far away from the traditional tourist preparation. My wife had a wonderful Zarzuela, while I really enjoyed my baby goat meat (quite some bones though, but wonderful taste). As a starter we had a wonderful dish with mushrooms in lots of garlic. Just outstanding in the making. This place turned very busy around 15.00, when we had finished eating and the ambiance was very spanish indeed.
The service was impecable also when the place got crowded. All in all - this lunch was a real treat. Next time we will certainly pay a visit to Isla Bonita again!

1  Thank Motivita

Reviewed November 28, 2011

i had a very tasty grilled sole and the greeting with wine and cheese was spot on. worth a visit.

1  Thank mcc1884
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Staying in Los Molinos apartments this restaurant was straight across the road from us. Upon entering we were given a small glass of local wine and a cube of local cheese.

The staff were friendly and explained the local dishes that were on the menu. They came round with bread rolls which I refused being wheat free. They never explained that these would be charged for, they appeared free. When the final bill came I had been charged for a roll even though I hadn't had one!

My partner had the mixed grill and I had the local fish stew in a tomato based sauce. There was more meat on his plate than he usually eats in a week! The Canarian potatoes and sauces were the best we had in Costa Teguise.

The chocolate mousse was velvety smooth and left you wanting more.

We didn't query the addition of the extra bread roll on the bill because when we were given it the waiter also gave us a glass of the local Honey Rum and left the bottle on the table. We didn't like to take more, but he topped our glasses up!

A lovely dining experience only spoiled by the family on the next table who couldn't control their child.

1  Thank RomeGirl237
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Dropped in for a quick dinner. Within seconds served free drinks and tapas, paper for the kids to color on and a quick review of the menu. Ordered half portions for the 4 kids and mains for us. The house wine was good. Service excellent. Will return.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

Having read that this was one of the recommended restaurants in the free Lanzarote guide I was determined to find it. I expected it to be in the main town, on the sea front but it's actually facing away from the sea on the main road.

On arrival we were greeted warmly and presented with a small glass of local wine which was actually quite palatable. Once shown to our table we were given a complimentary amuse bouche of grilled fish and potatoes in a rich tomato sauce.

I opted for a bottle of local wine after recommendation from the waiter and again this was fresh and fruity and very enjoyable. My starter was the grilled octopus and I wasn't prepared for the mountain of octopus that turned up on my plate - it was mammoth and so tasty, served very simply in a light garlic oil drizzle with some Canarian potatoes and mojo sauce on the side. It was so flavoursome, I can almost taste it again now. My fiance went for the avocadoes and prawns which basically did what it said on the tin, it was nice enough but nothing compared to mine!

For my main I opted for a prawn and fish kebab. This was not as impressive as the octopus but it was beautifully cooked, served simply with a nice salad accompaniment. It also complimented the wine and vice versa!

As a pudding I went for the chocolate mousse which was rich, smooth and creamy without being cloying. Heavenly.

There were very large complimentary glasses of honey rum. Absolutely superb. We should have gone back there again and it is lamentable that we didn't.

I thoroughly recommend for good local cuisine and exceptional service.

1  Thank Alison_L