We ate here twice - once on the 10.95 buffet side and once on the normal buffet side. The restaurant is well located and with lots of seats but there are a few hidden things to note:
1. Buffet food is warm at best
2. Only a few meat dishes were kept full.. the rest were mainly gravy
2. They do not like to put out duck - even though duck is part of the buffet menu.
When I went up for the first plate I could see there was no duck. I POLITELY asked staff if there was duck coming, the lady said yes... I watched carefully nearby and waited... going up for the 2nd plate some 15 minutes later I asked one of the staff why there was still no duck and was told "you only paid 4.95 Euro for eat as much as you like .. so you cannot expect duck".. at this point I got a little peeved & asked if duck was part of the buffet menu, to which I was told yes.. so I said I would therefore like some duck... funnily enough less than 60 seconds later a lady went inside and came out with a VERY SMALL portion of duck.... I wouldn't have minded so much but..
3. Before getting our food my wife didn't fancy a drink at all but we were told "you have to drink".. I presumed this was in case I decided to share my drink with my wife so as I was not feeling that thirsty we said we both wouldn't drink and was told "well you have to either both order a drink or pay 1 Euro each for not drinking" .. restaraunt rules (we laughed and just bought a drink each anyway as it wasn’t about the dosh).. but then to be told I should not expect duck.. you get the picture
4. I even forgot about all the above and enjoyed the meal with my family until the end of the night when I went to pay by debit card for like 17 Euros.. after I handed over my debit card the lady behind the till asked me " where is your ID".. I asked why do you need my I.D.? She said how do I know this card is yours.. I said "because when I put my PIN in the reader it will say PIN OK Accepted".. she tried to say it was the island policy to ask for the Passport... I said funny that because I did shopping on 3 previous days, ate at a restaurant for x2 nights before, hired a car and you are the only place on the island who has asked for my passport... SILENCE... When I asked her if it she was asking as I was a black guy she was once again SILENT... one of the nicer staff (younger lady in glasses) looked embarrassed when she asked me because the rude till lady wasn't working when we ate in the same restaurant three nights earlier on the 10.95 Euros freshly cooked buffet side (with none of the above problems) and payed as per normal.. enough said... people you have been warned of some of the ignorant mentality here... needless to say I would never eat here again!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.