“We'll stay here again”

Apartamentos Camels Spring
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a very enjoyable 2 week stay at Camels Spring. It is located in a quiet, semi-residential area, but just 1 minute walk (literally) to Playa Bastian Beach and 5/10 mins walk to shops, bus stop, taxi rank, supermarket, lots of restaurants and Las Cucharas beach.

Although only 2 of us, we were glad that we followed an earlier Trip Advisor review and booked a 2 bedroom apartment. The 1 bedroom apartments (all on the ground floor) have less privacy with small patios with table and chairs facing the pool/gardens and from the layout it is clear that the bedrooms are quite dark. Although this would have been quite adequate, the 2 bedroomed apartments, all on the 1st and 2nd floors, are more spacious and airy with large, private balconies, 2 sun loungers, table and 4 chairs, good views and well worth the extra cost. All apartments get the afternoon sun. Both bathrooms in our apartment had been recently refurbished and while the furniture was a bit dated, it was clean and perfectly adequate. Bed a bit hard for us, but that's a matter of taste.

The whole place, including the pool, was spotless and all the staff were friendly and helpful. If, like us, you are looking for somewhere quiet, clean and comfortable with a nice pool, albeit not heated, this should suit you but not for anyone with mobility problems as there are steps even to the ground floor apartments.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank 964Susan

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This apartment was ideal - it was perfectly situated on the edge of Costa Teguise (so nice and quiet) within walking distance of the sea, the shops, bars and restaurants. The friendly cleaners called in daily (except weekends) to make the good sized orthopedic bed (very comfortable) and wash floors etc.
The staff were friendly and helpful and we would recommend these apartments.

Room Tip: We were a little disappointed when we arrived and found we were on the ground floor as this affected...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank shirleyann50
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a four night stay at Camel Springs over the Christmas period and as the title says, you get what you pay for.

The apartment was spacious enough, but I cannot agree with other travellers about the cleanliness. When we arrived the floors were covered with thick, black head hairs as well as hairs of a more personal nature. The apartment reeked of stale smoke, in the bedroom as well as the living area, which I found nauseating. The furniture was so old and dirty I couldn't bring myself to sit on it. However, everyone is different and these may not be things that would bother other people, some might call me fussy.

The location is a positive - very close proximity to the main restaurant and bar area and right next door to Casa Felix, which can be totally recommended.

The pool area was ok. Unfortunately they were refurbishing the bar area. We had not been warned of this, which I found a little disappointing and listening to power tools wasn't the ideal way to relax in the sun!

Overall, the apartments are very cheap, but they weren't of the standard that other reviews had led me to believe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Louisca
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We have been here on 3 occasions and have to say it is first class.We have just had a 3 week stay and every thing was just right.Having made a mistake with our booking I rang Debbie to ask to change our booking and she could not have been more helpful.All the staff cleaners ,reception and bar are really nice and helpful.I will certainly be returning

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank happychappy_8
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Would thoroughly recommend Camel Springs. Reception very helpful, apartment very clean, spacious and comfortable. Very large balcony with sea and pool views. Was cleaned 3 times during our one week stay.

We booked a one bedroom apartment - but received an upgrade to 2 bed / 2 bathrooms.

The apartments have pleasant surroundings and an inviting pool - though given location within 100m of a beach, we didnt use it. The location is excellent - a couple of great restaurants at end of the road and within walking distance of all the resorts amenities - either along pedestrian walkway by the sea - or by more direct inland route.

Very good value

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Tim B
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was travelling solo this time and stayed here only for 3 nights. I had one bedroom ground floor apartment for myself. Good size bedroom with a lot of storage space. Build in wardrobe, bedside tables and plenty of drawers for your bits and pieces. Big plus was a good size mirror in the bedroom. Bed sheets were clean and bed very comfortable. I have to admit that bedroom furniture wasn’t brand new, but practical. It seemed that bathroom was recently refurbished to high standard. Modern tiles, big sink and everything spotlessly clean. I was given plenty of clean towels for the whole stay. Open plan kitchen/dining area/living area had very homely feel. Kitchen had all appliances which I have at home except dishwasher and oven. But microwave was good enough substitute. I was impressed with kettle with no lime scale in it. Coffee/tea maker, toaster was welcomed addition together with brand new kitchen roll, washing up liquid and sponge for the dishes. There were glasses, cereal bowls, knifes, cutlery, sauce pans,......you name it and everything was clean! TV was old fashioned one, but because I do not go on holiday to watch TV I did not mind and I cannot comment on available channels. Big sliding door opened onto the terrace with table, chairs and two sun loungers. There were soft mattress’ available at reception. I spent a lot of time just relaxing on the terrace. It was very private and I hardly saw anyone passing by. Terrace was partially covered by vegetation but it wasn’t blocking any sun!
Location is excellent. Small beach is just down the road and bigger beaches around 10 minutes walk. Shops and restaurants are also close by.
I did not experience any problems with hotel’s free wifi in my basement apartment. Having said that, the best connection was in the living area and worst in the bedroom. But it is great to have a free wifi mainly when these days a lot of expensive hotels are charging fortune for it.
Pool is not huge, but big enough for occasional swim and is very clean. There is a pool bar, open from lunch time and closing when last person leaves. It is literally advertised like this in the hotel bulletin.
If I remember correctly, apartments are cleaned every day except Sunday. In my opinion this resort is not suitable for families with very small children or teenagers looking for some fun who wants to party. If peace and quiet is what you are after on your next holiday, this is definitely the place. And by the way, it was great value for money. I paid 25Euros/night!

Room Tip: I was more than happy with ground floor apartment. No stairs to climb and you have a private terrace...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank komodo8297
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This time share resort is away from the hustle and bustle but only a 10 minute walk to the main attractions. Playa Bastian beach is 2 minutes walk.
We stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. It was clean, well furnished and comfortable.
The complex has a lovely swimming pool and a pool bar. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The only negative we found was the t.v. Package. A very small tv with only 2 English channels. However management will loan a DVD player ,on request at no charge.
A lovely relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: The second bedroom in our apt (D6) was very small and the door could not be closed properly. As the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple