“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Costa Teguise
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Just had 11 nights here and overall it was lovely ,hotel very clean and modern,I was worried before we went as a lot of reviews complained about the entertainment being German orientated however it was ok , the mini disco was good for our 5 yr old he loved it and after a week so did my 14 and 16 yr old. The buffet restaurant was really good fantastic choices all 3 meals ,however the Italian was the worst thing I've ever eaten Me and my husband both had a meat cannelloni and it was disgusting mine was raw pasta on the bottom and burnt raw pasta on top I hate complaining so I didn't say anything as the rest was ok ,back to the hotel it's self ,rooms are huge we had 2 junior suites and both had a sea view it was stunning the hotel pool is freezing no matter what time of day it is and we had brilliant weather and it still didn't warm up but the best way in is just to jump in because once your in its really not that bad.
Now a big up for all the entertainment staff Cicco , Liza ,Paulina ,Patrik think there was a Tom and also a new girl called Stephanie I think ,who I'm sure will be great these guys and gals don't stop all day playing water polo , aqua aerobics etc etc they graft all the time and are all fantastic with the kids really brilliant.
The only thing that keeps cropping up is the lack of a separate bar lounge for adults, it doesn't bother me personally as I've got children but I do think that it lacks this and one other thing the small childrens pool / slide area is too small for the amount of kids that are there that's just my opinion .
Otherwise all good good good , would defiantly go back.

Room Tip: Get a sea view!!
6 Thank Casbat39

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have just returned from a 10 night stay here and all in all had a lovely holiday. The staff in the hotel are wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The room cleaning was excellent and there were always members of staff cleaning the public areas too.

We found the food to be very nice, plenty of choice and our two children (aged almost 3 and 16 months) found plenty that they liked. We went out a couple of times for lunch as we got a bit fed up with the buffet, but if you eat in the same place everyday then you're bound to want a change now and then. There was always fresh fruit and salads available so we ate very well, and the puddings were lovely. We ate in the Italian restaurant one night and the food was delicious. Drinks were nice, red wine was of a good standard and you can pay extra for premium brands if you're fussy about what you drink.

There were a couple of minor things that we found irritating. There was no tea or coffee in the room - there was a coffee machine, kettle etc but you had to buy your own provisions. I have never stayed in a four star hotel that doesn't provide these. The toiletries were pretty much non-existant. There is a universal bottle of something that is shower gel/shampoo/conditioner so I ended up buying conditioner as I couldn't get a brush through my hair when I washed it. This may or may not be a problem for others - I was saving space in our suitcases by not taking my own stuff as my two kids dominate the suitcase space with their bits and bobs.

We had a family room with separate bedroom and sea view. We put the two kids in the bedroom so we could sit on the balcony in the evening but the sofa bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have EVER slept on. It was like a table. Would have also been nice to mattress protectors on the beds.

In terms of things to do with the kids, the hotel does have plenty of facilities. The small pool with the slides was lovely, and there were always plenty of sunbeds and places to sit. The main pools were absolutely freezing though so we ended up buying wetsuits for the little ones. There are two playgrounds which my kids really enjoyed. However, one day my little girl climbed off a rocking type thing that she had been playing on and it promptly came out of the ground! We told reception and it was removed. The beach opposite the hotel isn't that great but we walked along the seafront towards Costa Teguise and found a lovely one to play on.

The kids mini disco doesn't start until 8:30pm which was too late for my two because of their age. We did stay up one night but we had two very grumpy kids the next day which was a shame because they really enjoyed it. If our kids were older then I'm sure that would have been fine but is something to bear in mind if you are travelling with small children. There is only one bar area in the evening and if you don't have children then it could possibly get a bit annoying having lots of children running about.

Didn't go to the spa but did go to the gym a few times - plenty of equipment, would have been nice to have it open later than 8pm though.

Overall a nice relaxing break.

9 Thank DBCMacclesfield
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Went in October last year, and June this year 2014. The hotel is lovely right on the beach, all the staff are very friendly, and helpful. The food , and the drinks are very good, only the very fussy would find a problem with them. Always able to get a sun lounger whatever the time of day. The rooms are very nice, and the beds are very comfy, had a problem with the A/C but that was resolved within the hour, all you have to do is ask , and any problem will be attended to as I said the staff are very good. NEGATIVES, Ok the pools can be quite chilly here's what to do, instead of slowly lowering yourself down the steps jump straight in, once your in you'll find it's not so bad. The only other gripe would be the entertainment, but enjoy it for what it is, and don't let it spoil your holiday. For those who like to shop there are plenty of shops, bars and eating places all within 10/15 minutes walk. Like I said I've been twice,and wouldn't hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Couldn't suggest a room, I've had two different rooms, and both were great. My rooms were at...
7 Thank Steve H
Sliedrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great hotel, possible improvement: quality of some of the drinks

Location: 9
Comfort: 8
Cleaning: 7
Facilities: 9
Food: 8
Drinks: 6
Animation Team (Eros, Chicco, Paulina, Patrik and Thomas): 10

Geschikte plek voor een heerlijke week vakantie met kleine kinderen

2 Thank Famvdbos77
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the HD Beach Resort from the 26th of May.
The hotel is really clean and modern, situated right in front of a beautiful beach. Staff were really welcoming and informative on arrival.

Our room was huge!! Really modern and stylish, double wardrobes each, lovely spacious bathroom, large comfy bed. We had amazing sea views from our balcony. The maids did an amazing job with the room every day, it was always spotless when we returned to our room in the evening.

The food was lovely, the cooks obviously tried to vary the food as much as they could. Always had fresh fish and meats which they cooked in front of you. Paella was served most nights. One night they did a doner kebab. The 'house' all inclusive red wine and beer were nice too which was a bonus!

The hotel has a very impressive spa, which has a stunning glass pool, 3 Jacuzzis, sauna and steam room as well as a well equipped gym - this was really useful to us when the weather was bad.

We rented bikes from the hotel most days which were only 3 euros a day - tons cheaper than the companies in town. There's a great cycle path all the way along the sea front of costa teguise which we would recommend to anyone wanting to explore the different beaches, bars and restaurants.

There's a really nice square in the center of costa teguise, with bars and restaurants round it, and most nights there is live music on in the middle of the square which was really nice to listen to whilst having a meal out.

Our only complaint of the hotel was that there was only one bar available in the evening which was inside the kids evening entertainment room - so was very very noisy and busy. It would have been great if there was another bar for people wanting a quiet drink to go to.

The pools are very very cold!!! However if the weather had been hotter this wouldn't have been a problem - we were just very unlucky with the weather!

The staff were lovely and went out of their way to help.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we wished we could have stayed longer!! We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view! well worth it.
4 Thank Catherine_L_P
Cheshire
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This really is a very good hotel - as others have said, the staff are really wonderful - friendly and efficient. The Manager, Manuel, is very hands-on and approachable, and the Chef made a point of going around the restaurant asking what people thought of the meals. The food was very good - lots of very nice fresh fruit and salads. Our room was lovely - spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was huge and well-equipped. We had a junior suite on the front overlooking the beach and sea and the balcony was sheltered from the breeze. Everywhere is kept immaculately clean and the surrounds to the pools are non-slip - a good safety feature. Everywhere is disabled-accessible with ramps. They have disabled-adapted rooms with wider doors which are on the ground floor of the hotel. The lifts are on the small side, and some have doors which need to be pulled or pushed open which might be a problem if you are disabled or have mobility problems and you are staying on a higher floor. Whilst we were there, the majority of the guests were French and British.

On the negative side, we found the entertainment area very dark, noisy and uncomfortable, so we are unable to comment on the entertainment, but it seemed aimed at the families with children which is great. However, for those of us without families, it would have been lovely to have had somewhere quiet to sit with a drink as the noise from the entertainment area spilled out into the foyer and you could not have a quiet conversation unless you went outside, where you were usually surrounded by smokers. If the hotel could provide a quiet, smoke-free room with a bar for those who like to be quiet in the evening, it would be perfect. There is a very small TV room on the ground floor which is very nice and has a lovely view of the sea, but as the TV is on and the furnishings are aimed at TV-viewing, it is not really suitable to have quiet conversations. We mentioned to the Thomas Cook rep that we were disappointed there was nowhere quiet, and she said, rather dismissively, "well, the hotel is not known for being quiet, you know!". Erm, no, we didn't know and it would have been nice to be told before booking. Quite a few reviewers have commented on the lack of a quiet bar and the hotel would do well to address this or they could be missing out!

Overall, a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Sea-view rooms are well worth the extra - the views are wonderful.
5 Thank Sunscreen60
Reviewed June 1, 2014

well where do I start....what a fantastic holiday we had! I went in may it was fantastic the hotel was the best one we had ever stopped in the staff were so friendly and welcoming, we had our room overlooking the seafront which was a bonus the room was very modern bed comfy bathroom was lovely the maids are brilliant very friendly our room was always perfect! we read the reviews on here before we went but we took no notice and decided to make our own opinion of the place honestly don't read what other people have put this is by far the best hotel everything about it was perfect...food,staff,free wifi,our room,spa, entertainment I could carry on all day...I wanna just add too how hardworking the entertainment team am they are brilliant and always try there best...we will definitely be bookin up for next year but for 2 weeks this time as we didn't want to come home haha :) but honestly go here you wont be disappointed you will have a brilliant holiday!!!!!!

12 Thank Abbylouise123