Came back from the Playa Gaviotas on Saturday. Had a great stay. Lovely big room - we booked the suite with two separate bedrooms - the price was very reasonable for such a big space.
The all-inclusive food was lovely and varied. Drinks are great. Hotel is spotless. Staff very friendly. Plenty of sunbeds. Good exercise classes. My little girl loved the kids club - she's been too shy to go to kids clubs at other hotels, but Lorna made her feel very welcome - so much so she asked to go there everyday! The kids club is very close to the pool area too, so you don't feel very far away from your children should they need you.
Plenty of other things for kids to do too - bowling, good evening entertainment and two nice play areas, amongst other things. My girl said she had the best holiday ever! The beach is beautiful - I'd say Jandia has the most beautiful beaches in the whole of the Canaries (well, out of the three Canary Islands I've seen so far, anyway!). Nice quite location. Morro de Jable is a 5 minute dive, or a pleasant 30 minute walk along the beach if you want to venture out of the hotel complex.
The only thing I could fault is the gym - a couple of the things in there are broken...One of the foot straps on the rower has snapped and one of the cross-trainers makes a terrible clanging noise when it goes round. I wouldn't let that ruin my holiday though - minor faults. Apart from that, the hotel is faultless We're considering coming back next Easter, which is unusual for us as we never go to the same place twice!
It is windy, but you've to expect that in Fuerteventura. Great for tanning, anyway! On the way back to the airport we took a car trip inland as we had most of the day to kill. Oasis Park is worth a visit - go early though as the shows finish at 3.30ish. We visited a few of the inland villages, such as Antigua. Driving through the volcanic area is a breathtaking - be sure to drive carefully though as there are a lot of sharp bends a drops!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel is located on the sea front at Jandia, which is 25 kilometres long and is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Fuerteventura, It’s the ideal hotel for couples and families with children because of its complete offering of services and facilities. It features 355 rooms and suites with multiple capacities. The Star Prestige rooms are of special note, allowing guests aged 16 and over to access exclusive services, including a VIP zone with a pool and Jacuzzi, open bar, reading room and direct beach access. With the aim of helping guests make the most of their holiday, the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas hotel offers a wide range of activities and services including a SPA Sensations with incredible treatments for body and mind, free Wi-Fi, all inclusive, two pools, Miniclub, Maxiclub, children’s pool and park, fitness room, daytime and night-time entertainment, a bowling alley, babysitting services ($), tennis court, as well as two restaurants and five bars. A little bit of everything for everyone at the Playa Gaviotas hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Playa Gaviotas
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura