“Nothing to fault”
Review of SBH Jandia Resort

SBH Jandia Resort
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Playa de Jandia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Hotel had everything you could want for a quick break. Clean rooms, three pools, huge selection on the buffet, air conditioning and fantastic views over the long beaches.
It is massive though and there are a lot of steps, if this is a problem, request a lower room.
We got a lot more than we expected for the amount we paid, it is more than fine for a three star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Frankie G

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed a night in the appartment and fortunately it was only one night, floor dirty, furniture broken the beds are as good as a matress filled up with stone, Best was that the bathroom window gave sight to the walking path to the restaurant,, reducing the intimity of a shower to almost 0. This is a pathetic hotel, the location is good but it is all it has

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost the appartment they are terrible
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank BenitoBB
Reviewed February 23, 2013

the hotel is clean enough with housekeepers every day, the view we had from our hotel room was a side view of the beach which was on the top tier of the hotel, i would recommend this as we had a good view of the beach. the food at the hotel was a big let down as we found the selection severely lacking and the food we did have was not that great.

the beach was about 10 minutes walk from the front of the hotel. the beach was excellent, sandy and windy,which is expected on the island. lots of nudist at the town side of the beach. the local area is pretty quiet and mostly german. lots of shops and the usual bars. all in all nice place shame about the food.

Room Tip: i would go for a higher floor with a side view of the beach
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Booked into this hotel after reading trip advisor reviews for Sunrise Jandia Resort, which gave good reviews for our budget, then worried when poor reviews were published before we went. I think the experience you have, depends on which part of the hotel they put you in.

Maxorata is the apartment block in the Sunrise Hotel Resort complex, in which we stayed. There are a couple of other blocks of rooms which make up the whole resort. The rooms in Tamango are newer but smaller, and have air con.

Location- 90mins transfer with drop off and pick ups by coach. There is very little in the town apart from tourist shops. The beach is beautiful. Clean, white sands that go on for miles, surrounded by a wetland reserve. Gorgeous if you want a relaxing beach holiday.

Apartment- Good sized room in need of updating. NO air con which it desperately needs especially in August. A kitchen inc fridge and cooker and ceiling fan. Very clean. Maid service 5 out of 7 days.

Food and drink- The usual mass produced all inclusive choices. Nothing amazing but edible and the kids didn't go hungry. Salads, cooked meats, cheeses, stews, chips and potatoes etc. Drinks were available at the bar and also self service. Help yourself to fizzy drinks, water, beer, hot drinks and ice cream.

Pools- Well maintained and always sun beds available around both pools even in August. Life guard on duty most of day. The pool near the hotel rooms is much quieter than the main pool.

Maintenance, staff etc- Spotlessly clean resort complex, but some areas in need of repair and updating. Bar staff really friendly, reception staff had limited English and couldn't make a decision without speaking to the manager which was frustrating.

Overall experience- We were pleasantly surprised. Ok the room was too hot but we coped. The kids ate their body weight in ice cream and we were able to relax and felt safe and happy. I would recommend it for a cheap family beach holiday, but would recommend you book a room rather than an apartment.

Room Tip: Book into a room rather than an apartment to get air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bubble4
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just returned from a weeks relaxing holiday, and we left our grandchildren with their parents there, as they booked an extra week.

Before giving the pro's and cons, I feel that not enough emphasis has been given to the amount of steps that can be encountered at this site.
Other reviewers have mentioned how they got a change of room, when requested for various reasons.
So as a person with slight mobility problems I only have myself to blame, but steps have never really caused me any problems in the past, but the 123 steps from the beachfront up to the pool area I found to much on my third attempt, and I may have now done serious injury to my hips.
The later days of the holiday I found that I needed taxi's to go back to the resort to avoid the Steps, at 3 Euros a time which was reasonable.

From our room to the restaurant/pool area there were 58 steps. There is a lift at the one end of the complex, but this increased the trip by 50% each time and you had to go both up and down a series of steps, about 30.

When we arrived lunch had all but finished, but reception arranged for us to use the restaurant.
I also noticed the restaurant was opened for a group of travellers at 11pm when they arrived.

The food was better than I had expected, the pool area's were as good as it gets. The animation team worked hard, the staff were cheerful and helpful, never had to wait long to be served at the bars. The Pool bar also had Wine, Beer and soft juice self service fountains.

There are 2 reasons that I down graded my view to average. Firstly the air conditioning in the complex is virtually non existant, especially in the restaurant. The fans in the rooms were a help.

Now my big grouse and a warning to all. We had put in an early call the night before our departure, but it never materiaised, other families complained about this and one lady said that the same had happened to her and others the year before.

For those with early departures, the reception make it available fo the restaurant to open early so that you can have an early breakfast. Nice touch

Room Tip: Higher the number generally the less steps to endure, but not always. Our number was 3314 and our ex...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DARTINGEDDIE
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a combination of 3 Hotels, maybe a 2* being generous.

* Don't be misleaded by travel agencies ratings offering this resort as a 3 or 4 star hotel.
* Rooms/apartments with 70's furniture, old and falling apart
* No A/C
* No free Wi-Fi - chargable @ £25 per week
* TV reception only in German or Spanish
* When you go back to your room you literally enter a sauna room
* Depending where your room is, to go to the beach or to the restaurant be prepared to few ramps of stairs.
* the restaurant is old style, very crouded and if you're sitting close to the hot buffets it gets very hot as the A/C in only on the other side of the restaurant, by the windows.
* Food is average and mass produced, some days is very poor, primary school dinners taste much better.
* If you really know what good food is you'll avoid this place, if you're just stuffing yourself then it's the place for you if you go all inclusive.
* Drinks at the bar are of a very poor quality, forget asking for cocktails all you get in alchool with a fruit juice, very bland.
* Smoking is allowed everywhere apart from the main restaurant
* 9 out of 10 tourists are German
* 2 swimming pools of a decent size and well maintained

Would not recommend this place
the only good thing is the staff, always nice and polite, they do make the difference.

Apart from this, the closest shops, restaurants and bars a 5 min walk, nothing to comment as it is the usual tourist rip off kind of place.

Jandia Beach, be prepared for lots of wind, constant and sometimes irritating, high waves can spoil your day if you're not a surfer, otherwise it can be really dangerous to swim in those waves.

Overall, Fuerteventura is not a place to go again for us, didn't like it.

Room Tip: When booking ask for one of the new rooms DO NOT TAKE THE APARTMENTS!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank giulio c
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I bet my title has got a few of you captivated ( especially the nudity part) Well if you like to see 60+ year olds bits and pieces then this is the place to be!
The sun was indeed shining on my weeks stay that me and my family have just returned from today 22nd July 2012. Which is the only good thing I can say about this hotel and the surrounding area.
We arrived late at night so wasn't sup prised that the hotel was quiet but was a little concerned that the receptionist knew very VERY little English..... No biggy I first thought. The next morning we decided to adventure to see what the hotel & island had to offer. I will say one good thing for the hotel, the food for AI is excellent propper English beans at breakfast has to be a plus. The
pool was quiet but clean so seemed good so far....... Then we went to the beach that goes on and on beautiful white sand and crystal blue sea, GREAT I hear you say oh noooo unless you
like your kids to see many a white bottom and masses of mens nether regions!! Now I'm no prude but everything in it's place ( no pun intended) I for one don't agree for dirty old men &women letting everything hang in front of kids stick to your own bloody beaches!!!!!!!

Back to the hotel now this was clean( no air conditioning) and the food good but COME ON some entertainment would be nice I mean even a talking parrot would have done. But noooooo nothing zilch we have never wanted to come home from a holiday due to boredom before ever. Give me a crappy hotel but at least a few English speaking folk to talk to. This hotel do not cater for the English not in any way shape or form nor does the ickle sprinkling of restaurants nearby. Our fellow europeans were nice enough in that we felt safe and there was no trouble but this was deffo not for us!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#9 of 16 in Morro del Jable
Occidental Jandia Mar
Occidental Jandia Mar
#18 of 73 in Pajara

Been to SBH Jandia Resort? Share your experiences!