since the location is lovely, nice view and easy access to the long, sandy beach.The value for money is top : huge buffet-breakfast with tropical fresh fruits and juices, cooking-show, delicious pancakes : the whole lot really and even some little plus like cool Cava ( Spanish Champagne )! Diner offers a nice choice of salads, carved meats ( yes, true!) on demand and some fish dishes. The reception staff is efficient and very helpful, so is the African one of the restaurant. The first standard room I got had an terrible view on a messy parking lot but as soon as I mentioned my desapointment to the Dutch chief of reception, he offered me an apartment with a large terrace and a sea view in exchange. The pool is heated and quite pleasant.Still I'm not too sure all these valuable pros would make up for the very cons.
First this hotel is some kind of a German colony! 99% of the clients are German and some of them, not of the nicest type,rather the "heavy" and lloud...really loud...one. But most of all, at the opposite of the other Jandia locations, there is no security of any kind at night.. The entrance is wide open and it's not the night receptionists, often a young lady, who often stay at the back, who would prevent "unwanted" visitors to get in. Therefore what happened to me and according to "The Guadia Civil" happened before, would not come as a surprise. On the fifht night, while I was asleep in the room, some burglar broke in through the even locked balcony sliding door and took away all I left on the living-room table, phones, Ipad even my beach bag and all that was inside! Since my appartment was on the third floor and was the only one to be broken in, there is little doubt informations about my being alone and having some interesting stuff had been forwarded to whomever...apart of the shock and the fact I was left without any contact for the rest of the holidays, it's more the resentment I felt towards the hotel for not having looked after my security that gave me the worst feeling. So NEVER AGAIN! Better go to the lovely typical fisherman's village of Morro Jable, its sheltered white sandy cove, cosy pensions and wonderful restaurant La Farola del Mar...away from the busy promenade,facing the sea and enjoying the cheerfulness of Italian Denis as well as the best "Zarzuela" ever...at least a real good memory of all this dreadful holiday if any...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A resort offering rooms and apartments. Situated right at the long white beach of Jandia, just separated by the natural protected area of the "Salar de Jandia" and close to the little harbour town of Morro Jable. Discover the beaches of Fuerteventura, the sea and the natural environment staying in Sunrise Jandia Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your SBH Jandia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Jandia Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Sunrise Jandia Resort
- Hotel Sunrise Jandia
- SBH Jandia Resort Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura