We stayed at the Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace for 10 days in October 2012.
I have read many reviews on tripadvisor before we arrived at this resort and I sometimes wonder if people are writing about the same resort. Having stayed at 3 Iberostar resorts in Mexico, there is no comparison. The Mexican Iberostar resorts have outstanding service and high standards of accommodation and facilities compared to this resort. I would classify this resort as a solid 3 star based on having stayed at other Iberostar resorts.
This hotel is in need of a major renovation; it seems to be stuck in the 70’s. We booked a suite, as these rooms seem to be updated, spacious and had very nice ocean views. What annoyed us the most was the all-inclusive package. We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts and this was the first resort where there were many additional charges. The Internet fee, safe fee, extra charges for certain drinks, only house wine included even extra charges for nicer ice cream and a charge for lounge chairs on the beach. There are two areas to eat; the main buffet, breakfast, lunch and dinner and the outdoor patio restaurant only open for lunch. At the outdoor patio restaurant again there were only a few basic meal choices that were included in the all-inclusive and everything else on the menu you were charged for.
On a positive note, the food at the buffet was good and the items in the buffet changed daily. The breakfast crepes were my favorite. The wine served with meals were not very good, to get a decent bottle of wine was an additional charge. Many reviewers commented that they had difficulty finding staff who spoke English but we found the waiters, bartenders and front desk all spoke English.
Fuerteventura has wonderful beaches and this would be the main reason for visiting this island. We would also recommend visiting Corralejo area where the dunes are and the village of Betancuria, the drive through the mountains was quite spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NOTE: The hotel will be closed from 1 November 2017 to May 2018. We will be improving the facilities so that you can enjoy your holiday at IBEROSTAR even more! We apologise for any inconvenience. The IBEROSTAR Fuerteventura Palace hotel is an excellent choice to spend a few days packed with culinary delights, rest, relaxation, and sports on the island of Fuerteventura. Its location next to the immense beach of Jandia - which is 25 kilometres long - is undoubtedly privileged and is an invitation to tour all of the points of interest and most famous beaches in Fuerteventura. The Fuerteventura Palace hotel offers comfortable, refurbished rooms and suites as well as a restaurant with show cooking, three bars, SPA Sensations with a thermal circuit and body treatments, a solarium with sea views, entertainment for , free premium Wi-Fi, four pools, all inclusive, fitness room, meeting rooms, golf courses nearby and many more services and facilities and Star Prestige services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Playa De Jandia
- Iberostar Hotel Palace Fuerteventura
- Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace Playa De Jandia