Arrived at the Sensimar Calypso after a taxi transfer from the airport. Wonderful location overlooking the pool and the beach. Lovely attentive staff. Entertainment not so good. Went to the entertainment lounge only once due to smoking area being right next door and the theatre bar and the whole place is impregnated with cigarette smoke. The management need to sort that out. Breakfast very good however running out of steam with the buffet dinner after 10 days of the fortnight. It seems to me that there is never a proper “dish” of food, always mix and match the same things. Perhaps I am being unfair, it must be difficult to cater for everybody but for the money it should be better. Overall, the hotel was very good and is recommended.
A note for thomson's: on our return at Furteventura airport due to Thomson having nine flights returning to the UK within a very short time of each other resulted in standing in line at the check for over one hour twenty minutes which spoilt our holiday totally and we will think twice about Thomson. Surely they can organise the schedule better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Morro Jable. 12-Storey building. Terrace-style building perched on a hillside. Situated on Playa de Jandia Beach (several steps lead to the beach). 300 M from Morro Jable. 1 Km from various shops. 90 Km from the airport. 200 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sensimar Calypso Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Calypso Hotel Playa De Jandia
- Riu Calypso Playa De Jandia
- Sensimar Calypso Resort & Spa Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura