All reviewssmall hotelpremium roommorro jableboutique hotelcovered terracebalcony overlooking the searestaurant and bar staffthe location is perfectcomfortable sunbedsworld cupevery guestbars and restaurantssoupsjandia beachlittle extrasfrom manchesterwifi is free
Reviewed December 21, 2013

First ot all let me say that I agree with most of the reviews (3, 4 + 5 *).
So why only 3 and half stars?
First the GOOD (that's the 4+5* reviews) - Location is fantastic, views from the room balconies and the hotel terrace are unbeatable. The food is excellent - fresh ingredients. Changing selections of meat and fish every day We were there 3 weeks and never disappointed. The staff is friendly and helpful. With one exception - the often mentioned woman in reception. She really could put one off for the day! Sadly the management has done nothing (eg retraining in how to handle guest requests/complaints) choosing instead to ignore the complaints of guests.

Now for the BAD - the noise from the kitchen. It really is very disturbing. We had room 22, directly above the delivery/kitchen area. Containers being rolled over tile floors are VERY NOISY, as are cases being dropped on the floor, and shouting.
We too had asked at booking (May) for a room on the 2nd floor away from the kitchen. In an email in Sept I restated this wish. Very disappointing that we could not be accomodated. What made it worse was the assertion of the receptionist that noise was NOT a problem in Room 22.
I can onlyassume that no staff member has ever slept in this or neighbouring rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms to avoid 18 to 26 (we met the folks in room. 17 , they were not disturbed by noise). And the rooms above - the soundproofing is so poor that the clash and clang will carry to the rooms above : rooms 46 to 54. Possibly rooms 18 and 46 are far enough away from the kitchen/delivery areas not to be disturbed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GJFree
Hotel X, Director General at XQ El Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We always endeavor to fulfil the wishes and expectations of our guests and if this has not been the case, we have to apologize for the experience. Our team always tries to offer each guest the best service, and we try to keep improving, that’s the reason which has lead us to take actions in what concerns about our reception staff, that has been mention in previous opinios. We have been glad to read your review and learn from your experience, as is the only way to achieve excellence. It will be a pleasure and an honor to welcome you again in the future, so you could see the improvements we made day by day.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our fourth visit to a hotel and location we first discovered in 2005, when the hotel was operated by Riu. The hotel's small size means that it is great for a peaceful, relaxing holiday. The facilities, staff, food and room cleanliness remain generally very good and we have always enjoyed the sea view from the rooms.

A disappointment this time was that our room was located on the first level of rooms, above the kitchen and restaurant, and so we were disturbed by ongoing noise below our room from around 645am. I recommend that the hotel installs soundproofing to prevent other guests experiencing such disturbance. After our first night, we requested a change of room at reception, explaining why. We did not feel that the gentleman on duty showed sufficient concern about our dissatisfaction. He was unable to offer an immediate solution and it was left as a "we'll see what we can do" situation. Reception did not contact us again about this and next morning I spoke to the lady on duty, who said that as we had not contacted them again, they had assumed that we were happy. I was not impressed by this. I said that we would still like to move, but I was informed that there were no rooms available on the second floor and that the only available other rooms on our level were one next door to ours (which would have had the same noise problem) and one at the far end of the hotel, which had a much less attractive view than the room we had been given. The receptionist was very honest about that and when I was given the opportunity to see the room I found that she was right. So we decided to stay where we were. What made this more annoying was that when I had booked the holiday, I had specifically requested a room on the upper floor. I told the receptionist this and she informed me that my tour operator, Sovereign, had not passed on my request. She showed me their paperwork, which confirmed it. I will be taking this up with Sovereign.

I have two other recommendations:

1. The hotel should upgrade its internet services. The wifi is free (just for one week, but that probably suits most guests) but you have to go through the login process every time you wish to access the service: annoying. For those without mobile devices, the hotel has just one, rather old-looking PC (quaintly entitled 'Internet Corner') in the lounge of the bar and access is pay-as-you-go via the insertion of coins. This is very antiquated, not to mention mean-spirited and unattractive. In a hotel which aspires to 4-star standard, wifi and internet access should be like hot running water: always free and always available!

2. The hotel should enforce its rule, stated on the sign by the pool, which forbids the reserving of sunbeds. Towels, bags and other items were regularly placed on the beds from as early as 7am every morning to indicate that they 'belonged' to somebody already. There was no evidence (e.g. the removal of such items) that hotel staff had any intention of doing anything about this childish and irritating practice.

Overall, the standard of the hotel remains very good, although my partner and I cannot escape the feeling that it has lost just a little of the personal touch that was so apparent to us when we first visited the hotel eight years ago. All hotels are of course businesses, but if the guests in a 4-star establishment are made to feel this, then the hotel is not performing as it should.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Guy B
Hotel X, Director General at XQ El Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for review about your stay at XQ El Palacete. We will take in consideration your feedback to improve our services. Our goal is to offer a great experience to every guest and we feel sorry, we did not achieve our objective during your stay. We are looking forward to greet you again in the near future so you can see improvements: XQ El Palacete.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is one of the few hotels we would recommend. It's a lovely hotel in a beautiful location, minutes from the beach and from the fishing village of Morro Jable. The food is excellent and the hotel spotlessly clean.
What made this holiday special for us was the staff. The first impression of any hotel is so important and we were fortunate enough to be greeted by Vera. She was friendly, efficient and took time to explain the usual routines at a hotel. The hotel was full during our stay and all the staff worked hard, particularly in the restaurant. Despite being busy they remained calm and were always friendly. We would definitely return to charge our batteries!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue W
Hotel X, Director General at XQ El Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Sue,

Thank you very much for your wonderfull words, it means a lot for us to be part of your recomendations to saty in Fuerteventura. We always try to offer to all our guest the highest standards, and that is what our staff tries to achieve every day. It is wonderfull to see that our team made of your stay a incredible time. It will be a great honor to have you back as guest, enjoying of a relaxing and energy charging stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We go away around 3 times a year to mainly 5* hotels (one of the few benefits of age) but booked Palacete because I liked the look of it and the reviews. To say we were not disappointed is an understatement. Perfect location, a lovely little hotel with friendly, efficient staff. This is the first review I have ever written but felt compelled to do so. We also don't really return to the same hotel, but I think this will be another exception for the Palacete.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank SuperNann
Hotel X, Director General at XQ El Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing your stay in our hotel to make your first review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed of a wondeful time during your vacations and that we have been able to surpass the expectations you put on us. Thank you for pointing out the great work of our staff, your words will be a great reward to them. It would be a pleasure to have you back again as guest, and we will try to offer you an even better experience in your next visit.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The website of this hotel promises an exclusive and very beautiful place. Once we arrived here we were quite disappointed as it seems much more than it is in reality.
We arrived at 17 hrs and were told that it is not possible to eat something until dinner time. We found it lousy that the bar did not offer salads, toasts and little snacks.
Dinner is buffet only, you can not even choose à la carte, and room service is not available! Is this a good hotel? No, for sure not!
Our room was nice, the bathroom as well. No bath tub, just a shower there...
However, downstairs was the restaurant and we had all the noise from the people having their dinner there.
The pool area is quite nice, but never as beautiful as on their website. The beach and colour of the ocean is also much nicer on the pictures than in reality.
Breakfast is nice, 4* standard.
A big disappointment was the rude and not very polite german lady at the front desk. We originally booked in for 1 night only, but evaluated to stay one night more to discover nearby beaches and sights. I checked on booking.com if there were rooms available, and there were. At 10.30hrs I asked the receptionist if we could keep our room for one more night. She looked at me in quite an unfriendly way (well, sorry for offending you asking if we could stay for one more night...prrrr) and told me "no, you have to leave your room by 11 and move to another room because this morning at 8 I have already promised your room to another couple". Mmmmh, I really felt to be treated like an idiot. The receptionist seemed to kick us out of our rooms by 11, but at the same time promised our room to someone else at 8 in the morning...
We did not feel any desire to stay here longer, the hotel and its service disappointed us, as well as the very built up and not beautiful area around. We would not come back here, as we felt disappointed in every way. It is not really bad here, but looking at their website one really expects much more in every way...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelmaniaccc
Hotel X, Director General at XQ El Palacete, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all we want to say sorry about the troubles you had during your stay at XQ El Palacete, we are working hard to solve the main problem you had concerning the personal at the front desk. We always try to offer to all our guest the highest standards, and that is what we show through our website .The last thing we want to say you is that we hope that you give us another chance to change your opinion, and see that we learn from our guest feedback.