The website of this hotel promises an exclusive and very beautiful place. Once we arrived here we were quite disappointed as it seems much more than it is in reality.
We arrived at 17 hrs and were told that it is not possible to eat something until dinner time. We found it lousy that the bar did not offer salads, toasts and little snacks.
Dinner is buffet only, you can not even choose à la carte, and room service is not available! Is this a good hotel? No, for sure not!
Our room was nice, the bathroom as well. No bath tub, just a shower there...
However, downstairs was the restaurant and we had all the noise from the people having their dinner there.
The pool area is quite nice, but never as beautiful as on their website. The beach and colour of the ocean is also much nicer on the pictures than in reality.
Breakfast is nice, 4* standard.
A big disappointment was the rude and not very polite german lady at the front desk. We originally booked in for 1 night only, but evaluated to stay one night more to discover nearby beaches and sights. I checked on booking.com if there were rooms available, and there were. At 10.30hrs I asked the receptionist if we could keep our room for one more night. She looked at me in quite an unfriendly way (well, sorry for offending you asking if we could stay for one more night...prrrr) and told me "no, you have to leave your room by 11 and move to another room because this morning at 8 I have already promised your room to another couple". Mmmmh, I really felt to be treated like an idiot. The receptionist seemed to kick us out of our rooms by 11, but at the same time promised our room to someone else at 8 in the morning...
We did not feel any desire to stay here longer, the hotel and its service disappointed us, as well as the very built up and not beautiful area around. We would not come back here, as we felt disappointed in every way. It is not really bad here, but looking at their website one really expects much more in every way...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Morro Jable. 2-storey building. Located on the beachfront in Jandia beach (several steps lead to the beach). 300 m from Morro Jable. 1 km from a shopping centre. 90 km from the airport. 200 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelPower, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your XQ El Palacete reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xq El Palacete Hotel Playa De Jandia
- XQ El Palacete Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura