My husband and I (29 and 37) Just came back from a one week vacation from this hotel and we definitely enjoyed ourselves We picked this hotel because we had stayed one week in summer in another Iberostar hotel in Greece, that was a five star one but this one was very good too.
Food was amazing with so many variations and very good quality, staff were friendly and helpful, there were a lot of entertainment programs both for children and grown ups and location was on a very good part of the island (down in the south).
Just consider some points, you should pay for some stuff like using safe deposit box in the room, internet in the lobby and using indoor swimming pool (which is part of the spa). The beach is amazing but in order to access it you should pass another Iberostar hotel (there are three of them!!) and it takes like 10 minutes to get there. It was very windy and a bit chilly when we were there so swimming in the sea and sun bathing are not really options if you are not a fan of cold weather. But there is a pool with warmer temperature in the hotel that is pleasant.
Distance to the airport is around 80 km and you should drive for 2 hours to get to Corralejo which has the whitest sand beach. But nearby beaches are as fantastic as Corralejo. We rented a car (57 euro per day) and drove all over the island in 2 days.
There are so many shops nearby the hotel from local ones to the most famous brands and you can spend couple of hours in them.
Most of the guests were German as apparently this is how the island is divided; British people in the north and German people in the south. There were other nationalities too, but the second language of the island and in some places even the first one was German!
Overall it was
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park is a cosy hotel where you can have the holiday of your dreams next to the beach at Jandia, a spectacular expanse of sand that’s 25 kilometres long. It’s a very cosy hotel for couples and families with children. There won’t be a dull moment during your holiday. Its complete leisure and entertainment activities guarantee wonderful moments for young children to meet other kids: laughing in the Miniclub, playing in the children’s park, taking a dip in one of the five pools and playing sports. Meanwhile, the older members of the family can make the most of their holiday and relax in the SPA Sensations, go for a bicycle ride, reduce stress with some yoga classes, play tennis or practice some water sports, among other activities. Everyone has a wide variety of rooms and suites with excellent installations and with comfortable services, as well as a buffet restaurant with show cooking, themed dinners and three bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Park Hotel Playa De Jandia
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura