One of the best hotels I have stayed at without a doubt. Not a lot to add to all the other well deserved great reviews. Spacious, light room with mini kitchenette (not that it was needed as the food was fantastic and so much choice), well maintained grounds with plenty of sunbeds, two pools (the one nearest the pool bar was heated, the other one wasn't and was a bit chilly to say the least) and helpful, friendly staff, everything you need for a perfect holiday.
A tip if you have a massage at the Spa, it was pretty powerful and I had sore shoulders and neck for a couple of days, so if you are not used to massages, ask for a gentle one!
Sadly the local buses are no longer running and it is a bit of a trek down into the main town, and harbour and back, even if it is a beautiful walk along the beach, or promenade, and gives you the opportunity to feed the chipmunks and paraquets along the way, maybe the hotel could provide a courtesy bus service, or even make a small charge for the service, a couple of times a day, I'm sure plenty of people would use it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connect with the spirit of the oldest of the Canary Islands! At the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park hotel in Jandia, in the south of Fuerteventura, you can enjoy a spiritual experience in an authentic encounter with nature. Beautiful suites with sea views designed for families with children who seek to blend in with the landscape of this incredible nature reserve. Breathe in the essence of the island from your window. Look forward to rooms and suites from which you can enjoy views of the pool or the Atlantic Ocean. From some, you can even choose the spot on the beach where you plan to put down your towel. Sixty seconds. It really only takes one minute to get to the beach from the hotel. Dive into the crystal clear sea with the whole family and discover its abundant sea life together. Search for your inner self. You’re on an incredibly spiritual island. An unparalleled setting for looking after your body and soul with a yoga session in the fitness room or a lomi lomi nui massage in the spa. Experience the magic of this wonderful island without even leaving the hotel. Activities especially for children. The youngest members of the family can truly enjoy themselves in the games pool, with a complete activity programme and an array of crafts to keep them entertained. They could even go home with their own medal! Discover the amazing cuisine. Have you ever tried young goat or Fuerteventura goat meat? At the hotel restaurant, you can try authentic, locally inspired dishes together with the best Spanish and international dishes. There’s also a specially designed children’s menu for youngsters to enjoy. Leave your coat at home. It’s a lovely day today. And tomorrow. And the day after. Fuerteventura boasts an average temperature of 21º, so the greeting “good morning” is always fitting here. You’ll only pick up your suitcase to put your warm clothes back in. Looking forward to seeing you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Park Hotel Playa De Jandia
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura