We (2 adults & 2 children aged 11 & 8) enjoyed an excellent week at the Iberostar Gaviotas Park & would love to return sometime. All the staff were polite, efficient & helpful, & even managed to track down a children's sun suit which had inadvertantly been sent to the laundry with swimming towels!
The food was wonderful, though there was pretty much the same things on offer each day. However there was so much choice that there was no need to eat the same food all the time, & they never ran out of anything. This was the first time we'd been all-inclusive & would certainly pay the extra to go AI again. We thoroughly enjoyed a themed a la carte meal at the neighbouring Hotel Playa Gaviotas one evening, & also found out on our last night that there is the option to eat at the poolside restaurant in the evenings, where there was a barbecue (this may be seasonal??). Plenty of pizza/ pasta/ child- friendly food too.
Yes, there were hundreds of Germans, & they do get their towels out early, so we adopted the "if you can't beat them, join them!" policy, & no-one seemed to remove unattended towels as it states in the hotel's info.
The Mini & Maxi clubs were excellent, & the staff work really hard. We've been to several hotels in the past offering kids' clubs, but this was undoubtedly the best, with lots of different activities. Evening entertainment for children was good too, with Mini-discos nearly every night, & a parrot show. Mama Mia show much enjoyed by us girls!
We had a lovely suite on the top floor with a small kitchenette (microwave, hob & fridge), but no saucepan or crockery was provided (we borrowed cups from the restaurant for early morning coffee with no problem). The room was comfortable & quiet, & very adequately accomodated the 4 of us.
The only disappointment was that children under 16 are not allowed to use the spa (indoor pool), & this was not stated in our brochure. I did use the spa pools once & was surprised at how cold the water was. However the outdoor pools were excellent (with life guard) & as the weather was excellent, it wasn't a huge problem for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Connect with the spirit of the oldest of the Canary Islands! At the IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park hotel in Jandia, in the south of Fuerteventura, you can enjoy a spiritual experience in an authentic encounter with nature. Beautiful suites with sea views designed for families with children who seek to blend in with the landscape of this incredible nature reserve. Breathe in the essence of the island from your window. Look forward to rooms and suites from which you can enjoy views of the pool or the Atlantic Ocean. From some, you can even choose the spot on the beach where you plan to put down your towel. Sixty seconds. It really only takes one minute to get to the beach from the hotel. Dive into the crystal clear sea with the whole family and discover its abundant sea life together. Search for your inner self. You’re on an incredibly spiritual island. An unparalleled setting for looking after your body and soul with a yoga session in the fitness room or a lomi lomi nui massage in the spa. Experience the magic of this wonderful island without even leaving the hotel. Activities especially for children. The youngest members of the family can truly enjoy themselves in the games pool, with a complete activity programme and an array of crafts to keep them entertained. They could even go home with their own medal! Discover the amazing cuisine. Have you ever tried young goat or Fuerteventura goat meat? At the hotel restaurant, you can try authentic, locally inspired dishes together with the best Spanish and international dishes. There’s also a specially designed children’s menu for youngsters to enjoy. Leave your coat at home. It’s a lovely day today. And tomorrow. And the day after. Fuerteventura boasts an average temperature of 21º, so the greeting “good morning” is always fitting here. You’ll only pick up your suitcase to put your warm clothes back in. Looking forward to seeing you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Park Hotel Playa De Jandia
- IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas Park Playa De Jandia, Fuerteventura