My husband and stayed for 10 nights at the beginning of September. We stayed at several all inclusive hotels on Greek Islands in last few years but have been disappointed on last few occasions. I appreciate that 5 star accommodation in Greece is not the same as UK but I think there are some issues that need to be addressed.
There are a number of positives. The hotel is modern and is clean. The pool area is pleasant and spacious. There were plenty of loungers and parasols. We had a room with a land view but were pleasantly surprised that we could see the sea. The shower worked well and there was always hot water. The food for an all inclusive hotel was fine.
The all inclusive drinks were not very good. At times the wine tasted like it had been watered down but perhaps it was just the quality. The beds in the room were uncomfortable. I like a firm mattress but they were lumpy and the mattress protectors did not fit properly and bunched up overnight which made things worse. There was a lack of service in restaurant and bar areas. While all inclusive means self service in restaurants we have been to other hotels where you are seated and your drinks brought to your table and there is more interaction with waiting/bar staff. Staff were pleasant and polite but there was a total canteen feel where you just ate your meal and left. We ended up eating elsewhere half the time and most days walked into Kardamena to use the beach there. For us, this was enough to make us decide all inclusive won't be for us again.
There is a lovely taverna down the road, towards Kardamena town, called Liotrivi, which has great views, lovely food, which is reasonably priced and good service. There is also a bar nearby called Casa Rossa which do fab cocktails. The Fat Olive is near the beach and they do a nice Greek salad with caper leaves. There is also friendly service at Crossroads bar in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mikri Poli Kos is located on Kos island…amphitheatrically built on a rocky slope running down to the beach.This family friendly resort presents 175 guestrooms in two-level buildings, elegant, fresh and comfortable.Enjoy magnificent views from your balcony or simply open your door and dive into the pool! Warm blue waters, intoxicating sea views, relaxed and stylish interiors, delightful dining, exciting family activities… a special place with a special kind of hospitality that welcomes each guest and creates everlasting memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mikri Poli Kos Hotel Kardamena
- Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena
- Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena