We had a lovely time at this hotel The food was good, plentiful and always fresh. The hotel grounds were lovely and cared for and the staff are a credit to the hotel. Katerina and Popi on reception were always very helpful and polite, Elli and Katerina in the restaurants were also very nice, always giving our baby lots of attention, to the point where he would spend the whole meal looking for them.
There are a few things, which could easily be rectified that would really give this hotel the finishing touch.
1. The beds are so hard. Mr Vassilopoulos, I urge you to sleep 1 night (let alone 10) on these beds. It would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor and I'm not exagerrating.
2. The soft drinks are not nice. The greek brand used by the hotel are overly sweet. We had several friends staying in Kos in Kardemena (in 4 star hotels) where actual sprite, pepsi, fanta etc were included in the all inclusive, and the drinks were free as long as the bar was open (1am).
3. A few of the kids activities (air hockey in reception), table tennis (in the outdoor fitness studio) were broken / out of use - and it's a shame, as these should have been available for use.
4. I understand the premise of paying a deposit for the beach towels, but I don;t understand the additional 5 euro per towel charge (I assume this is to do with the cleaning costs?). I would suggest that as standard the cost of the towels should be incorporated into the cost of the room and transparent to the guest. If this was a 3 star, I would understand the policy... but not in a 5 star.
To end of a positive note, the animation team were great. We weren't sure about the shows at first, but having given them a chance, they were actually quite funny, in a childish, silly way - but they kept our kids amused and as long as they were happy, we were happy. we loved how the shows ended with the Opa Opa song and dance, which we have been trying to remember, but can't. so please can you post this on a youtube so we can remember our holiday dance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mikri Poli Kos is located on Kos island…amphitheatrically built on a rocky slope running down to the beach.This family friendly resort presents 175 guestrooms in two-level buildings, elegant, fresh and comfortable.Enjoy magnificent views from your balcony or simply open your door and dive into the pool! Warm blue waters, intoxicating sea views, relaxed and stylish interiors, delightful dining, exciting family activities… a special place with a special kind of hospitality that welcomes each guest and creates everlasting memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mikri Poli Kos Hotel Kardamena
- Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena
- Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena