We stayed here for a week from the 6th of June and absolutely loved it! I'd emailed the hotel a week before we went to request a low level room as I have a dodgy knee and was dreading all of the steps I'd seen mentioned in other reviews; we were allocated a room on the second row back from the front, this was perfect. The room was modern, bright and spotlessly clean; it had twin beds in the bedroom with a small flat screen TV and a further 2 beds in the living area, a small fridge and a kettle. The main pool was fantastic with a narrow shallow section in front of the rooms and a larger, deeper area nearer the pool bar. Elli behind the pool bar was a total joy; she was extremely polite and always had a smile on her face. The restaurant was large and modern and had a really good choice of food on offer; my partner is a fussy eater but he always found something. There were a couple of themed nights whilst we were there, Mexican and Greek and I think one night was Italian. I found that the food was always hot and the trays were replenished regularly. There was always something on the go on the grill at the bottom, usually meat and fish; sometimes you had to wait a while for it to be ready and at one point there was a queue of people waiting for the fish and the chef transferred the cooked fish onto the tray for everyone to help themselves and the woman at the front of the queue proceeded to take every last piece!! We found the restaurant staff to be very polite and helpful, especially Giannis; he was a total sweetheart. We went over to the Carda Beach for a massage one morning and used the gym and indoor pool, it was lovely and well worth the 39 Euro. My partner went parasailing from the little kiosk on the beach and said that it was brilliant and it was only 40 Euro. On our last day we weren't due to leave the hotel until after 11pm and asked if we could keep the room on; we paid 25 Euro to keep the room on until 6pm, it was totally worth it. We had a great holiday and I would go there again. The only low point of the holiday was the airport; it's so tiny we had to queue up outside and they let us in a few at a time to check in as there isn't room for everyone in there at one time. You have to queue to check in and get your boarding pass and then queue again to have your suitcase scanned; I found this a bit strange and very frustrating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mikri Poli Kos is located on Kos island…amphitheatrically built on a rocky slope running down to the beach.This family friendly resort presents 175 guestrooms in two-level buildings, elegant, fresh and comfortable.Enjoy magnificent views from your balcony or simply open your door and dive into the pool! Warm blue waters, intoxicating sea views, relaxed and stylish interiors, delightful dining, exciting family activities… a special place with a special kind of hospitality that welcomes each guest and creates everlasting memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mikri Poli Kos Hotel Kardamena
- Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena
- Atlantica Mikri Poli Kos Kardamena