Lakitira Resort & Village
  • Pool
Olympia Mare(Kardamena)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmark warner holidaybreeze barmountain bikeskids clubbarefoot bartennis courtsrya levelwaterfront teamgreat holidayactivity holidaymain restauranthalf boardchildcare teamfamily poolwater sportsexercise classesflight path
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Ok so this is year 3 of our trips to Lakitira with mark warner. So how was it. Well it was hot hot hot. It was unseasonably hot so the cycling was changed to early morning to avoid some of the heat. However as parents of 3 small children this didnt allow us to cycle together but a quick word to Jono and he arranged for some of the easier cycles to happen at 9.30 to allow my wife and I to cycle together. Every year I bring my running shoes and every year they go back without having done more than take me to a circuit class or a quick cycle to malibu bar to listen to the 80s music and look at the sea. It's very hard to fault the resort or the staff or the food. It's well staffed and being spread out it doesn't really feel too busy. However as we are coming from Scotland we do come at the end of June so we miss the Peak season by about a week. It definitely felt much busier when we flew home yesterday. My boys are 10, 7 and 3 and there's loads for them to do and the childcare is excellent. My oldest son can now sign himself out of club if he doesn't fancy an activity which was mainly show prep he skipped. The waterfront staff and childcare staff were excellent and Katy and Jade did a grand job with my older boys.
The equipment was all good and the food was great although I must stop eating so many puddings. We go the same time each year and the kids have built up friendships with other kids who have been going the same time each year so it's a very easy holiday for us.
Have I got a complaint ...quite simply no. We were in the village part of the resort again and the rooms had been done up since last year so they were excellent and quiet.
Could Mark Warner do anything to improve things no but how about a scottish flight.? I'm sure it would be very popular judging by the amount of Scots there flying from Heathrow and Manchester
I windsurfed with Simon and because it's quiet when we go I had 1 2 1 lessons for 3 days!!!
My only tip would be don't try to eat at 7.30 on a Saturday night when it's changeover day as that's when the welcome drinks have just finished and the restaurant gets really busy. Go down to breeze bar till 8.30 have a drink and watch the sunset the have dinner at an outside table when it's quiet.
We did chat to a lot of guests about their experiences of other Mark Warner resorts as we've done them before but not with children. We were thinking next year we might try somewhere else . However the thing that became clear was that lots of people have tried other resorts then came back to Lakitira. It's not that the others aren't good it's just Laktira seems to be the best if you've kids and hits all the right spots. So next year we will be going back for our fourth trip...says it all doesn't it. Big thanks to Jono and the troops. See you next year!!!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms in the village
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Lakitira-Hotels, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Lakitira Resort & Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Douglas,

Thank you for your positive feedback and, above all, thank you for your loyalty.

We are very pleased to read that your recent stay with us was a pleasant experience and that your family enoyed all the activities. We are glad as well to read that you are satisfied with the renovation of allthe Village rooms

We were delighted to have you with us again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Mark Warner is the favorite holiday for my children and will be returning again this year. Once they meet up in the activity groups they make many friends and spend most of the holiday together in various activities which included eating together. So be prepared to see less of your children on one of there activity holidays.

The focus is activities and child care so if this is not a priority then I would expect the holiday to be less of a good match and value.

The holiday includes breakfast and dinner and wine with the meal. The food is average and good enough but in my view not the attraction to select this type of holiday. The accommodation again is good enough but not outstanding.

The activities are outstanding, sailing , tennis, bike rides, and fitness classes are all freely available including competitions. Therefore you are able to participate in many of these activities a day.
As I cannot stand sun bathing being able to be involved with these activities makes this a very enjoyable holiday.

I find a week for me is ideal and would not be tempted to stay two week.

Room Tip: As I spent little time in the room the selection was not a high priority
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Ian,

It is always a pleasure to see Guests returning to our Resort. Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at Lakitira Resort. We really appreciate your positive feelings and great comments.

We will be looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was our first Mark Warner holiday and it won't be our last. We travelled with my parents and our teenage children (13 & 16), from Manchester. Only negative point was the flights with Jet2, noisy airplanes both ways and no organisation at Kos Airport. However from arrival in Kos to our departure this was one of the best holidays we have ever had. Something for everyone.

Transfer from airport and check in was quick and efficient, staff friendly and welcoming. Accommodation was spacious and clean - we had a mini apartment in the village area (double and twin room), parents had room in hotel. All close to amenities with sea views (worth paying the extra for). We booked half board - breakfast was the same every morning, good quality and lots of choice, dinner however was varied with plenty of fresh salad, vegetables and vegetarian options. Food replenished regularly so it didn't matter if you chose to dine late. However it is the activities which made this holiday for us. My husband rediscovered his youth and spent most of his time with the sailing team and his new sailing pals on the water. Kids learnt to sail and windsurf. Equipment is good quality and staff were enthusiastic, attentive and well qualified. Special mention to Big Sam who went out with hubby on the double windsurf and generally indulged hubby's exuberance for all things water based . Whole family played tennis daily and facilities were great, kids and nanna scuba dived for the first time after a taster session in the pool, followed by full instruction, scuba team were brilliant, especially with nanna who has only just learnt to swim and has a bad back. We mountain biked with Matty who, even on his 21st birthday, was enthusiastic and patient with those of us who had to walk up the hills and take regular breaks. I rediscovered my love of exercising to music and spent a lot of time in the aerobics area (outdoors, shaded, sea view - fabulous!) Claire, the aerobics instructor was/is brilliant, her classes are fun, easy to follow and varied, however it is her welcoming manner, infectious enthusiasm and teaching ability (as someone who has no coordination) which made me want to keep on returning for her classes - also meant I could keep on eating the delicious desserts!

Although we were told the resort was fully booked, it never seemed overly busy, children's pool was always full but not overcrowded and the adults pool was very relaxing. We went just before the school holidays so kids were mostly pre school age, therefore evenings were quiet and relaxing. Hotel shows not so great, we watched 'We will rock you' for 10 minutes, its all we could take.

All staff, both Mark Warner and hotel staff were courteous and friendly and always ready to help. My only criticism would be the slowness of the drinks service in the restaurant - our advice would be to order your drinks at the bar and take them into the restaurant, that way you will be able to have your drink with your meal. That said, this was a brilliant holiday from start to finish, even the chaos of Kos Airport was smoothly dealt with by Justine from Mark Warner. It was our first inclusive holiday as well as our first Mark Warner holiday, we had high expectations as this was not a cheap holiday - those expectations were met and exceeded. We will be back.

Room Tip: Don't have room 501 (village room) if you want any privacy - balcony is right next to restaurant. Sea views worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicola B
Lakitira-Hotels, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Lakitira Resort & Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are represented by all our team members.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Lakitira Resort and Village in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Booked our holiday at the Lakitira Resort with Mark Warner Holidays. All very well organised. BA charter flights, good travelling times, speedy transfer to the hotel...only 15 minutes from the airport. Check in was quick considering there were probably around 100 people arriving, and our cases were delivered to our rooms within 15 minutes. Excellent service.
Our room was very modern, spacious and clean. Plenty of wardrobe space and the bathroom was fine. Room was on ground floor, terrace outside looking onto tennis courts ( not in use) and the sea.
The resort was well laid out, lovely gardens. Enjoyed the adults only pool, good size and never more than 10 people around it when we were there. Was disappointed that it didn't open until 9am as would have liked an early morning swim. But enjoyed the daily aquarobics. Also took part in some of the other fitness activities provided, yoga, stretching classes and spine clinic. It was too hot for the aerobics!
There were 3 restaurants to chose from. Buffet, Italian buffet and Greek Taverna. The last 2 needed advance booking but weren't busy at all. Food in all was great. The main buffet was varied each evening with different themes.
The hotel is situated 4 km from Kardamena, you can cycle from the hotel or there is a bus.
The beach is fairly sandy but you have yo be careful going into the sea, there are large rocks in some places making it very painful on the feet! Go further along the beach and it's easier. Sun beds and umbrellas on the beach are free.
Had a lovely relaxing holiday, resort didn't seem full so may be a little less relaxing in the height of the season.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lin743

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about Lakitira Resort and Village. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Regarding the swimming pools, although these are closed and not supervised prior to 9 a.m., we would have been happy to provide a solution should we knew you wished to have an early swim.

We wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have previously explored countries, on land, by sea - sailing bareboat and canoeing ensuring I avoid holiday complexes at all costs! However, the children were on a school trip in the south of France so decided to try this Mark Warner hotel with my partner. It was just amazing. Beautiful weather, the ability to do as much or as little as one would like and a chance to try tennis after many many years. I have to say, I felt Freddie was the best tennis coach ever. His patience, tolerance and ability to teach so much to such a novice was remarkable in such a young guy. More importantly, it was the best fun ever with much laughter alongside the learning!! The food was great, the room was clean and a decent size, with a balcony overlooking the sea. The Greek Taverna is a lovely touch, preferring to eat breakfast there each morning after tennis as opposed to the main dining room. An adult pool alongside a free for all pool is a great idea, catering to the fact that not everyone has or brings their children, yet could still enjoy what the hotel has to offer. We met many delightful people both those on holiday and members of staff, such as the girls who welcome you to the restaurant and the animation team. We will definitely come back again with the children - although recognise there might be a different feel in school holidays!.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clare H
Lakitira-Hotels, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Lakitira Resort & Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at Lakitira Resort and VIlage. We are very pleased to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and rewarding experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again.