1. Worth investing in a "rashie" vest for your kids and taking an old hat as they have to wear a top and hat in the sea and pool when in the clubs.
2. You must book the Trattoria via reception and usually 2/3 days in advance.
3. Go to the beach meeting on your first day if you want to do the first available Intro courses and make the most of the sailing and windsurfing.
4. Book any courses I.e. RYA or PADI and tennis before you go. We did get places on everything we wanted but pre boomers and new arrivals get priority in week two!
5. Wine, beer and water are very reasonable but cans of soft drinks are 2.20 euros, kids are able to bill to the rooms too and sign for stuff so it soon adds up!
6. Take your own beach towels, they are 7 euros each per week to hire.
7. The bus to Kardemena is 1.80 euros each way, stop is right outside and takes about 10 minutes. They are quite irregular in the afternoon.
8. You can organise a private BBQ for yourselves or with friends on the beach for 20 euros per head.
9. You can get lunchtime snacks from the pool bar, hot dog 3.50 and cheese and ham toastie 2.50 if you don't want to buy lunch in the breeze bar( which ranges from 3.50 to 7.0 euros depending what you choose)
10. We had strong winds in August which made sunbathing really comfortable and was apparently great for sailing and windsurfing.
11. The flies bite but don't leave marks! Didn't see a single mosquito and none of us were bitten.
12. Social tennis is available from 5pm Sunday to Thursday just turn up and put your racket in a relevant pile from 1) don't play to 8) club player
Overall we had an amazing time, stayed in the main hotel in adjoining rooms with a sea view. My boys are 13 and 11, and we hardly saw them for two weeks! The Mark Warner staff are fantastic and we met lots of families who return year in year out. The buffet is a bit like Russian roulette and it's worth booking the Trattoria a couple of times for a change. The omelettes are great but beware I put on half a stone! Our flights were with Air Berlin, no real problems but we did loose a day of our holiday. I did nt try the mountain biking or running as I was worried I wouldn't keep up, there are a lot of very fit and earthy holiday makers here! The animation staff were fun and offered the better exercise classes ( water gym and yoga) the MW fitness instructor was uninspiring and monotonous. I would highly recommend this holiday to anyone with active kids.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lakitira Resort & Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakitira Beach Resort Mark Warner Hotel Kardamena
- Lakitira Hotel Mark Warner
- Lakitira Hotel Kardamena
- Lakitira Resort & Village Kos/Kardamena