“Loved it here.”

Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Myself and three other friends stayed here for a week and fell in love with the Nissia Kameres and Kardemena. The hotel is gorgeous! The staff and friendly and the rooms very comfortable. The swimming area was clean, calm and spacious. We were 4 young girls so we went out to the bars each night but we didn't feel out of it being in this family hotel. We were only a few minutes walk to the bars and we able to stay at the hotel and talk on the balcony until 12, we were cautious about keeping noise down but we were asked to be quiet once. I would recommend doing the BBQ night but be aware that they do not call people up for food in the order that you arrive at the bar - they serve groups with children first. We were one of the first there and very hungry so were disappointed to have to wait over 30 mins to get our food. I understand why they do this if there are families with small children, but groups with teenage children only a few years younger than us also received preferential treatment, which seemed a bit wrong. I would suggest couples/ groups without children to turn up from 8.30 and not from 8 as advertised, but definitely make the effort as the food is really good.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank GabriellaK14

Reviewed August 9, 2013

From the moment I walked into Nissia Kamares, I knew it would be a hard place to leave and I was right. I originally chose the property because of its proximity to the airport as I was arriving on Kos at 6.30 am. My only regret was booking for only 3 nights. I wanted to extend my stay, but couldn't due to the fully booked status the property enjoys. This property has been a family run business for more than twenty years. One would think that perhaps after that length of time complacency may set in, but alas, it has not. The family, Kostas and his beautiful mom, Helene, are keen and anxious to make every moment of your stay pleasant and memorable. They are sincere and genuine and fine ambassadors for Greek hospitality. Their support staff are well trained, efficient and friendly. If you love quiet and serene gardens with beautifully kept and scented gardens abound, a comfy cozy private villa and a glorious pool, than make this your vacation choice. Kardemena is a lovely town with a nice beach, quaint cafes and FRIENDLY people. Bus service to Kos Town is readily available. I will surely return for a much longer stay. I can't wait to have that, "not a care in the world feeling" that Nissia Kamares is able to create and pass on to all of their guests. My stay was a true delight and a highlight of my summer travels. A very sincere and heartfelt thank you to all the staff at Nissia Kamares and a big tummy rub for adorable Tricky...the cutest King Charles Cavalier Spaniel that is lucky to call this place his home.

Room Tip: All villas are lovely. You can choose between a ground floor or a second floor villa.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Destinyspeaks
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely week away at the Nissia Kamares. Nothing is too much trouble for them and it has a lovely family run quality about the place. Costas ( & tricky) are only to willing to help, Natalia & Danny on the bar are lovely - always there for a chat or full of recommendations/advice.
The hotel is set in a great place with only a very short walk from everything (beach/restaurants/gym/supermarket/bars). The pool is great and always plenty of sunbeds avaliable at all times of the day. I would definitly recommend the BBQ which is held on Tuesday evenings, great food and company.
I would also recommend getting the aircon, it was so nice to come back to after a day in the sun.
Lastly you have to try a Kinky Secret cocktail - yum!!!!
I will definitly be returning, if only I could have stayed longer!

Love Rachel & James (The Big Man)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miniskirts
Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are looking for a comfortable quiet and clean hotel with modest price, close to the sea side and also with a swimming pool, at a walking distance to the nightlife of Kardamena it is the right place to accomodate. Air conditioner, a small kitchen unit with a refrigerator , cooker , kettle, clean kitchenware are included to the rooms and I think it makes the hotel ideal for families with kids. No television which was good for me.

Stayed: August 2013
Nissia_Kamares, Owner at Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. We wish to inform you that since 2015 we have installed televisions in all rooms. We hope this will still be good for you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards

Kostas Sourmelis

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 weeks,the hotel was lovely. The staff are friendly, the hotel itself is nice to look at, they have plants and trees dotted around the place which gives a comfortable feel. The only problem was mosquitoes but we discovered that everyone in Kardamena had the same problem but that didn't ruin the holiday. The hotel is not far from the town but is at a good distance where you can't hear noises from the street. Would recommend anyone to come here, had such a nice time.

1  Thank Fionnuala T
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Beautiful clean well maintained apartments they are the way you imagine unspoilt Greece to be. Lovely garden no problem with sun bedsThe staff are friendly and helpful. You could not pick better self catering appartments well stocked with equipment up to date fridge welcome pack with water and tea and coffee. Even though kardamena is known as for the young you are not aware of their presence if you are on a family holiday. As the youngsters come out when you are in bed. And it is not a massive resort but big enough to wander around in the evenings. Best and cheapest family run restaurant is Tonys cuisines corner. 6euros for Greek dish and drink . Restaurant is just before Louis supermarket . Opposite Greek church . Day Trip to turkey 22 euro adult 12 euro children includes bus to kos town. 45min boat trip great day out very good bargains take euros or pounds.

Room Tip: Ground floor courtyard
2  Thank Leona T
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Close to Kardamena beach and nice restaurants in sea-side. Very comfortable courtyards and facilities for families.Only bad thing about room is that there a lot of mosquitos :(
I highly recommend to families visiting Kos, Do not also forget to rent a car, because taxi fares are expensive.

3  Thank panar66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
3 mi away
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Alice Springs Hotel
Alice Springs Hotel
#1 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!