“Beautiful Apartments!”

Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2012

When we were travelling to Kos, I admit I had my doubts on how nice the apartments would actually be considering how cheap we got them. But on arriving at the apartments I was stunned; the hotel is beautiful, very scenic and classic greek, and the staff are extremely friendly. Our apartment was the perfect size and so pretty; I was impressed within the first five minutes of arrival. The supermarkets, beach, bar street and clubs are all about of 3-5 minute walk from the apartments, but I aways managed to get a peaceful nights sleep and didn't experience any noise at nighttime. Staff are on hand at all times to help out, and are so helpful and friendly that it creates a brilliant atmosphere. There was only one downside to the apartment and that was the cooking facilities; the hob on the cooker took about at least an hour to heat up efficiently, so if you are planning on doing a lot of cooking then that is a grey area. However, there are so many delicious and affordable restaurants that it is not a big concern. I am so relieved we chos Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments; I've had one of the best holidays in my life and they are a main factor towards that.

Room Tip: Ours was on the ground floor which is a lot more convenient
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caitlin F
Nissia_Kamares, Owner at Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Caitlin,

Thank you for your kind comments. We greatly appreciate your opinion and thoughts regarding our complex. My only remark regarding the “downside” as you mentioned is that most of our cooking rings operate with an anticlockwise switch. This indeed may be confusing and I assume that during your cooking you accidently set the operation in the lowest heating position (instead of the highest). In some occasions I have informed guests regarding this but unfortunately you did not question this during your stay. It will be a pleasure to accommodate you again in the future and once again thank you for your excellent review.

Kostas Sourmelis

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is the perfect place to stay in kardamena. The location is amazing- 5 minutes walk from supermarket, bar street, beach, status club. But there is no noise at all!! Its authentic look makes it so idyllic with perfect size rooms. The dog tricky is so cute- the big question is though " why is it so small?". This hotel made our holiday and we would strongly recommend anyone to come here!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for a week in June, would like to say by far one of my favourite holidays! Hopefully will be going back again next year !
Kostos and other members of staff cannot do enough for there guests !
5-10min walk to the main bars and clubs!
Lovely atmosphere and beautiful surroundings !
Tricky the owners dog is one of the main attractions!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jade_Guerrati
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very friendly staff, even in the middle of the night with a young family. We are staying there again on our way back home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara S
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed at the Nissia Kamares for a week june 7th-15th. Everyhing was just as good as everyone said and we were so glad we picked this place to stay after reading so many good reviews. Staff were lovely, anything you need to know at all just ask.
Studio room spacious and kept clean. We felt very relaxed and welcomed during our stay.Courtyard is beautiful. Very traditional greek styled appartments.Only one fault for me was no greek music during any of our stay was played and this is something i like on holiday. A bbq was being held after we left. I wish one was held on our week but it may have been a bit too quiet then. I would recommend here to anyone.We got bus to Kos town for a day and also did the Nysiros Island trip and volcano trip. Kardamena is beautiful, mixed local people,young and old all in the same strip.Fab and will return.

Room Tip: Room 257 balcony very private with lots of plants and trees giving privacy. sunny all day long. A bi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

No - Seriously - DO. There is no need for you to look any further, no need to carry on looking on google or trip advisor - book the Nissia now.

Me along with me girlfriend, a friend and another couple stayed here from 10th-17th June, infact I have just got back today and needed to write this review.

Reasons to stay (in no particular order)

1. The Staff. Kostas, Nat and Sortos will make your stay, wheather its Nat serving you with a bacon butty to soak up the beer or Sortos laughing and joking with you into the early hours (if you want) you will be so happy with every member of staff! (including Tricky the dog)

2. The rooms - well , having been to Kos twice before the rooms are basic but the Nissia goes that extra mile with spacious clean rooms that when you have the air con (for a small fee) are a pleasure to sleep and wake up in.

3. Location - if you want to go out onto bar street (The Bands bar is recommended) and get a few (large) vodka's down your neck or if you want to have a lovely meal and sip cocktails by the sea then the Nissia is perfect. Just a 5 Min walk to all the best restaurants, shops, nightclubs - and the best bit? you cant hear a thing at night in your room.

4. The Pool - Clean, Big.

5. Sun-loungers - no more rushing down at 6.3am to beat other tourists to lay your towel across the bed, no - get up any time and sure to find a spare.

We had an excellent stay and we will be returning I am sure.

The week we picked seemed perfect as there were not too many 18-30's knocking about but plenty of mixed groups and ages.

I really don't know what else to say about this place but that a ix of all the above made Kardamena 2012 very very memorable.

Thanks

Jonny Smith & Kathryn Taylor

(ill let my friends write their own reviews)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JonnyandKat
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is one of the best greek hotels I have ever stayed. The rooms are very spacious and are spotlessly cleaned every day (or maybe every other day sometimes).
The setting is very good, very unique, relaxing and picturesque.
The hotel is set on the edge of the resort so is very quiet, that said, 3 minutes wlak will have you at the beginning of bar street and all the noise and huslte you may want. Alternatively, walk in a different direction, and you will avoid most of the "scene" and be in a more trafitional area with loads of quality restaurants.
Lots of walks that within 3 minutes take you into the heart of the countryside.
I was a bit worried on the 3rd day, when about a dozen teenage brits turned up for a 7 night stay. My fears were unfounded, I don't know what Costas, the owner said to them, but they were very well behaved and made no noise throughout their stay.
Whatever I wanted, Costas or one of his staff were only too glad to help.
The pool area has lots of sunbeds, and during my 2 week stay, I did not have to go hunting for a spare bed, even though there will always be some selfish so and so who will book two beds with their towels and go out all day on a trip.
All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mobman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
#4 of 39 in Kardamena
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel

Been to Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!