“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is at the top of the complex therefore quite a steep walk from the beach, although there is a beach buggy which runs every half an hour for those who find it difficulf. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are cleaned daily and the whole complex is very clean. The floors are slippy especially when your feet are wet, however there are some warning signs to inform you. The food was lovely, freshly cooked infront of you, but as most AI it does become repetative by the end of the week. The only down side for me was there is no entertainment in the hotel itself, there are activities to do on the beach in the daytime, and a small theatre for the evening which only lasts an hour. Overall an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a swim-up pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

A mixed bag! The hotel & staff are pleasant but the food and most importantly the safety are not good! We area party of 4, 2 adults & 2 kids (5 & 3), saftey issues which have been reported & not fixed or seen to are the gate that leads to the pool from the room - a major hazard with 2 little ones-we cannot relax in our own room. Other concerns are the curtain rail that is not secure & can fall at anytime the shower curtain rail that falls.on us everytime we shower or bathe. We asked for a ground floor room & were given this but we still have to climb over 20 steps in order to reach our room 893. Rooms are good size with good partition for privacy & quiet space, basic but clean. Good bath & powerful shower!
The hotel pools are great, cold at the moment but sure they will heat up soon. The beach is lovely (shingle beach so remember to bring suitable footwear or get sore feet), especially when you can get a free ride back up the steep incline to reception.
Lastly the food...never experienced an allinclusive like this now I know why they can have a bad name. We have been here for 3 full days now & we are already sick of the same food- pizza, fries, liver, salad, pasta. Struggling to find things for the kids & ourselves to eat. Ice cream & drinks are good. Bring extra euros too as each towel requires a 20€ deposit & its 30€ for the safety deposit box! I would not recommend this hotel due to the repetative food, safety concerns, steep inclines not suitable for many.

Room Tip: Our room has sharing pool but in shade in afternoon, ask for one with sun in afternoon.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Nay1281
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I've been away loads of times and although I enjoyed myself I've never wrote a review, however after this holiday I really wanted to let everyone know what an excellent place the Mitsis complex in Kos really is... I went with my mam for her birthday and took my 5yr old daughter, we stayed at the Family Village but unfortunately the reception/restaurant was not ready to be opened therefore we were given black all inclusive bands which meant we could use any of the other 2 hotels for food/drink/amenities... When our hotel did open it was outstanding, the food was delicious, cooked in front of you so all fresh. The beach is a shingle beach and has a snack bar which is also included with the AI which is really handy so you don't have to worry about money. The staff at all the hotels were amazing, I've never been to Greece before but I will, without a doubt, be going back and going back to the Mitsis Complex in Kos, Greece. In the Summer Palace were we spent most of our time is the entertainment team, Mark & Verone, and although they were limited to what the could do due to a technical hitch with the speakers Mark always had a huge smile on his face and give us all a laugh.. We also learnt Mark a few entertaining games which I'm sure he will carry on with the other guests haha... The barman at the Family Village was called Juliano, ask him to make you a surprise cocktail and he'll make many that arn't on the menu, a lovely guy. Then there was Giorgos who worked in the Summer Palace, he ran the downstairs bar on his own and worked hard but again always smiling and making sure we had a cocktail in our hand, a really nice guy he is.. So if your looking for a nice relaxing holiday with lovely people who will bend over backwards for you then this is the place to go... Thanks to everyone at the Mitsis Family Village & Summer Palace for making our holiday an unforgettable one :))

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BreeD83
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the mitsis family village with 45 friends and family and I am sooooo happy we chose this place!! I cannot fault this hotel at all from the rooms to the staff,pools , cleanliness, food....etc it was all perfect! The views from everywhere in the hotel are stunning (especially the swim up rooms) and there are 2 different pools to choose from, one is more for people with children that has slides although there's is still a bar there for the adults! The food is the best I've ever had at an all inclusive and the restaurant faces the sea so you have an amazing view whilst you eat, also the service in the restaurant was excellent! The hotel has its own section of beach at the bottom of the hill and has a bar that sells frozen cocktails which is included in your all inclusive, and there's lots of water sports to choose from! The all inclusive drinks finish at 12 pm but there is a bar and club 5 mins walk away from reception that is open til 5am and they have karioke, pool tables etc...We were there every night! And my favourite staff member has got to be the little man that stays around reception area at night he was sooo nice he could not do enough to help us when we came back late from the club with water and ordering us kebabs!!
Would defiantly recommend to all ages, and we would defiantly return! Thank you Antonios (hotel manager) for making my wedding holiday one I will never forget!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms have the most amazing views to wake up to
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Natalie M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Well where do I start? We booked this as a last minute holiday and it was supposed to be a 4 star. I have never stayed in a 2 star but I believe we did with the mitsis family village in kardamena. The room was large but bare there was nothing in it, just the bed a sofa bed and a portable tv (not even flat screen). This one was like the one I had in my bedroom 20 years ago. The kitchen area was old fashioned and the bathroom was awful. The window in the bathroom which was right next to the bath was plain glass so anyone walking past got an eyeful!! The bathroom ceiling was covered in midges, they seemed to be getting in via the huge gap along the top of the front door as it didn't even fit properly. The hotel staff are lovely and they sent in a cleaning lady with some fly spray so after chocking on the fumes it did kill them but of course their friends just came back through the gap in the front door and we were back to square one. The main dining area looks nice and has nice views but we only stayed in this hotel for 2 days (due to it being awful) and on both days the food for lunch and dinner was exactly the same pizza, burgers or spaghetti bolognaise. Don't get me wrong I am no health freak especially on holiday but it was all fat fat fat and all the same same same. The evening bar only ever has 1 barman serving and again I cannot fault the staff they can only work with what they have. He was always very happy and nice but there is no where to sit unless you want to choke on the cigarettes outside or have a choice of about 5 small tables and chairs. My husband is a smoker but it was so smokey it was even making him feel sick. There is no entertainment day or night you are just in an awful hotel with nothing to do. We got moved by the reception staff to the mitsis norida beach hotel which was amazing. Clean fresh and bright with a variety of food, it has its own bit of beach and pedalow's, daytime and evening entertainment and games plus this is also showing as a 4 star but the two hotels could not be further apart for quality. Don't waste your money coming here I was so disappointed. There were a lot of other couples saying the same when we were there on the week of 17th May 2014 and they booked with a main travel agent so paid through the nose so apparently will be asking for their money back. We wont be as we didn't pay too much for this being a late deal and only actually stayed here for 2 days our move to the mitsis norida beach was complimentary also, so as I say the staff were very accommodating it was just the hotel that was terrible.

Room Tip: Tips to choose a good room??? Choose another hotel!!
4 Thank Maria H
Westbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have recently come back from a weeks all inclusive holiday at Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel. This was a holiday with me and my partner and have to say that we had a fantastic, relaxing time.

Even though there was no entertainment, we made friends with other couples and chatted, laughed drinking wine or cocktails on the veranda looking over the ocean. Who needs entertainment when you have gorgeous views.

We knew that going all inclusive, meals could come repetitive, but the choices and standard of food was lovely, and always served with a smile and a sense of humour.

Our room had a fantastic view of the ocean and with a welcoming surprise of steps leading to a small swim up pool with fabulous views.

Our room was cleaned every day with fresh linen and towels.

All the staff are helpful and work really hard, especially in the restaurant and bar.

We will definitely be visiting again next year with my partners daughter and boyfriend.

3 Thank Jow1971
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Recently went on holiday to the Familiy Beach Hotel... Firstly it is in a lovely huge complex.
Stayed here in late May .. weather was perfect... not too hot! roughly 25 degrees.

Upon arriving we got there at 9:30pm we missed dinner and although not very hungry the lovely lady at the reception as we checked in she told us we had half an hour to settle into our room and then would recieve room service for free as we had missed dinner!
We had also been told we had been upgraded. (our room was lovely)
It was very quiet .. I don't know if we just had quiet neighbors but the rooms seemed well sound proofed!
The rooms were very clean and cleaned every day and fresh towels every day.

The food was lovely but quite samey but what the hell.. they are catering for so many people.. there were fresh eggs cooked, pancakes and etc at breakfast and always fresh fruit. Lunch and dinner there was a selection of meats like burgers etc, chips, LOVELY pizzas.. handmade in front of you and put in a pizza oven!!!, sausages etc etc!

The staff were all soooo lovely and Juliano at the main bar was lovely and spoke perfect english.. his cocktails were yyyuuuummmyy!!!! He made sure no one queue jumped too!

There were snacks up at the bar in between meals like cakes, coffee and savory snacks.

The beach bar was lovely however the beach a lil pebbly but we used the peddlo for 15 mins for free and saw the clear water!!! needless to say with renting our quad bike we went to ''Paradise beach'' near Kefalos (SO easy to navigate around the island we went from one end to the other.. its all sign posted and straight forward)
the beach was beautiful sand and had a beach bar (which was pretty cheap) which sold sandwiches,hot dogs, burgers, milkshakes, cocktails etc etc. you had to pay for the sun beds but they were super comfy and well worth it!! We also rented a jet ski for 15 mins which was 35 euros.. it was plently long enough and the guy had just brought brand new jet skis and they were SOOOOOOO powerful.. I couldn't stop laughing I had so much fun!

We wanted to explore the island so we rented a buggy from Peters bike rental we didnt get on with it so instead rented a quad... and he let us have it for an extra day!!!! If you want to rent a bike definately go to peters (He is in the town of Kardamena) he is supurb and gave us helmets to wear too!! it was only 8 Euros to fill the tank up and we only had to do that once in 3 days! They even come and fill it up for you as you pull up at the petrol station!

definately go for a 150 cc bike not a 50cc as we saw some on those and they looked like they struggled up hills.. plus the hotel complex is on a hill and this came in super handy getting up and down.. we parked it right outside our room!!
If you don't want this option there is a bus that runs into Kardamena from the hotel (ask reception they have all the times and give you all the info) it is 1 Euro 80 per person so really reasonable. There is also a buggy that goes from the reception to the beach every half an hour complementary of the hotel! They guy driving it was funny and loved a sing along!

There is also a Coach to KOS town .. not sure how much it is though as we just used our quad to get there!!

We ate out a few times and there are some lovely places in Kardamena town..
PEGALOS - along the sea front.. the guys are hilarious and so great.. the main dude (not sure of his name) caters for anything and has traditional greek food, italian, mexican, all sorts and its reasonable and delicious! What more could you want - looking out eating your dinner as the sun sets by the sea?!
If you visit him get a Meze starter.. we had Meze for two: pitta bread, hummas, chick pea frittas, and oh my gosh it was delicious we went back for a second night!
CAPTAINS- right down the end on the same strip of restuarants, lovely english waiters and waitresses plus they do a lovely cooked breakfast!
None of them were pushy to come into their resturants which was so nice!

We also drank in bar 1960 and the Garden bar these were lovely and the Garden bar had such a lovely atmosphere.. they also sold crepes and waffles etc - YUM!

Kos town was nice with lovely home made ice cream (I had kinder bueno and cookies and cream) but they did red bull, nutella, oreo - ALL SORTS!

Can't complain about the holiday I am sad to be back and am already looking for next year!

Thank you to all the staff!

Room Tip: Choose a room that has a swim up pool!
5 Thank ProudBritish1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Summer Palace
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
Grand Blue Beach Hotel
#2 of 39 in Kardamena
Kipriotis Village Resort

Been to Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!