My husband and I stayed at the Mitsis Family Village Hotel for two weeks from 19th September. We had chosen fully inclusive as my husband is disabled to we wanted it to be a complete break. I try to give an honest opinion so that you can make you own mind up, so here it is, Booked the holiday with Monarch Holidays who are owned by Cosmos, very helpful in advance of the holiday booking wheelchair etc. Travelled with Small Planet Airlines apart from the very long wait to check in (no fast lane for wheelchairs), the plane and staff were great. The Mitsis Hotels are all together, they take up most of the hillside outside Kardamenia. The FV is at the top so is there are quite a few steep hills to manage, which are not easy going unless you are super fit. The reception is very basis but clean and all the staff are extremely helpful and friendly all the time. The bar area was actually just a basic counter where one member of staff served the whole hotel. The alcoholic drinks were a choice of about four and very poor brands, they were also watered down as was all the fruit juices. There was no air conditioning in the bar area was it was boiling hot which made the area full of flies, food containers on the counter were cracked so the flies were able to walk all over the food. the wrought iron table and chairs outside were exremely uncomfortable and there were not enough for holidaymakers so a lot of people ended up going to their room. Some of the tables didn't have glass so they couldn't be used, and some of the chairs had no cushions, whilst this doesn't seem important note that these were the only places to sit after your meal apart from reception which was busy due to people logging on the wifi.
Turning to the "restaurant", this is not a restaurant in any stretch of the imagination, it is a canteen, even the evening was the same, just bare tables like school hall. Again no fly control so you spent most of the time trying to keep them off your food.
Food was regularly cooked throughout all sessions, however it became very repetitive after the first week and lacked imagination. So much so, that we ate out a couple of nights which annoyed me as we had paid for fully inclusive. For example, there was only one toasting machine for the whole hotel, which hadn't been cleaned ever and broke down every day, lots of little instances like this which you do not expect or should have to put up with on your holiday.
Our room was really big and opened up to one of the private pools which was lovely, but I understand other rooms were very basic greek rooms with concrete beds and lumpy mattresses.
I went over to see what the other hotels were like and they are WOW exactly what we expected for our holiday, just walking into their receptions was amazing.
Most evenings there was an awful sewerage smell which seemed to becoming from their jewel in the crown, the Blue Domes Hotel..
No entertainment at all, the night club is down a steep hill from the FV and you have to buy your drinks when you get in there, this is also the place showing all the sports fixtures.
We are bitterly disappointed with our two weeks holiday, the Family Village hotel is not in any way a 4 star hotel, we would only give it 2 star in its current state, it is the poor relation of the group and needs some serious money spending on it to make it a 4 star hotel.
Completely not fair to us, as we specifically booked a four star hotel as a treat and didn't get this, totally misled.
I agree with some of the other reviews that I could go on and on, but sadly we will not be going back to any of the Mitsis group hotels as we feel very let down. We saved very hard for this holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cozy and friendly atmosphere, along with a superb view, is the main feature of the four-star all-inclusive FAMILY VILLAGE BEACH HOTEL. The hotel offers 219 rooms including 21 suites, 24 maisonettes and 54 family rooms with a Mediterranean style décor and an impressive view to the Aegean Sea and the colorful gardens. The seawater swimming pools and the water slides, the clean pebbled beach, which is ideal for children, a tennis court, beach volley, beach soccer and numerous sports and other activities guarantee carefree and enjoyable holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mitsis Family Village Beach
- Family Village Kos
- Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel Kos/Kardamena