Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunny View Hotel(Kardamena)
1,019 results
All reviewsbeach hoppercrepesother hotelsmain poolswim up roompizzasteep hillsummer palacebar staffsalt waterice creamblue domesshared poolnorida beachkos townfantastic holidaywater slide pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel as I am 5 months pregnant, and our 5 year old daughter was being looked after in the UK so we could escape and have a quiet couples holiday before our baby was born. It was everything we could have hoped for!

The rooms were lovely, the staff went out of their way to help and always with a smile on their faces, the main pool was a perfect size with plenty of sun loungers and shade no matter the time of day (we didn't go to the water slides pool), there was a wide range of food with great fresh fruit and vegetables, the beach is a 7 minute walk away or there is a regular shuttle, the massages and spa at the neighbouring Blue Domes hotel were exceptional too, including the pregnancy massages I had!

The only "cons" that some people might have a problem with are the following:

* Occasionally you could smell the sewers but it's far from being a big problem.
* The beach is down some steep steps, it takes about 7 minutes to walk there and about 10 minutes to walk back up. It can't be that bad though as I managed it easily at 5 months pregnant in the blazing heat. However there is a hotel shuttle if you don't want to walk it. It is not a sandy beach, but has small stones, the water is very clear.
* The food might not suit everyone, the breakfast was so-so for us, but lunch and dinner included loads of salad options, with the fresh fruit and veg being amazing quality. There was a lot of variety though and yummy baklava desserts and crepes too :-) The bread was good too.
* If you're looking to mix with lots of Brits you should bear in mind this hotel was quite international the week we were there, with very few Brits, very few Germans, quite a few Italians and quite a few Eastern Europeans (Czechs, Polish and Russians). Everyone was polite and courteous though and I LOVED not having to fight for sun loungers at 6am. No matter what time we arrived at the pool we found a good selection of sun loungers and shade - heaven!
* If you're looking to party, go somewhere else. It is a 1 hour walk to Kardamena, the closest place to go out, or a 10€ taxi trip. However if you're looking for a quiet couples or families holiday it's fantastic!

None of the above were really negatives for us and I cannot insist enough how much we loved this place, the cleanliness, the excellent, friendly and helpful staff and the beautiful views, architecture and greenery.

We would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a couples or family holiday.

4  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We have just returned from our holiday at the Mitsis Family Village which was magical. The holiday was wonderful.
The staff were always very friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. They were always there ready to help with a big smile.
Our rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean with breathtaking views of sunrise and sunset.
The staff at the bar always had something funny to say and the drinks they mixed were delicious.
The Receptionists had information about everything around the island including car and motorbike rentals, archeological sites, places of interest to visit and excursions that were worth buying.
We visited the disco club on site which was great, although not part of the all inclusive deal. Prices were very good, though and we would recommend the club to anyone who wants a fun night after the hotel bar has closed.
Finally the food was so delicious and plentiful that we have all put on weight! It was worth it.
All in all a great family holiday which we will definitely repeat and will of course recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Stuart H
Reviewed July 5, 2012

loverly fresh food, excellent customer service, (very powerful shower!!) The local town is awesome, nice bars lots of cocktails!! Also went to ramira Hotel in Kos (all part of the Inclusiveness) and that was slightly posher but still great service and food

3  Thank kafetzj
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Firstly the views from our room where nothing short of stunning. Beautiful panoramic views across the Aegean to Pserimos/Kalymnos. The 2 walks up cardiac hill to our room were not so stunning though!! This resort is not designed for older less mobile people as it’s literally at the top of a very steep hill hence the great views. The sister hotels (Blue Dome/Narida Beach) are far superior and have flat easy access. As other have stated the Mitszis it’s the poor cousin of the other 2 sister hotels Narida/Blue dome? If you can afford the extra £200 then do it! The hotels are far superior to the Mitszis family beach.

Our room was of a good size and plenty big enough for 3 people, although I slept on a put up bed for a week so be warned! Book a family (superior room) if you can they have 4 decent sized beds on two levels with a private pool. We tried to upgrade our room but got fobbed off every day stating they were fully booked. Why we couldn’t shift rooms when another family departed was beyond me? I got the feeling they couldn’t be bothered! So I stopped asking?
If you’re thinking of bringing your IPad or laptop to use the free wireless connection don’t bother! The ADSL connection is not commercial bandwidth so you often get kicked off or cannot connect! Buy some playing cards and save yourself a load of hassle or try and use wireless late afternoon or before 7PM after that you won’t get on!

Word of warning! This is a family hotel so if you don’t have young children then I would stay away. During dinner kids are wandering around selecting food or just watching the chefs! i.e. they just generally get in the way? Poor supervision by the parents I’m afraid.
The guy who cooks the crepes at breakfast/night (of which they are really nice) is on a different time zone to everyone else? You will on most occasions have to wait for service the guys far to slow?

Getting drinks can be problematic at times especially after dinner as there is only 1 bar staff on at all times. The guy is quick at service though but you may still have to wait 5 minutes to get a drink after dinner. Drinks are not strong and all spirits are local. There is a small shop onsite (next to reception) that sells European beer/spirits reasonably priced if you fancy a change?
Overall the staff are friendly/and hospitably. The onsite reps/entertainers are great (especially Emily) try the morning Yoga classes there where very relaxing?

Go on the ‘Aegean Cruise’ (but don’t book through the tour reps) the boats are crammed with people and overcrowded some people on our trip had to sit on plastic chairs? Look on trip advisor there are smaller/less commercial boats available (Katrina has rave reviews) I would go on one of those. Or book a cruise out of Kardamena (10 people maximum)

I can seriously recommend the Pelagos restaurant in Kardamena if you get board of the food at Mitszis. We decided to eat at Pelagos due to reviews on tripadvisor advised as the ‘the best restaurant on Kos’ and it did not disappoint! Lovely, friendly atmosphere helped by both Dimitri and Mike.

4  Thank Darran W
Reviewed July 2, 2012

what a fantastic place!!! where do i start. arrived at the mitsis family village on the 16th june .me & my partner jackie. on entering reception there were a few people checking in. within a short time. my turn came smiling happy face says to me welcome sir.as i gave my name the manager of the hotel came over to me and said could i have a word please sir .theres been a problem in your room. we are very sorry about this so we are going upgrade you to a 5 * hotel in kos town. we asked if there was anyway we could stay here if possible. and then a loverly young lady by the name of despina came over to us and said give me 15 minutes.we had seen this hotel on trip advisor and wanted to stay here. the thought of a 5* was in my mind. but something in my head said to see if we could stay here ?.the manager returned with drinks for me & my partner soon after he took us down to show us a room. well it was amazing a swim up pool to our room a large king size bed a bathroom my partner fell in love with :)ANTONIOS the manager & despina had gave us a dream room for 11 nights. we woke up the next morning opened our doors and what a view.we could see turkey clear as day. it felt like we were in a five star hotel. over the rest of our holiday it got better food excellent ***** service ***** hospitality ***** staff *****.please do go to this hotel it has so much to offer couples... familys ... and single people.also after 12 midnight try the zone pub / club excellent entertainment & staff. it puts the fun into those late nights if you want them :). well all i would like to say is thank you MITSIS for a fantastic holiday. me & my partner had the best holiday ever and i realy mean this see you very soon thank you so much. 4* i would give it 5 * easy

6  Thank markmcguire123