Myself and 4 friends stayed at the Elga between June 20th and 28th. We stayed in rooms 2 and 20. The room were basic but had 3 beds, balconies and a bathroom/wet room with zero air con so we had to ask for a fan each at reception (this cost us £25 euro each which I think is ridiculous even for a hotel this basic) one of the fans broke as soon as we got it and we had to swap for another less broken fan haha. Next we were 4 days in and decided since we didn't have fresh sheets or towels that we would go to reception and query this. I was not surprised when the nice reception man told me the cleaners had signed the book to say they had been into room 2 and after some debate he agreed this what utter rubbish and that it would be the next day before they would actually provide this aka day 5!!
On day 6 the woman who we assume is the owner really messed us around, she walked into room 20 without so much as a knock completely invading my friends privacy! She was just out of the shower, the hotel owner claimed that she was looking for damages then left. She then came to room 2 and looked around our hotel room also claiming that we had broken the fan. Before we left on the final night we handed in our hotel keys to be met with the most ridiculous hotel charges and we weren't the only ones!
Our room aka room 2 was charged 28 euro for a broken fan and a broken balcony door stopper, we still have no idea what that is!!!? But she had our friends passports and were worried she would somehow make it nightmare for us to go home if we didn't pay up.
Our friends in room 20 were charged for broken mugs the exact mugs were in the sink completely in tact! After speaking to other groups of people it seems the Elga have a reputation for charging holiday makers on 18-30 for damages including one other group of scottish girls who were charged 50 euros for Make up stains on towels and sheets. We quickly realised that every week new holiday makers arrive and the same damage charges must be made each week, I suggest checking the entire room before unpacking.
Do not ever ever ever take the package ever. It is a complete rip off! I'll start with James who came into our hotel room minutes after we arrived at 2am extremely tired to tell us all sorts of information and just wouldn't take no for an answer, pressuring a group of nice 21 year olds who want to do their own thing for literally half an hour! He told us many lies about the status/starlight reps who sell tickets along the strip saying that they charge a fortune, when in actual fact they gave us great discounts. After being repeatedly told we were not interested he told us one of the nights aka the silent disco was exclusive to 18-30 and we wouldn't get ticket for it anywhere else and We paid 30 euro each up front of these tickets because he told us we could meet him there at any time.. Also lies because it turns out it finished at 12! By the time we go there it was over, we told Simon the other rep the next day who said he would look into I but heard ZERO.
A separate night we had paid 15 euro each for was the paint party, since it was the one everyone was going to we paid for these tickets up front also, James told us we could meet up with him and the 18-30 crowd at any time to pick up the tickets, yet another lie when we found him and the other very drunken mess rep Katie they refused to give us the tickets until we joined them to the next bar.
Amazing holiday with the girls! Beautiful beach, cool bars, lovely restaurants and plenty of good times regardless of the 0 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elga Hotel is a family run busines which is only few meters away from the beautiful town of kardamena were you will find tourist shops,tasty traditional taverns,bars,and many other things to do on your stay.The sea of Kardamena is only 400 meters away from the resort. The hotel offers a pool with a snak bar with varius food and deferent coctails and many other things. All Elga rooms are spacy with a huge balcony with montain and pool view,or city view to relax on your stay.All Elga rooms have private bathroom. The reception is 24 houers and the hotel bar is open also 24 houers.Do not forget asking for a MOJITO at the bar! Kos Airport is only 5 kilometers away from the resort and kos harbour is 25 kilometers away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Booking.com so you can book your Elga Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elga Apartments Kardamena
- Elga Apartments Hotel Kardamena
- Elga Apartments Kos/Kardamena