“Small and very friendly on a stunning island”
Review of Sunny View Hotel

Sunny View Hotel
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
north of england
“Small and very friendly on a stunning island”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Arrived on a late-ish flight at around 10.00 p.m. and check in was quick and straight forward. Katarina was happy to prepare anything from the menu even though we were so late and we had a lovely cocktail to start our holiday.
Frantcis, George and Katarina really make this a warm and inviting holiday experience. We have stayed in many different types of accommodation (from downright dreadful to 5*) and our time at the Sunny View ranked as one of our favourite holidays. This is due to the owners warmth, cleanliness of room, availabilty of beds round the pool, variety and quality of home cooked food. The accommodation is simple and honest - no frills but comfortable with free wi-fi which always worked and a TV with a couple of Sky channels if you really want to watch it. Aircon, if you need it is at a small charge - we prefer to try to acclimatise but by day 5 we submitted and used it as the temperatures had really soared.
Dont think I can think of any negatives - yes it is a 30 minute walk to Kardamena town (or 6 eu taxi fare, or 1.80 eu bus fare) but you should have worked that out before booking I guess. The walk is along a gorgeous coastline and we tried to do the round trip each day for the exercise, sometimes jumping in the sea on the return walk 'just because you can'. Buses do pass by one side of the hotel - but not so often and it is certainly not intrusive and its quite handy to jump on and off if you choose this mode of transport into town.
What a lovely family-run hotel and a great bbq night shared by residents, plus friends and family of the owners so the atmosphere was great. George - thank you again for going out of your way for us (you know why....!) - your an absolute gentleman and made us feel special.
Missing you all already and working on our next trip to stay with you as we speak.
Really recommend a trip to this hotel and this island if you want to get out of the All Inclusive rat race and if you want to experience 'real' people, 'real' food in a lovely location.

2 Thank littlewanderer8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
Bedfordshire
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our first trip to Sunny View Hotel, we flew out on 21st July and returned 30 July 2012. What a brilliant holiday George Franzis and Mother (as my husband insisted on calling her) were excellent hosts and you really do feel part of the family along with Sunny the dog. We can't fault the Greek hospitality or praise them enough. The barbecue on Tuesday night was a wonderful social occasion and we were disappointed that we were coming home on Monday as it we'd been there one more day we could have gone to another BBQ. Mother's home cooking can't be faulted and on our last day we were asked what we would like to choose for our dinner and they would endeavor to provide it, we chose apple pie and we weren't disappointed. Upon speaking to other guests we discovered that the majority of them had been there many times before and this just goes to show how good it is that people keep returning (we are already looking at September next year!!) We were a varied party of boys aged 17-21, parents (48 years) and grandparents (70 plus) we all agreed what a wonderful relaxing holiday we had had and it was only a 30 minute walk or a taxi ride (6 Euros) for the boys to Kardamena to sample the night life. The pool was lovely and quiet and there was always shade left for us without the need to get up at 7.00am to put towels out. Brilliant hospitality, brilliant cooking and a brilliant all round holiday. Thanks to George, Franzis and Mother - we hope to see you real soon. Les, Tracey, Robert, Grant, Sue and Richard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for 10 days between the 9th - 19th of July 2012.

The hotel is kept spotless, there are always sunbeds available, decent size swimming pool, ocean view rooms and the laid back and peace atmosphere hits you as soon as you walk into the place.

The food is lovely (all freshly cooked from scratch) and the family who run the hotel helped make our holiday so good.

They were always accommodating, from keeping the bar open as long as we liked (Thank you Francis!) too making sure we were happy and havin fun at all times.

We truly left feeling part of the family and was sad to leave.

Gemma and Simon

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just had a great time at the sunny view hotel. rooms are basic but what you would expect for the price you pay. A lovely peaceful pool area, great family bar, we only had food at lunch time but the food we had was good. We joined the family BBQ night and enjoyed that too. All the family are friendly and go the extra mile for you. The centre of Kardamena is a 30-40 walk or 6 euros in a taxi so you are near enough to go to the bars and restaurants and far enough for it to be lovely and peaceful. Thanks George, Francis and family we had a brill time. Martin & Kim

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just returned from a weeks holiday at sunny view and I have to say what an amazing time we all had.George and family were welcoming,personal and ensured we all had a great time.I have travelled all over the world yet never received such a high level of personal service......food was home cooked,rooms basic but spotless,pool perfect and I think we were the only guests there that hadn't visited it before.Franks cocktails were to die for and the chocolate milkshakes were the yummiest yet.Best budget holiday we have ever had.Thanks sunny view!!!!

Room Tip: Excellent location if you want a more relaxing and quieter holiday. Room 13 where we stayed was righ...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Arrived back in England two days ago, and I have to say my time at sunny view was absoutely faultless! I travel a great deal, and have stayed in one star and five star hotels, but never have I felt so comfortable as I have here. Each member of staff was so friendly, and jumped at any opportunity to help us.
Me and my friend stayed on a half board basis, the food was absolutely beautiful, I eat a lot of Greek food, and I can tell you, I was not disspointed with the meals I recieved, I think I proably ate the hotel out of tzatziki!
Rooms were cleaned daily, yes the bathrooms are a little dated, but who cares as long as its clean! I never felt the need for air con, yes it's very hot, but I just layed a damp towel over me at night and found that to be perfect.
I did consider giving a 4 star, due to its location, but it was so overruled by everything else, that I simply couldn't give it any less than 5.
It is roughly a 30 minute walk to the centre of kardamena, which is quite effortless, however the heat can be very overpowering, so we resorted to walking the slightly longer beach way as it meant we could walk along the beach and jump in the water!
Being 18, it wasn't the perfect hotel for the 18-30s, however I found some comfort in that as it meant that I felt safe.
The pool area was beautiful, however there were quite a few wasps by the edge of the pool.

I could go on forever about all thhe great things this hotel this provided, but I shan't.
I would come back to this hotel without a doubt, and to those that give it any less than three stars, you clearly haven't stayed in many three star hotels before as you'd find Sunny View exceeds expectations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I took my daughter here to celebrate the end of her GCSEs. All we wanted was a week to do very little and enjoy the sun, so didn't need a 5 star all inclusive ( which we would normally do as a family with husband and son). The rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Pool was lovely, especially as not crowded. Owners were very nice and helpful. Evening meals were good though we did also eat out. Perfect for a quiet week with plenty of sun.

• Stayed June 2012