TripAdvisor
Kardamena
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews main bar pool bar red elephant asian restaurant pizza star hotel bottle of white wine branded spirits sister hotel sand bags a free shuttle bus duplex room salad themed restaurants are table service welcome drink relaxing holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have just come back from akti palace what a wonderful hotel there was nothing the staff wouldn't do for you all were very polite hotel set out lovley always got a sun bed food is very good something for everyone the pool bar was nice to sit at and have your lunch on a night time the main bar was good u didn't have to move waitress service was brilliant I can't remember the name of the girl that took our orders but she was worth her weight in gold never stopped fantastic waitress if u want a nice chilled holiday this is the place for you can't complain about anything had a fantastic time thank you akti palace for a wonderful two weeks

1  Thank Phillippa C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Akti Palace and loved every minute of it.

The hotel is well laid out and we found our room and balcony to be clean, comfortable and spacious with everything we needed, travelling with a 2 year old.

The food was excellent, although we found breakfast a bit repetitive. Lunch at the pool bar was a good option, with plenty of choice on offer every day. The dinners were also excellent, plenty of choice and the food always fresh and warm. We dined at the Greek and Asian a la carte’s twice during our stay and also thoroughly enjoyed them.

The pools were quite cold, however that’s to be expected at this time of the year. The wooden sunbeds are really uncomfortable and do need replaced at the main pool. Beach sunbeds were excellent as were the newer metal sunbeds at the small pools. There are 6 of these pools which you think are for the private swim up rooms, however the 1 nearest the main reception on the left hand side as you’re walking up is for general use and gave great shelter from the wind at times. The whole time we were there only a couple of folk used it apart from us.

The complimentary shuttle bus in and out of Kardamaina is also a good service.

The main reason this resort is so good is the staff. The waiting staff and bar staff are so courteous and couldn’t have been more attentive. Every single one of them went out of their way to talk to my daughter and make her feel relaxed. A special thanks to George at the main bar and also George at the Pool bar for the service they provided during the 2 weeks. 2 top guys and a credit to the hotel.

Remember, the staff in this hotel are working every single day for 6 months solid, they deserve a small tip for their amazing service if you can afford it

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JohnLori2014
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a bad room. The bed was unstable, spiderwebs in the room, toilet is was leaking, towel was torn and there was stains in room. We told the employment and for the second time we complained the manager came. She was not friendly to me because she saw and heard nothing. It's seems like a was making it up. For me it was not attack to the hotel butt just an advice. I have a compliment voor the catering employees, they are super.

1  Thank KeshRaakesh
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

other peoples posts have covered pretty much everything to be said about the akti palace but here are some points from our stay.thanks to incompetence and delay by tui and some unheard of airline called 'smartlynx' we had a 38 hour delay getting to the hotel but on arrival in the early hours we received a friendly welcome at reception and were show to our room by the bellboy.we stayed here 4 years ago(due to another f### up by tui)and liked it so much we decided to return.it was just as good .the food was excellent with lots of choice but i think some more greek dishes should be available.as mentioned elsewhere there is an issue with service and space at the main bar but the staff did try to cope well with a problem not of their own making,there really needs to be more waiting staff or a relaxing of the rules about going to the bar for service.ilias and his gf and george and thanos and the others worked hard to keep everyone served but it got a bit beyond them at times.we had a couple of minor issues during our stay which were ably and promptly resolved by vicky on reception,she really was a great help and also dealt with a problem caused mostly by my own ignorance of the workings of the vehicle.vicky called the hire office and explained the issue in greek much quicker than i could have trying to do it in english.thanks vicky.there IS a problem with sunbeds as someone has posted too.the wooden ones are uncomfortable and there aren't enough of the newer metal ones to go round.the hotel is very clean as are the pool,beach and restaurant areas.the free bus to town is a big plus .in all a very good hotel with excellent facilities and friendly efficient and helpful staff.i also recommend the greek and asian restaurants where there was plenty of tasty dishes on offer.also the massages are great if a little expensive at 60 euros.apart from the penultimate day which was stormy and wet the weather was good if very windy at times.kardamena has some good bars,like stone roses and particularly the garden bar where the food is great too.

Room tip: you can apparently upgrade some rooms to have access to a small pool near your room used only by a few other guests who have upgraded
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Akti Palace hotel.
Firstly I must echo what others have said. This is not a 5 star hotel but it is a very good hotel.
A few tweaks here and there and it could be a 5 star.
I may just being picky but I’ll start with what I think could be improved.
Firstly, we arrived during the night. On first impression we felt disappointed. The lobby area appeared dull and not somewhere you want to sit and relax. The night staff member appeared pleasant but not overly welcoming. We didn’t receive a welcome drink which we later noticed all other guests were getting on the day and evening arrivals.
We were very excited about our holiday but felt a bit deflated on arrival.
The canteen is next to the lobby so all we could smell was food when we entered. I’m also not a fan of having TVs in lobby areas or pool bars as I find it a bit tacky.
The hotel is based on modern and minimalist design which is fine but there are a few things which could really add life to the place.
The outside dining area is nice once you get used to it but it lacks ideas. Some nice blue table cloths, and colour backs for the chairs would make it more welcoming. Candles on the tables etc. Some climbing plants or hanging baskets around the area and overhead fairy lights would really change the whole appearance.
The rattan seating area is nice and the pool effect around them also pleasant.
Again the bar by the outdoor seats lacks ideas. It’s too bright, no ambience and again has a tv which in my opinion is not needed. Also the bar played the same cd for two weeks. The pool bar has music entertainment but again fails with creating a pleasant ambience. Too bright, no candles and not relaxing to listen to live music. It’s more catered for people to play card games whilst listening to the music. This may be suitable for lots of people but I like ambience at 5 star hotels.
Now onto the good points.
Firstly George, who works through the night is brilliant. He is full of energy and will cater for your needs throughout the night. He makes the most amazing crepes.
All the staff are brilliant. They work so hard, and are very friendly. We enjoyed talking to them and getting to know them.
We cannot complain about the food and drink. Lots of variety and very tasty, And you can have wine by the bottle.
The rooms are nice and clean and the mini bar is re stocked every day which is a nice touch.
The themed restaurants are very good. Make sure you don’t eat during the day as you will be full after. Only complaint, no ambience.
The pool is amazing. By far the best feature with plenty of sun loungers.
I have never been to any hotel where I haven’t had to get up at 7am to secure a bed.
The beach is much better than I thought. We didn’t use the sun loungers, we walked 1-2 minutes along the beach where you can just chill on the beach in peace. There are sand bags in the sea as it’s a bit rocky in places but just bring your water shoes and you won’t need to use them. Once in the sea, it’s crystal clear and perfect for snorkelling. Lots of pretty fish to admire. Also the water sports on the beach is excellent with free pedaloes.
There is a Free shuttle bus to Kardamena which is a good. Again Kardamena was better than we expected. Very pretty with a really nice beach.
Staying at Akti palace allows you full access to its sister hotel Akti beach next door. We just walked around there but didn’t stay for food drink etc. That hotel seemed pleasant and had a nice welcoming lobby and huge dining area.
Overall, if you want a fully relaxed holiday, you will get it at Akti palace. We have really enjoyed our stay and wanted a holiday which focused on doing nothing.
For me, a bit more ambience, a more romantic feel in certain areas and this hotel is heading in the right direction. Not everyone will agree with me as it depends on what you want from a holiday. But I expect a 5 star hotel to cater for those requests.