All reviews main bar pool bar red elephant asian restaurant pizza star hotel bottle of white wine branded spirits sand bags sister hotel a free shuttle bus duplex room salad themed restaurants are table service welcome drink relaxing holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Akti Palace hotel.
Firstly I must echo what others have said. This is not a 5 star hotel but it is a very good hotel.
A few tweaks here and there and it could be a 5 star.
I may just being picky but I’ll start with what I think could be improved.
Firstly, we arrived during the night. On first impression we felt disappointed. The lobby area appeared dull and not somewhere you want to sit and relax. The night staff member appeared pleasant but not overly welcoming. We didn’t receive a welcome drink which we later noticed all other guests were getting on the day and evening arrivals.
We were very excited about our holiday but felt a bit deflated on arrival.
The canteen is next to the lobby so all we could smell was food when we entered. I’m also not a fan of having TVs in lobby areas or pool bars as I find it a bit tacky.
The hotel is based on modern and minimalist design which is fine but there are a few things which could really add life to the place.
The outside dining area is nice once you get used to it but it lacks ideas. Some nice blue table cloths, and colour backs for the chairs would make it more welcoming. Candles on the tables etc. Some climbing plants or hanging baskets around the area and overhead fairy lights would really change the whole appearance.
The rattan seating area is nice and the pool effect around them also pleasant.
Again the bar by the outdoor seats lacks ideas. It’s too bright, no ambience and again has a tv which in my opinion is not needed. Also the bar played the same cd for two weeks. The pool bar has music entertainment but again fails with creating a pleasant ambience. Too bright, no candles and not relaxing to listen to live music. It’s more catered for people to play card games whilst listening to the music. This may be suitable for lots of people but I like ambience at 5 star hotels.
Now onto the good points.
Firstly George, who works through the night is brilliant. He is full of energy and will cater for your needs throughout the night. He makes the most amazing crepes.
All the staff are brilliant. They work so hard, and are very friendly. We enjoyed talking to them and getting to know them.
We cannot complain about the food and drink. Lots of variety and very tasty, And you can have wine by the bottle.
The rooms are nice and clean and the mini bar is re stocked every day which is a nice touch.
The themed restaurants are very good. Make sure you don’t eat during the day as you will be full after. Only complaint, no ambience.
The pool is amazing. By far the best feature with plenty of sun loungers.
I have never been to any hotel where I haven’t had to get up at 7am to secure a bed.
The beach is much better than I thought. We didn’t use the sun loungers, we walked 1-2 minutes along the beach where you can just chill on the beach in peace. There are sand bags in the sea as it’s a bit rocky in places but just bring your water shoes and you won’t need to use them. Once in the sea, it’s crystal clear and perfect for snorkelling. Lots of pretty fish to admire. Also the water sports on the beach is excellent with free pedaloes.
There is a Free shuttle bus to Kardamena which is a good. Again Kardamena was better than we expected. Very pretty with a really nice beach.
Staying at Akti palace allows you full access to its sister hotel Akti beach next door. We just walked around there but didn’t stay for food drink etc. That hotel seemed pleasant and had a nice welcoming lobby and huge dining area.
Overall, if you want a fully relaxed holiday, you will get it at Akti palace. We have really enjoyed our stay and wanted a holiday which focused on doing nothing.
For me, a bit more ambience, a more romantic feel in certain areas and this hotel is heading in the right direction. Not everyone will agree with me as it depends on what you want from a holiday. But I expect a 5 star hotel to cater for those requests.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the atki palace . Hotel lovely . Staff helpful and friendly. Nighttime entertainment very good a band called golden tones amazing. Food and drink in plenty. Pools clean . They couldn’t do enough for you . Only complaint sun beds very hard . Would visit again

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Please be aware in our opinion this is not a 5 star hotel more average 4 star. The positive attributes of the hotel are as follows: Excellent room, bed very comfortable, air conditioning excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Room mini bar excellent idea, topped up daily. Free shuttle bus to local town at regular intervals. The negatives are as follows: Sun loungers around the only pool area are extremely uncomfortable and looked like they were 20 years old, comparable to laying on a plank of wood. Dining area similar to a lorry drivers cafe, salad bar virtually non existant, food generally not acceptable for a 5 star hotel. Wi-Fi non existent in room. Disturbed every morning at 08.40am by the cleaner bursting into the room before you got chance to answer the door, not acceptable. Mini bar stockist woke us up early every morning with the cleaner to re-stock the bar. Lack of indoor seating if the weather was bad.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

We booked our all-inclusive week at the Akti Palace Hotel through TUI, in the UK. We were wowed by the photos of the hotel on the website as we booked it but were even more amazed when we saw the hotel in person. The hotel is very special. It is classy and the facilities are well-looked after. The staff are so polite and friendly and go out of their way to help you. We were impressed with pretty much everything - the quiet, cool dining facilities; the choice of bars; the pool; the clean, air-conditioned rooms; etc. By paying that little bit extra we had the class and quiet of the Akti Palace and yet access to all the additional facilities next door at the Akti Beach Hotel - sports, entertainment and food. I was also very impressed that pretty much everything was included in the price we paid for our holiday, other all-inclusive holidays have not been so generous. All drinks were included, all meals plus there was always food available - at the poolside grill and the mid-night buffet - and much of the equipment and facilities at the beach (see next). The Akti Palace has its own private beach with very comfortable loungers with parasols and also free beach towels included. At the beach, there is access to snorkling equipment, paddle boats and kayaks for free. Also, for a reasonable fee you can paraglide and use other equipment, such as stand up paddle boards. We loved exploring Kos, but we could just have easily stayed at the Akti Palace for the whole holiday as it was such a relaxing place to while away our time. I would really recommend the hotel if you are looking for an all-inclusive in Greece and we will definitely be returning in the future. My favourite thing? - lying by the pool and staring up at the hills behind us - what a view.

Room tip: Some of the ground floor rooms have access to a private pool that they share with just two other rooms.
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank smmsenior
Reviewed September 9, 2019

The hotel is lovely, really modern, clean and contemporary. Food is good also! The only downfall being; at night sat at the bar area the wait for drinks is far too long. One poor waitress serving about 30 tables, they should have more staff on the bar and more staff waiting on tables for drinks!

1  Thank Olivia B