“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent prices. I feel the restaurant should charge more, it’s worth more. Portions are huge and food is cooked perfectly. I am a fussy eater, but there is plenty on the menu I like.
There are traditional Greek dishes, pizza, pasta, chicken, burgers, steak, pork etc. Something for everyone!
Really relaxed atmosphere, the staff do not rush you at all.
I’m not one for making small talk and this isn’t forced here, but the staff are still friendly and very polite.
Lovely location, right by the harbour so view is lovely, and a nice breeze to keep you cool.
Have been twice already this week and we will be back avian before we go home.
Wonderful!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

We have been here 2 week into our month long holiday and have walked passed this place nearly every day, so tonight we decided to stop and try the food. Not the best idea I have ever had.
The staff were very welcoming and friendly if not a little distant. We ordered our food and drinks, at that point things went down hill. I had prawns saganaki, to be fair the prawns were cooked just right, not chewy at all, but the sauce was so salty it was very difficult to enjoy. My main course was the mixed fish plater, this was a disaster. The octopus was so over cooked it was crispy, the swordfish (I guess it was swordfish) was so burnt it tasted of charcoal. The other piece of fish was breaded and was cooked in oil, it was so greasy when I lifted it up the oil ran out of it.
I will not comment of the other meal ordered in our party because this is a personal opinion, but I did have a taste of all the other dishes ordered and it would not change my review.
Kos is renowned for its sea food, it’s one of the reasons I come to Greece, but I am sorry to say this place has let the side down.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Been to kos twice two weeks in September,two weeks in may, found Romano’s on first visit in September. Tried a few other restaurants over the two weeks but nothing was as good as Romano’s, George and Thomas are really nice guys, and go out of there way to make you feel welcome.the food is fantastic and really good value couldn’t fault one single meal I had there ate there every night in may. Going back for two weeks in September will eat every night at Romano’s

2  Thank ericjones1950
Reviewed May 24, 2018

This was our first trip to the Greek Islands - came here on the recommendation of my sister who has been coming to Kos for 25 years. On our first night here walking on the seafront looking for a place to eat and came across this restaurant. A large open eating area so there is a nice gentle breeze passing through to keep you cooler than anywhere else. Attentive staff who don't pester you, as can happen in many resort places. Large choice of an ecletic mix of meal choices. We went for the Greek Plate each. Good introduction to the variety of Greek dishes you can have individually.

1  Thank Antony S
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Lovely meal, service was very good and good value for money. My husband had the sword fish and I had the mixed seafood and you couldn't fault the food or service.