“2 week adventure”

Seva Hotel & Swimming Pool
Ranked #28 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed September 19, 2013

So before we went to stay at the Seva, I had read a lot of mixed reviews so was sceptical. We travelled from the 29th of August to the 13th of September.

But I have to say I was so surprised!! It is basic but it is also clean...I was half expecting to have to in there with my bleach and rubber gloves!! But it is amazing!! Could not really cook in the room due to lack of facilities but it still was liveable!
Plus there was food readily available in the hotel and on the beech front in loads of different restaurants.

We were going for 2 weeks so did not want to buy to much from the reps as it would have cost a lot for us, being there 2 weeks. I have read reviews about the reps being pushy and bossy but I have to say, we only bought 3 events over the whole 2 weeks and I have never experienced nicer people!! Carol and Fliss were so nice to us even though we did not want to take on the whole week, off course they were disappointed and tried to be a little pervasive but that is their jobs...no more than a car sales man would try to get you to buy a car!!

I have to say that this place was a fab place to go for a week, but I do have to say 2 weeks was too long as there is not a lot to o in the local area so after about 4 days you had done it all...but that meant plenty of tanning time beside the pool!!

All I can say...is that the staff and the reps at the seva could not have done more to make our stay any better!! They were always there to have a laugh with and able to sort out any issue we had (like the sheets did not get changed until I asked...but as soon as it was mentioned it was sorted - no issues)

All this businesses about fines and deposits...I cant really comment on as we did not take any extras out...but we also did not cause any damage so we had no issue with the hotel management.

Would just like to thanks Fliss, Carol and all the rest of the reps and Seva team for making our 2 week holiday fab!!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

First off, it you’re looking for a romantic break or a family hotel, this is not for you. This hotel is definitely party orientated which was fine for us as we were in a group of 5. It comes with a 24 hour bar which can party onto 6am. This wasn’t a problem for us as the noise in the room was pretty quiet.

The room is fairly basic which the required essentials. The only issue I had was the towels, sheets, and loo roll not being changed. Although, you have to remember the hotel is very cheap and you can buy loo roll from reception for 1 euro.

Staffs were friendly. A guy called Lawrence in particular will do just about anything to make sure you are catered for. He will even serve you food/drinks pool side. The pool is not perfectly clean but it didn’t stop me jumping in. Also, there are plenty of sun loungers if you fancy lying at the side.

The beach is very close by and access to a supermarket is just around the corner. Very handy to keep costs down.

I had no problems with deposits or paying extra fees when checking out.

When you arrive you will be taken to your room by a rep and asked to be part of the 18-30 package. They are quite forceful and will not allow you any time to think about it. Something to do with ordering tickets that can’t be done 30 minutes later….? They are doing their job but I would strongly recommend not buying it. If anything pick 1-2 activities and pay for them. Alternatively, you can pay the nightclubs 15 euro to get in i.e. paint party, foam party.

As you go around the pubs with the reps the prices significantly increase. If you were to go to the bar by yourself you could be getting 3 shots, 2 jagerbombs, and a drink for 5 euro instead of 2 for 5. The prices in the nightclubs are also a bit of a rip-off at 5 euro a drink that may as well be water. Get tanked up before you go.

Great holiday but save yourself a mountain of cash by not doing the package and following the reps from bar to bar.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here at the start of August and although we had a good holiday there are a few negative points about this hotel and Kardamena in general.

I've seen a few people on here talk about the price of the 18-30 package. When we arrived our rep arrived to speak to us very quickly, and spoke to us about events every night which would cost 200 euro for the week, and also explained that we had to either decide and pay immediately or we would be unable to attend any events the whole week (he made som excuse about not being allowed to handle money after the welcome meeting). In the end we booked 3 nights for about 130 euro, which we did admittedly enjoy however we felt they were overpriced. This was reflective of a "hard-sell" attitude throughout Kardamena. I found all the bar and restaurant PRs to be very irritating and simply wouldn't take no for an answer (and this is coming from a veteran of the main strip in Kavos), although there were a select few who were very nice and it was no coincidence our group spent most of our time in their bars.

5 of us were staying in the one apartment. The heat in Kos is so intense that air con is a must, however while being relatively cheap it was only existent in one of the bedrooms so 2 of the guys were forced to take their mattresses off their beds and put them on the floor in our bedroom which made for a very cramped week. In addition we only had 3 pillows for 5 people and despite repeated complaints we never heard anything back from the reception/bar. In addition the bathroom was of a poor standard, the shower was dreadful, and we had to provide our own toilet roll. I think the room was cleaned once in the week we were there although it was clean enough to begin with. The pool was of a good standard and we had a good time there during the day, and the hotel bar was quite good although not exactly cheap. One very good point about our hotel was that because it had a 24 hour bar, it was pretty much the after party for the whole town and all the workers went there after work as well.

In general we had a good holiday, and the hotel was decent enough despite its plus points. However, Kardamena is a much smaller resort compared to Ibiza or even Kavos and I think I would probably sooner go elsewhere than return here.

2  Thank Ross H
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my friend stayed here the 5th Sept - 12th Sept, when we arrived we were a little apprehensive to see the room due to previous reviews we had read, but we found our room to be perfect for what we needed. There were 4 beds with only 2 of us staying so there was ample room, everything was clean, nothing was broken and we also had 2 huge balconies. It is 20 euros for the safe and 10 of it you get back if you return the key at the end which I think is reasonable and definitely would recommend getting one. We did not get charged the 50 euros damage deposit as we had previously read and didn't get charged for anything even though I got nail polish on the bedding.
The maid came everyday but this was to empty the bins and give the bathroom a quick wipe-over, the towels were not changed at all (maybe because we used our own so the hotels were not touched) but the bedding was only changed once.
We were told by the locals that this time of year was a lot quieter as it was coming to the end of the season, and they seemed right, bar street is only small and it was not packed, however we still managed to have a great time every night, making lots of friends and as it was our first girls holiday it was perfect for us.
We bought 3 events from the reps package; the full moon party which involves a beach party and then uv party, the paint party, and the boat party. Each event includes a bar crawl first but this starts at 7:30 pm and the bars do not offer their usual deals so we found it better to predrink by ourselves and then meet up with the gang. The advantage of going with the reps is you head out as a hotel, however it can turn into a costly night. Some events like the bar crawl definitely aren't worth doing because you can just as easily do the bar crawl by yourself, or like we did... tag along with the others without paying the price :') I would 100% recommend the events we did, each was a highlight of the holiday and for those 3 it cost us 95 euros per person.
Although the hotel has a 24 hour bar, we were not once woken up by the music, the balcony doors are very soundproof.
The pool is clean and probably the nicest in Kardamena, but it is very cold. The beach is very close, around 2-3 mins to walk there and bar street is even closer. You will not struggle for nice places to eat, all of the restaurants along the harbour are up to the same high standard, making it very hard to choose from such an array. Or if you prefer to cook for yourself the supermarket is also a 2 min walk round the corner from the hotel.
All in all, we absolutely loved this holiday, Seva is the place to be, known as "the hotel that never sleeps" WE MISS IT SO MUCH!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Visited here August 29th-5th September
Okay, to start off if you are expecting a wild party holiday this isn't the place for you. Kardamena only has 2 main clubs which are good but i wouldn't describe them as wild. I stayed her with 3 other girls and we had 2 separate rooms. Seva itself is in a great location, the staff are all really friendly and polite. The beach is a 2 1/2 minute walk or a 32 second run (lol). Loads of amazing bars and restaurants by the seafront! I'd recommend captains for sure, the food is so damn good.

We were all apprehensive about staying here due to the terrible reviews but it really isn't that bad. We didn't get loads of sleep but that's because everyone is loud and drunk all the time. We were not asked for a deposit like the other reviews mention, upon arrival the owner just told us about the options to have a safe and air con (safe was 20 euro but you get 10 back at the end as long as you don't lost the key) we didn't buy the air con because we were saving our money for nights out. The towels and sheets were not changed all week and the state of the rooms weren't fantastic.. but they were live able- just take washing up liquid to clean the pans and you'll be fine! I loved the outside pool and it was always clean and plenty of sunbeds were available. Indoor pool was closed and bright green... ew. Our window was smashed on the first night but we reported it and it was taped up and they didnt charge us anything for it :)

The prices for drinks in the hotel are not cheap. Hotel is 5euro for an alcoholic drink and on bar street you can get (in chilli's) 3 shots, 2 jagerbombs and a drink for a fiver.. so go there for predrinks! All the locals are friendly as long as you dont play loud music in your room at night. The rule out there is all music off by 12 not that any of them adhere to this, saw a few get fined a lot of money for this! The clubs are all sound proofed so dont worry. There are lots of supermarkets and Louis is literally around the corner from seva, so lovely and conveinient... cheap too!!

The reps practically jump on you as you first get into seva, its their job to sell you their package in all fairness but my goodness its a rip off! 209 euro for the week. They are all friendly but it does feel rather fake, you can get so many good deals on bar street and by the tickets to the clubs from there for the maximum of 15 euros. The reps will tell you its 25 but they are liars, dont buy this package you will get ripped off and most people cant hack all of it because they start the nights way too early. Drinking from 7pm and aiming to get into the clubs by 2am never works well. The bars have to pay for each person the reps bring in, if 18-30 are in there they do not do their usual drink deals. We bought 3 nights of the package costing 135 euros, total rip off and waste of money, the boat party was just a boat trip, nothing partying about it really as the dj didnt turn up. The friday night bar crawl was a laugh but we were all so drunk we couldnt get into the club. Saturday nights free bar was good and we met some great people but we could have done all the events we chose for so much cheaper. My friend paid on card for hrs and they charged her 150 euro instead of the 135, without telling us it would charge more!

Best places i'd reccomend are mario's for cheap cocktails and buddies bar/chilli's for cheap drinks.

Okay so quick summary, hotel is okay, staff are nice, rooms are bareable. The package they offer is a rip off and not all that fun, dont buy it unless you are mad. Loads of mozzies out there during the summer so just be warned.

We enjoyed ourselves and made the most of our holiday but i shall not be returning to this hotel and especially never going on an 18-30 holiday again.

1  Thank Fran W
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in Kos from August 29th - Sept 5th, with four other girls.

On arrival at Seva we were taken in to the 24 hour bar area and handed two keys, then were pointed in the direction of our rooms. We were given two rooms adjacent to each other, which was nice, as we were worried we'd be separated. It's the first hotel I have ever been to where there is no reception, I think this is a little unusual, and the whole place seemed a bit unorganised. When we arrived in our rooms our initial impression was not good - in my room (the room of three) only two of four lights worked, the bed sheets, towels, shower curtain and walls were stained, the cupboard doors were wobbly and didn't really shut properly and we hardly had any pots or cutlery. A rep came up to us not long after our arrival and we told her about the issues but she didn't seem that bothered and said that they wouldn't think that we'd stained the sheets etc, so we decided not to report the faults and hoped for the best. I have read in previous reviews that some groups have had to pay deposits for their room, but that was not the case with us. Also, luckily for us our air con had been left on, so there was no need for us to spend 30 euros on it - more money for drink! The air con did have a lovely habit of pouring water all over the floor though when it had been on for a while, which was a little concerning.
The cleanliness of the hotel was not good - our sheets and towels weren't changed for the whole week. The pool water had sun cream grease and bits floating in it, and was not seen to be cleaned all week. The indoor pool was unusable due to the water being black (not that I would use an indoor pool on holiday anyway - but still!). I dread to think what the hotel's kitchen was like - I only ever ordered cheese and ham toasties from there to be a bit safer haha.
The staff were alright, if a bit strange. The reps try and rip you off with a 210 euro package for the whole week! DON'T DO IT!! We just paid for the two nights that had free bars, and certainly got our moneys worth in alcohol. I would really recommend the paint party!

Kos itself is a really nice place, all the bar and restaurant staff around the island are really friendly. It's a bit quiet and run down, which is a shame, but you can still have fun! Would recommend Pelagos restaurant, as they provided the best food and service out of everywhere all week. Loustros restaurant do amazing full english breakfasts too. Crossroads Bar was my favourite out of all of Kos' bars, the staff are friendly and loved us by the end of the week! They played all the music we requested, and even invented a new drink named after my friend!

I don't think I would rush back to Kos for a party holiday, as I prefer places that are a little busier, but I had a really good time and would encourage others to go if they haven't been before - but just don't expect it to be like Ibiza! We made lots of friends while we were out there, so it's a great place to meet new people and have a laugh :)

1  Thank phough1
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Me and my three friends booked this hol for end of August for 7 days. Before coming we were constantly checking trip advisor to see the reviews. We didnt know what to expect after reading so many mixed reviews. When we arrived it was late (10pm) the manager Charlie explained a bit about the hotel, the air con and safe. We put our deposit down for the air con, safe & room deposit which was €30 for room €30 for air con & €10 for safe (we received €30 back at the end of hol). Our rep Fliss then took us to our room and explained briefly about the package holiday. I could even say she mentioned the things she wanted you to hear, for example no mentions of refunds. We told her we had no cash just our euro cards, straight away she said she can ring the office and get them to take some details for the payments. At this point alarm bells were ringing and i kick myself now for not saying anything! We were all charged an extra €20 as they changed our euro money on our card to English money and then changed it back to euro with the current exchange rate for that day!! The reps said it wasn't their fault it was the bank but I rang the bank and they said they do not change the money back! So we were going round in circles. Anyway we tried to get a refund as we realised we had been ripped off but we were told no refunds were allowed.
Please do not get the 18-30s package!!! We regret doing it so much it's €209 an absolute waste of money! The "free bar" may sound good but all the drinks were watered down!
It was structured we felt like school kids on a trip, which actually fits in well because all the other people especially girls seemed under 18!!
The hotel & staff are amazing we got on so well with them! The rooms were a little out dated but the rest was modern. I would stay here again if only it wasn't an 18-30s hotel!!! Great food great people great hotel :-)

• Stayed: August 2013