I visited here mid June '14 with my wife and 2 year old for two weeks of sunshine.
Its probably the most difficult review I've ever had to write for a holiday. Trying to sum up this resort without being unfair but also without being unrealistically generous.
Whilst I don't like to do it each aspect needs to be considered separately;
Grounds and appearance 5*
Immaculately clean very well kept. Frankly faultless.
From the rooms we saw 3 single beds (2 pushed together). Exactly the same as you get through the Greek islands and the Med for this price range. We did change rooms to get a bath for our little one as the shower made the bathroom floor too slippery for her.
3 different pools so plenty of choice as follows;
1. Main pool by kitchens very lively reps all over the place with games and Europop musak. They try to get you involved with games and "Aquagym".
2. Relax pool. Silent, calm, peaceful but very very little shade.
3. Experience pool (part of a different hotel which was brought into Akti) Nicest pool of the lot (typically on the otherside of the resort from us) lots of shade.
Yes repetitive after 2 weeks but what isn't? Fantastically appealing areas and fine once you've managed to navigate around 40 people all walking in different directions at the same time. People have already described the details of whats available rest assured you'll never be hungry.
Shame theres no a la carte option.
A let down it has to be said. Weak WEAK beer in tiny cups, poor wine, tame spirits and 4 cocktails to choose from. Staff carry out the procedure of serving without ever really seeming to interact.
Its sad really. The Reps try very hard and put in so much effort but the theatre entertainment was appalling. One effort at Mamma Mia was to mime to the soundtrack of the movie. The world cup was on during our visit but they did a few quizzes at the main bar which were good.
The Sea /beach 2*
Sea is beautiful, good luck getting into it stone & shingle beach makes it fairly difficult on the feet.
40 minute walk to Kardamena a very sad and tired looking town (during the day anyway but nice to get out and about a few times). A few nice hotels / tavernas along the beach road which are well worth a visit.
Finally, there is a pretty awful smell which lingers at night around a damp patch of ground next to the main bar. Potentially its drains. I mentioned it to reception who told me it was just water, its not. the bar staff talk openly about it and according to some reps its out of the hotels hands. Its not a reason not to go but don't walk through it.
The good outweighs the bad for me. I'd recommend it as its such an easy two weeks and I'm sure most people considering it would not regret their decision to choose here.
Would we go back?
Nah its a big world.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Akti Beach Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akti Beach Hotel
- Hotel Akti Beach
- Akti Beach Club Hotel Kos/Kardamena