“Great place”

Akti Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went to the Akti beach club with my partner and our little boy, we had a really nice time. Let me start with the negatives (there is only a couple)
1) reception staff not very friendly I called one of them Mr Huffty every time you asked him a question or had a problem and believe me there weren't many he would roll his eyes back, tut and stare at the ceiling.
2) our first room the air con didn't work they moved us straight away. Well they tell you what room and you move yourselves. No help at all.
3) The shuttle bus that runs back and forth to town, make sure you know where your place is in the cue. You could be first but would end up last as everyone shoves in. The driver was very accommodating.
4) the entertainment was not that great, all run by the day time animation team but they really worked their socks off to put on a show. It just was not very entertaining.
Apart from that everything else was great.
The rooms were lovely clean and plenty of room. Maid service everyday. The pools were lovely and clean spotless as a matter of fact. The food that was very nice. I have been on a lot of AI holidays and I can comfortably say that for food this one tops them all.
Salads, pastas, pizza, Lamb chops, chicken, fish, local dishes, freshly made Chinese, and much much more. The alcoholic drinks a portioned well no plastic cups (only by the poolside) and good measures to.
A very comfortable and enjoyable stay I would consider going back to the same place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ebounced73
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Myself and my partner have recently returned from a week away at the Akti Beach Club. I had high expectations of this hotel viewing the lovely photos on the websites and reading all the positive reviews on here.

Arriving at the location, we noticed adjacent to the hotel was the 5 star hotel. Which was very posh and looked a lot nicer then the 4 star hotel. For people in the 4 star were not aloud in the 5 star. Arriving into the hotel, there was no friendly welcoming and reception staff were not helpful at all. Please be aware that you are required to pay a 20 euro deposit for the air con and TV remote. We were given the keys to our room but were not told where it was located.

Our room was clean and spacious, with a balcony overlooking the pool and sea which we were pleased about. Although the bathroom was very small.

Going down to the main buffet restaurant, there was so much food to choose from. Food was always hot and freshly made. They did Chinese as a special but this was everyday. Maybe this could have been changed to Indian or Mexican, something different? The hotel does not have a A la Carte restaurant which I thought was poor as I have never known this for a 4 star. But overall the food was very nice and you could never go hungry as there was always snacks available between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Would like to say as well the restaurant staff are lovely and couldn't fault them one bit!

Going down to the beach, the sea is so clear but the sand is a bit rocky. There are parasols and chairs to use free of charge and there are water sports available on the beach. Ranging from pedal boats to parasailing. If you are from the Akti beach hotel the pedal boats are free.

During the holiday l was bitten a lot by mosquitos so I recommend you to bring some replant as I also noticed quite a few other people covered in them. Unfortunately during the holiday one of the bites go infected and I had to see the hotel doctor. He was lovely and very reassuring. We had to pay for medication and doctor visits which resulted in us having no money for the rest of the holiday. Would like to say a massive thank you to the holiday rep for driving my partner down to the Kardamena town and back to get some emergency cash.

If you are looking at going on any excursions I definitely recommend the paradise beach and waterpark.

Would just like to add that one day in our room we had no towels. I went to reception and told them, they gave me the look as if to say 'What I am supposed to do?' Eventually I had someone to phone the cleaners and it was not handled professionally as this man at reception was shouting down the phone to the cleaners. Not handled well at all.

Overall we did have a nice holiday, this hotel is very clean and very relaxing. But the staff at reception really need to be more professional and smile! I wouldn't give the hotel a 4 star as there was no A la Carte restaurant.

Thank you for the lovely holiday experience.

4  Thank Cara S
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have just returned from my favourite hotel in the world I went to Akti Beach Hotel for 3 weeks and had a fabulous time The Restaurant has been renovated and is really great for the guests as plenty of room and more open plan. My friends have looked after me again as per usual George Haroula Zina Krystuina Sofia Katie The Manager of the restaurant and George really take care of all the guests. The animation team of Ashleigh Doris Kiki Kim Ricardas and the others very friendly and did some great evening shows ie Michael Jackson Mamma Mia and Madonna were really good..Lots of people this year and many that return every year so glad to meet up every year The beach bar was looked after by Kostas who was very busy but very nice and friendly. After 2 weeks I was asked to go to the Akti Palace. It is totally different to the Akti Beach club but felt really spoilt The Hotel is 1st class but the people who stay there like it quieter so I used to go to the Akti for entertainment. I really enjoyed it and my friend Octavia really took good care of me. Now cant wait to go back again in September It feels like my second home Thank you all for a fabulous holiday again See you all soon

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best as you get really good views
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank grecianMiddlesbrough
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Just got back from a week away at akti beach hotel, this was our first holiday abroad and can honestly say it was excellent. The hotel complex is always clean, rooms are cleaned daily and it is very rare that you find rubbish around the hotel. rooms are as true as the pictures - clean, neat and tidy. There is a huge selection of different foods from different cultures, all food was really good!
Aircon and tv remote - 20 euros deposit, safe is 20 euros which is non returnable - both of these are for one week.
Entertainment - the animation team are excellent all provide good entertainment and try their best to get everybody involved with both day time and evening entertainment - couldn't fault them at all!
Bar staff and restaurant staff are excellent too, very friendly, always polite and will always make the effort to speak to you.
Reception staff are not as friendly - only let down of the holiday.
The beach is just outside the complex, lovely beach but is a little stoney, recommend buying beach shoes from the supermarket.
There is 3 swimming pools, 2 quieter ones and the main pool near the restaurant, no need to rush for sunbeds as there is always some left.
Overall we had a lovely holiday and would defiantly go back.

6  Thank megan21xx
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed at Akti Beach Club 5th - 12th June 2014.
Overall,for the price we paid we have no major complaints. Of course their were some disappointments and I will mention these later.

The hotel is situated some distance from Kardamena, but this is no problem as there is a frequent shuttle bus service laid on by the hotel. The hotel is kept spotlessly clean and the rooms and balconies are lovely (judging by some other reviews I suspect not all rooms are to the same standard)?

The food on the whole was very good, but as other reviewers have mentioned, can be repetitive. As we only stayed for a week, and sometimes ate outside the hotel, this was not a problem for us.

Bad points:
On arrival at the hotel (around 10.30pm) we were checked in and told to leave our bags at reception. The restaurant was closed but some food had been left aside on the hot plate for late arrivals. This turned out to be stone cold lasagne & Luke warm soup! Not good enough after a long day of travelling!

After some vague directions We were then left to wander around in the dark to find our room. I'm told others were taken by buggy along with their luggage, so I don't know what went wrong there? Anyway, again, not good enough!

The reception staff in this hotel need to take lessons in customer service. The big guy ( May be Belgian or German) in particular needs to find new employment. The most rude receptionist I have ever encountered in many years of travelling. Not good enough!

I know the above 'bad' points may seem petty, but they let down an otherwise excellent stay.
I note that there are no management responses to reviews on this board, and this seems complacent in the extreme. Surely, they must want visitors to visit year after year and should be looking to improve in areas that desperately need it? The reception is simply shocking at this hotel.

Room Tip: We syed in room 955 which was lovely. Spacious and a good view of the hotel grounds and main pool ar...
4  Thank Fazer199
Reviewed June 12, 2014

If you like just sun bathing, eating and drinking all day then this is the place for you.
The hotel is situated in lovely grounds with the gardeners working hard all day .
The beach is not great, it is not very easy to get in to the water with very big pebbles all along the shore line .
The water sports centre only had 2 kayaks ( only 1 working ) and 2 pedalos for our hotel and the sister hotel next door .there are other water sports on offer but these have to be paid for separately.
Rooms are nice and kept clean (but beware of the shower , water temp gets hot then cold without you touching it ) .
We went to play crazy golf and the reception staff only gave us one ball between 4 of us to play with , this is how they do it .
The main swimming pool is where all the action is and is good fun , if you prefer peace and quiet there are 2 other swimming pools ( which are better than you would find as a main pool in other hotels )which are lovely and the animation team do not bother you at these .
The 5 aside pitch is astro turf and is very good , only down side they keep it locked and only open it up at certain times and you have to supply your own ball and also they allow youngsters and adults to play at the same time so you have to watch what your doing .
The kids club looked good for the smaller kids , my son is 11 and in the evening not much for him to do , no gaming machines ( only table tennis or air hockey )
Do not take any towels with you as the hotel supply them for a small deposit which you get back when you return them .
We walked to Kardemena a few times along the sea front and it takes about 40 mins , there are several place you can stop at along the way for a refreshment break .
Food was nice and my son loved the sushi ,
All in all we had a good holiday and all the staff worked hard and long hours , some things can be improvedbut if you like a relaxing holiday you can not go wrong with this place .

Room Tip: Hair driers and towels supplied
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Wayne L
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Where do I start thats the question? This is a really good hotel with lots of pluses but unfortunately for me there was a few minor niggles.
When we arrived we were seen to quickly and our cases were taken to the apartment by one of the buggys which was good, especially with three kids it toe, its a help to have a hand with your luggage. Our room was a superior family room. I don't know if the family rooms vary but i read some comments about the rooms being pokey, but ours was massive. We had a double bed and three single beds which is good compared to previous holidays where we had a mattress on the floor.
The first niggle we had was the showers...oh dear, ive never known anything like it. for a big hotel they really need to sort out the water pressure, They were either scorching hot or freezing. You could get a good flow of water if you took the shower off the hook but if you put it back up on the hook it would just trickle out. this made it pretty difficult to wash your hair etc. We woke up one morning to brown water, but to be fair the problem was quickly verified.
The food in the hotel is good probably the best ai ive been to. There is loads of choice at both dinner and tea. lots of pasta meats etc. It did get a bit repetitive after 2 weeks but i suppose any all inclusive hotel would.
I have mixed reviews about the staff. The staff on the reception desk are so rude. When my hubby complained about the shower they just shrugged their shoulders at us. The reception staff let the hotel down to be honest because the restaurant staff are really nice (not including the bar staff) -grumpy!
The three pools are all nice we spent time at them all, the main pool is where its all going on. there isnt really much entertainment around the other pools but are good for relaxing and if you want peace.
The kids club is good, and the lady who runs is Barbera is lovely and my kids got really attached to her. However they need more staff in there the poor girls run off her feet. They also need to stick to the time table as its a bit annoying when your child wants to go for a certain activity but they've already done it earlier in the day.
The evening entertainment leaves a lot to be desired. The mini disco starts at 8.45 and its pretty much the same as everywhere else ive been to be fair, but the shows are dreadful. I know the entertainers work really hard but they really need to come up with some better material. The theater where they have the evening entertainment isn't the best either, hard wooden benches to sit on, and if it rains theirs no other venue apart from the main pool bar, which is now way big enough to do the mini disco or the shows from.
The beach was a let down, very shingle and rocky.
Over all a good hotel, I probably would return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Natalie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Mitsis Summer Palace Beach Hotel
Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel
Mitsis Family Village Beach Hotel
Kipriotis Village Resort
Sovereign Beach Hotel
Sovereign Beach Hotel
#19 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Akti Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!