“Amazing service hope to go back again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Akti Beach Club Hotel

Akti Beach Club Hotel
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
“Amazing service hope to go back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great service stayed for 11 nights and got back 05/09/2013, staff could not do anymore to help you and make your visit, extremely welcoming. Only 2 negative things to say and they ain't to bad 1 no kettle in the room but a nice hidden fridge for cold drinks and 2 one of the cocktail bar staff I found to have bad manners, I asked for 6 cocktails and her reply was why 6, we was sat with people we got talking to so it was my turn to get the drinks, she did the drinks and just walked off and was the same most of the nights I went but the was a younger lady that was fine and would try to make you any drink you wanted will hopefully be there again

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Madmat40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Banbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have just returned from the most fabulous week in this hotel. We have, in recent years, tried more further afield places, ie the Caribbean, India, Cape Verde etc, but for a less than 4 hour flight, we found this little gem in Kos! I would still go back to the Caribbean but only for a 14 night holiday, however, for a week away, I have fallen in love with the Greek Islands.

We have been to Kos once before many years ago, and this turned out to be the same hotel but very much updated.

Its got everything you could want - the rooms are cleaned every day and the towels changed every day. The food was excellent with lots of choice - the Chinese was a great favourite with everyone. The drinks were OK too - I'm not a drinker but I did manage to find a Baileys substitute which was very enjoyable. Tea and coffee were on tap 24/7 also.

We were put in a part of the hotel that was quite a way from the main reception - but that was a benefit I think. That section had its own pool and bar and was much quieter than the rest of the place. Of course, there were quite a few children there, but they were absolutely no bother. We were outnumbered by Germans/Dutch/Belgians etc but I quite like that as it gives it an international feel. However, they all had to speak English to make themselves understood which is quite comforting to us Brits.

The pool/bar areas were spotless and the bar staff, in fact all the staff, were lovely, their cmmand of the English language was amazing. We also found the Greeks in general to be lovely people. We also didn't feel they were looking for tips all the time, as I always think they are in the Caribbean.

The free bus that goes into Kardemena was always on time, as were the buses in general. We had family and friends on the island so were out visiting them quite a lot of the time and we used the bus service regularly. Very impressive I must say. We were stuck at the side of the road on the first day, not sure of which bus to get back and a bus stopped to pick us up, the conductor having recognised us from the journey out!

Only moan - and I'm being very picky here because I can't really think of anything else - you had to pay for Wi-Fi which I find a bit much but nevertheless, you can, for 50 cents, go on the hotel's computers for 15 mins. Enough to check your bank or Facebook or whatever you need!

Please beware of the airport though, its not for sensitive souls. Its absolute chaos, especially coming back out of the island. Make sure, if you've got children especially, to take drinks and snacks with you. No, I'm not kidding.

All in all, a great holiday - we will be returning definitely, if not to that particular island, to one of the others as they are as yet unexplored by us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris1951Banbury
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Fab holiday - we loved it. Just back after a 14 night stay here. Travelled with husband, kids aged 12 & 9 and parents 60+.
We stayed in rooms 311 & 313 overlooking main pool - best position on complex i think!! Rooms were as expected, air con was a god send - would have been a nightmare without so I was very happy to pay the €50 deposit. As British tourists we were very much in the minority and although the kids would have preferred more British kids to play with, it didn't affect the rest of our party at all.
Plenty of shade and sunbeds around the pools and no mad scramble to reserve in the mornings.
Animation team worked so hard every day and always had shed loads of energy - especially Angela - Akti's very own Merida from Brave!!! (sorry Angela!)
Food was plentiful and varied which I was relieved about having a very fussy 9 yr old!
Only real downside was location for us - just too far out to be able to take a walk anywhere - although my husband did happen on a sports bar further down the beach!!
Place was always spotless - lots of work goes into keeping somewhere so large so clean and tidy - very impressive.
Don't tend to go back to same place twice - world is too big to return to same place but would definitely recommend.

3 Thank Panda-Eyes_caidan
Mansfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

After we booked we read the reviews on here and picked up some tips that were really useful when needed as well as making us wonder what we had actually committed to. I would definitely recommend reading Pricey58 's review as this encapsulates a lot of the very common sense solutions to the issues posted by others. The comment re:key fob is priceless. I find it hard to believe that a human being blessed with problem solving skills couldn't work out how to separate the two but there you are and if that's the biggest issue you have with the holiday why bother going abroad because there must be bigger issues to resolve.

Oh and yes, if you're lucky enough to meet great people to share your holiday with, the trivial issues like ephemeral toilet smells genuinely won't matter. My son made friends with a lad from Holland and although neither spoke the other one's language at the start its amazing how they managed to communicate to keep each other company - and their parents sane.

We've just returned today (1st September) - my wife, my son (11) and myself - and wanted to post about our holiday experiences.

My son played football every day with adults and other children which was great for mingling and having a laugh. There is a rubber crumb pitch - 5-a-side - and I'd really recommend astro turf boots for you and your kids if you want to play. I joined in just to make up the numbers and quickly regretted my choice of flip flops - really should have packed those longer studs for ze Belgians but more of them later....... Playing barefoot was also troublesome as the rubber crumb absorbs the heat all day and will give the delicate soles quite an uncomfortable experience. However, there is a foot spa with those garra rufa fish so for 10 Euros you can have the Doctor Fish give you a little nibble to tidy it up.

I certainly wouldn't say this venue is a four star. Elements of it are but not overall or maybe I'm just pampered normally. The catering though adequate is canteen catering but there is sufficient variety to provide a culinary experience - just use your imagination - although some of the combinations I had on my plate probably weren't those I'd have picked from a menu.

Drinks are served quickly but appear to be under strength and as for the wine it is drinkable but you don't expect top quality at an all inclusive. We were lucky enough to make friends with some great people and had a few late nights at the bar without having to resort to the offerings from the Animation Team. Again, you don't expect West End production values but the enthusiasm makes up for the lack of it.

Generally the staff are great - Robert let my lad drive the buggy - and David at the smaller bar can be persuaded to open up his cocktail repertoire so you don't have to stick to the menu. Have a talk to them and they're all happy to help. Mrs. Charisma who cooks the eggs is a treat. Always made me smile at breakfast and especially on my last morning as she thought she'd worked out what I wanted.

All things considered it was a great holiday including a couple of trips because of the people we met and the fact we have holidayed in Greece before. Yes there are plumbing issues and no it's not the UK so things are different. Accept that and it shouldn't be a problem. One word of warning though, the Belgians use a company for their animation called Experience. For us they were "bad experience" or "annoying orange" because they will commandeer one of the pools at certain times and if you haven't got an orange band you can't play their games. I did have a whinge about it but mainly for the amusement it gave me to hear them explaining in English why the Belgians weren't just discriminating against me and mine but were happy to exclude everyone else so be prepared.

5 Thank Bigbeastie
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

As with many others we used the previous reviews at the time of booking over a year ago and only became a little concerned nearer our departure when the reviews were very mixed, however we needn't have worried. It was our first All Inclusive stay as well and we would certainly do that again. Was a family holiday with 2 children aged 10 & 8.

Rooms : Our room (948) was in a good location by the main pool, reception and restaurant. All buildings were 2 storey and ours was on ground floor. The rooms can be described as very basic - double bed, camp bed and single bed. Bathroom was small and could have done with a makeover as looked aged. The Air condition system was very poor and you need to pay 50 Euros deposit for this and the TV remote (the latter only had 1 English Channel - BBC news - and we didn't really have a signal anyway!). So in summary, rooms were not 4 star quality but as you spend little time in these then it didn't cause us a problem.

Entertainment / Animation Team : Plenty of activities for adults and children to do during the day (Water polo, Water Gym, Yoga, Archery, Football etc.). The Animation Team work extremely hard and are great with kids considering the amount of time they get pushed into the pool ! They are also not over-pushy in getting people to join in the activities. They also provide the entertainment on an evening and this was a little disappointing compared to previous places we have been as it was basically a series of shows where they mimed to sound-tracks and performed some dancing. The kids mini-disco also tended to be mainly non-English songs and aimed at the more international guests.

Pools : Excellent. We stayed by the main pool where the Animation team were. Was large pool with separate childrens pool and separate toddler pool. Plenty of sunbathing space and sunbeds, with/without shade and able to put on the grass areas if wanted to be further away from pool. There wasn't the manic rush to reserve sunbeds - in fact it was us Brits who tended to put the towels down. Earliest time tended to be around 7:30am but plenty of beds still available around 9:30am. Other pools also available on the complex.

Food : Superb and have never ate as much in my life, to the point where often looked down at my plate and wondered what concoctions I had thrown together ! People have commented before about the choice and self-service. Didn't experience any queue jumping although sometimes a scramble for Pizzas but was only a few mins before next batch available. In terms of choice then by the end of the holiday you do start to wish for something different, but then if you were self-catering and eating out then don't you end up eating the same things?

Trips : We just went to the waterpark that was approx. 30 mins away. The park itself was great for the kids with plenty of slides, lazy river, wavepool. We booked with Jet2 and it cost 85 Euros which we worked out cost 35 Euros for the transport. The disappointing thing for us was that we expected a full day yet we got there at 10:30 and were picked up at 15:00 so don't think it worked out as great value for money.

Staff : Always friendly, whether the receptionists, cleaners or restaurant staff.

Overall : Would rate as 4 star for the pools, gardens/sunbathing areas, food and the day-time entertainment, but 3 star for room and night time entertainment. It would be a hotel that we would go back to though as main criteria for us is to have a great relaxing family holiday and this is what we got.

1 Thank Mark W
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We read the reviews before our holiday and there were quite a few mixed ones but thought we would go with an open mind. The hotel was lovely and clean and the majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly the receptionist, Monika, who checked us in quickly and was polite and helpful. The food was excellent, but the only down side was that it was the same most days, we were fed up by the end of our stay.
The only comfy chairs in the hotel were in reception. Also the beds in the room we stayed in weren't very comfortable at all. (room 854).
Our room was near the quieter pool. It didn't take too long to get to the reception or to the beach. It was close to the ampitheatre and I must say that once the doors to the room were closed you couln't really hear the music/entertainment.
It is unfortunate that there is no promenade to walk down as we enjoy going for a walk in the evening, but it was very relaxing to go to the beach in the evening and sit looking out to sea and at the stars.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Clare M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I wouldn't normally write a review but I was so pleased with this Hotel, the Staff, the Food, the Rooms, the cleanliness. I had to let other people know It was the best holiday I had been on.
We went for a week on the 21st August a group of 10. From the moment arriving the Staff were so helpful and friendly. The Food was different every night and was delicious.
A very large choice of foods and desserts. from breakfast through to evening meals. The complex is very large but still so clean, There is a free bus into kardamena, entertainment on site through the day and night, we also hired a buggy through the hotel which was simple to do and a very good price for the full day. it has its own beach which again was clean, watersports available and enough sun beds available. it was lovely and highly recommend this place to anyone. We will be going back next year. I've not got one bad thing to say on Atki Beach. This rated a four star it should be five.

• Stayed August 2013