“Beautiful hotel, had an amazing stay. Just a few small problems!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica

Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel, had an amazing stay. Just a few small problems!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

First appearances of Carda Beach when we arrived? Well, it was immaculate. Super clean, very modern, bright and welcoming.

We arrived at around 11.45pm and we where greeted by one of the night reception staff who was extremely funny and spoke good English so he could tell us everything we needed to know. He even sorted out some food for us to take back to our rooms. The complex is so big we where chauffeur driven to our rooms. We stayed in a luxury suite. Room 2122 tobe exact. It was absolutely amazing, ive never seen such a beautiful room! There was a huge lounge area with satellite tv, and a minibar (which is free if you are all inclusive) your double wardrobe and drawers are all in this room instead of the bedroom -- then a balcony which looked out onto the sea. On the left on a clear day you could see Turkey, and on the other side the twin island to Kos.

The bathroom was also very luxurious. As i went with my partner I didnt mind that the shower was quite 'open plan' as in, didnt have a door to it, but for two friends I wouldnt think much to this idea as the bedroom and bathroom are only seperated by a glass window. I loved this feature though, it made the room really airy and feel spacious. The bedroom was also huge and very clean, and this led out onto another balcony. The only problem I had was that I left my perfume out on the bathroom sink, and ants could smell it and I had a few crawling about round it. But as soon as I moved it they were gone.

Food and drink. All inclusive is definetly the best deal at this hotel. The deal includes all three meals, toasties and sandwiches inbetween meals, and any drinks up to twelve. Except for imported ones like Corona for example. Even cocktails were included, so we lived on margaritas for the week! The bar area is lovely. You can sit inside or outside which is lovely on an evening after its cooled off a bit. (temperatures reached around 43 degrees at midday during our stay.) The all inclusive buffet was your usual foreign food. Mainly fish, pork, some chicken. Also beefburgers sometimes. Always the same kind of thing cooked a slightly different way. There was a huge selection. Breakfast was anything you fancy really and as much of it as you like. Bacon, eggs, sausages, omellettes etc.. then cereal, toast... pancakes.. there was always something new to try. Fruit was always available too. Lunch was also good, although we couldnt eat a lot we ended up having fish and salad just so it was a bit lighter, but theres a mix of everything. There is always spaghetti, sometimes burger and chips. But a mix of everything. And always a fresh dish of feta salad, and beautiful green olives. There was two restaurants within the hotel too, which on all inclusive you could visit for free, but only one visit to each. These were an Italian and Chinese restaurant. We LOVED the Chinese restaurant. Three course meal including seafood, wan tans, we even had half a roasted aromatic duck with pancakes for main, then fried ice cream for afters. This meal was definetly the best we had during our stay.
My only problem with the food was that in the restaurant there seemed to be a lot of flies on our last few nights. On the deserts table they kept landing on the food. it didnt seem such a problem until those last few nights, and it definetly put me off dessert. Although it wasnt such a great selection in the first place. They need some kind of hatch to lift up so flies cant get in. Something to control it!!

Nightlife - the hotel itself is quiet, but if you dont mind a 10 minute walk down the beach the main town of Cardamena was extremely lively. Just watch where your stepping, the path next to the beach is quite unstable, maybe worth walking down there in the day just to check it out. There are lots of bars and a few nightclubs. My partner and I went down one night to see what it was like. Most of the bars employed English people to get custom as apparently they were having a bad season. They will all come up and greet you and see if you want to come in for a drink or two, their all extremely friendly. But dont fall for the first bar you see! As you walk further down people were offering such good deals on drinks that it was hard to resist. We got two cocktails and shots for only 5 euros. Our favourite bar was Marios. This was on the harbour side. it was a bit quieter than the main strip and we found a lot of people to talk to from he UK who were all around 18-21. Marios makes for an extremely cheap night-and a headache the next morning!!

In the day Cardamena is a bit of a dump I must say. There are a few boutiques etc and the usual souvenir shops but nothing that special. Its definetly better at night. The harbour is worth a walk down though, theres only two main streets but the harbour side is beautiful.

There is a gift shop within the hotel, and they have some lovely things to buy. There is also a room with books in that tourists have left for others to read. So if you run out of things to do by the pool - make sure you check out the books on offer. The Spa at the hotel is also okay, it has an indoor pool and a gym too. Its free to use the equipment and facilities but there is a sign saying you have to be 18 to go in there. Im not sure that anyone would notice a few teenagers going in though to be honest. There are a few spa treatments that are free but some things like massages and beauty therapies are charged at a small cost. There is also a tennis court and archery. You can also rent a car or quad bike from a man that comes to the hotel in the evenings, or from trust which is just down the road from the hotel which are charged at reasonable prices.

The Thomas Cook rep came to the hotel in the mornings, and although we were with Thomson we got to book a trip to Kos through her. We just went for the morning but you can go for a full day. The old town is gorgeous. Theres lots of shops, restaurants, a castle and other historial pieces. You can also get a boat over to Turkey (Bodrum) for a day, which I think would be nice to go to during your stay but when we were there, there were reports of a massive heat wave and decided we didnt want to spend 8 hours in 50 degree heat!!

The beach is literally down a grass bank from the hotel. Its not your perfect beach, but who needs a perfect beach with an amazing pool area?? What I mean by this is that there is sand, but to get into the sea its one big rocky ledge. Jettys have been built with ladders like a pool to get in, instead of making your way across the slippery rocks! The Aegean is clear and if your interested in getting a snorkel you can see loads of fish swimming around you, its beautiful.

There was three pools, one massive one, seperated by a bridge (which if you swim underneath is REALLY lovely and cool in the day) then another slightly deeper pool, and then a childrens pool. When we stayed it was quite windy in the day.. if you get a drink dont spill it, you will end up with thousands of little anty friends. If you do the bar staff will be happy to clean it up, quick!! You can also take part in a free Scuba Lesson in the pool. They will come round the sunbeds and ask you if your interested. Obviously its only in the pool but its an interesting hour or two and you get to wear the tank and goggles and wetsuit and swim around the pool with a qualified instructor.

The maid came with fresh bathroom towels every day. You are provided with a blue towel, which is only changed once a week because it is for use by the pool. But it can be changed at reception for a euro. There is a hairdryer in your room, bathrobes and slippers.

Oh and if your taking your laptop, there is free WIFI. If you dont take your laptop there is a small charge for computers.

Anything else you want to ask just let me know.

You can probably tell I loved my stay at Carda Beach, I'd happily go again!!!

3 Thank bridget-x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

The hotel is very nice and has a good number of facilities however the holiday was ruined by a severe lack of security.
Whilst outside the hotel, one of our rooms was broken into by the guests next door.
When investigating into the problem we found that the thieves and some of the hotel staff were giving us two different stories. Later on that night those staff members and the thieves were seen going out together and thus we suspected an inside job as they were given copies of our room keys.
The hotel does not have any CCTV equipment nor any security which is a threat to all guests staying at the hotel.

2 Thank pk70792
kfar saba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

Very nice hotel, good location, nice facilities and great service.
For a 5 star hotel we expected better food quality. It wasn't bad, it was just ok. From 1 to 10 I'd give it a 7.
One more thing is the stairs issue. If you can order a first row room BOOK IT. Otherwise you'll need to climb steep stairs which is not very fun.
Enjoy your stay, it is a good hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

This hotel is by far the best hotel in the area (and I spent a good week fully researching them all!!) My partner and I had a suite with the sharing pool and I would strongly advise paying that little bit more for them. We had a maximum of six other people around the pool at any one time and if your a sun worshipper like I am then you will most likely have the pool to yourself early morning, lunchtime or from 5pm. The climb to these suites though is via a steep hill that makes you slightly out of breath but each and everytime I asked reception for a lift on the golf buggy they had one within 2 or 3 minutes of me asking. They help you with your luggage by taking you to your suite via the golf buggy and "just dial 0 for a lift and assistance with your luggage on your departure".
The only thing I would say that was slightly annoying with these suites is that to get beers/drinks and bar snacks during the day is that you have to go down to the main pool each time and face the 'mighty climb' back clutching enough drinks to keep you going. The mini bar is refreshed with water every day but the soft drinks and beer were only refreshed twice during the week stay.
Where people have said about the food - I have to disagree; the food is what you would expect from a hotel of this calibre. There is plenty of variety each evening within the buffet style restaurant - with slight variations each evening including a themed food choice at some times such as mexican food or chinese. Breakfast was fine for what you expect from a Greek hotel and it wasn't so much as 'grease' on the fried eggs but olive oil. The two a'la carte restaurants... The Italian one was good (and set in an amazing glass sided room on the roof), but I would highly recommend 'Wok n' Roll' a'la carte restaurant - The food in this restaurant is amazing and would have happily dined there every evening if I could have!
The service was very good and all the staff were polite, helpful and wanted to please at all times.
I can see what people mean about the entertainment during the evenings but with a 5* hotel I dont see kareoke/bingo/cabaret night being quite suitable! My partner and I were quite happy to sit in the relaxing roof top veranda with drinks, relaxing and chatting during our relaxing sun-soaked week away. Being a mostly adult hotel it was nice to just sit, drink, relax and wind-down but if you fancied a chat then the big modern bar which is an island in the centre of the bar area was a fantastic place to just chat with like minded couples.

However if you are looking for culture and trips to ruins...then dont expect too much here. More of a watersports venue (jet-skiing, diving, parascending, wind surfing, banana boat, doughnut, etc) all available at the rock/sand beach only a hop across the road but it is not intursive on the hotel whatsoever.

This hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed in as a couple and although I have never returned to the same hotel in the past; if I was to return to Kos then I would have to say I would go back to the the Carda Beach Hotel & Spa in an instant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

The Hotel certainly has presence upon arrival. Contemporary stone work and lovely large pools surrounding the building. Very clean & Zen. However, whilst the rooms and spacious environment is comforting the staff were sweet but not experienced hoteliers. I can live with that afterall it's not their fault, but ask for a manager and they can't find one. Staff appear to be left to their own devices and therefore need to use their own initiative to deal with minor problems. We had a suite with shared pool, kettle in the room but only one tea bag. When I asked reception they said the bar gets replenished every three days. So I asked the young Greek chap who delivered our luggage and he came up trumps with 5 tea bags within 10 minutes. All it took was initiative to keep a customer happy. Next, I couldn't get WiFi, so had to use hotel internet in the lobby. They said it was unlikely that the Wifi man would make it over to the Island, but they'd mention it to management. All a bit hit and miss on the small things. Food wasn't bad in the evening, but hell Breakfast was awful with fried eggs floating in a barrel of oil, omelets like cardboard cut into small squares, no fresh orange juice just squash, cheap cereal that resembled rabbit droppings. Beds were extremely hard, and boredom in the evenings with no entertainment. HOWEVER, all that said, we didn't really want more than deep heat and a comfortable hotel for a reasonable price, and we got that. But as mentioned above if you like 5* service don't get too excited, you'll carry your own bags up & down the steep hills, the staff won't remember who you are night after night and you only get one towel change a week, but that's not a disaster is it?

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 4Noels
Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Me and 2 friends went to Kos on a girl's holiday and had an amazing time! The staff were so helpful and absolutely incredible, Ross the night receptionist even sneaked us some snacks after a night out. Alena and Lucie the bar girls were also amazing making us delicous cocktails every night although they did insist in taking a disgusting concoction as a shot with us before our flight!
The hotel itself is beautiful and modern set into incredible grounds however the rooms at the top (like ours!) are a steep walk away, unless you flag down a lift from a member of staff on a golf buggy. The sea views and balcony however were worth the walk.
The pools and al la carte restaurants were also great. The restauants were delicous and although only being meant to book twice we managed to get away with 4 times!
An great, relaxed and friendly hotel in a great location :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank p0d1
Walsall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed at the Carda Beach Hotel for two weeks, the weather was fantastic, not a cloud in the sky the whole time we were there . Overall I would say we had a nice relaxing holiday. We had a suite with sharing pool which was superb, worthy of it's star rating, as was the main pool area/facilities, however other elements of this hotel are not. There was no entertainment whatsoever at this hotel which made it feel a bit clinical/non atmospheric. The food was not up to scratch, the bacon and egg served at breakfast was swimming in grease and there was a distinct lack of variety at lunchtimes and evenings with fish and pork being the only options most days. On a positive note, A.I. guests can eat in the chinese and italian restaurants once each week and the food at both is very good. We never experienced any issues with the bar (as some reviews have indicated) and were always served quickly but there is only ever one bar open, the pool bar during the day and the lounge bar during the evening, again giving guests no options.

The A.I. drink options are limited, with only local brands available and bottled water is not included and is charged at 1 euro per bottle, which I have never come across before with A.I. The mini bar in the rooms should be stocked twice a week, during our two-week stay this never happened without us contacting reception to remind them it was due.

Kardamena is a 10-15 minute walk away along a very uneven, badly lit road which makes it quite dangerous of an evening and the beach is very dirty, one of the worst I have seen in Greece. It's as if all the rubble from building the hotel has been thrown onto the beach and into the sea.

If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday and you are not a fussy eater then you will have a good time, but to be honest two weeks was too long for us, due to the lack of entertainment or anywhere nice to walk to. I don't think we will be returning.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank JohnnSue1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Aqua Blu Boutique Hotel + Spa
Pelagos Suites Hotel
Pelagos Suites Hotel
#7 of 52 in Kos Town

Been to Sentido Carda Beach Atlantica? Share your experiences!