“Wow!!! Yet another amazing week at the Porto Bello Royal!!”

Atlantica Porto Bello Royal
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Kardamena
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Yes, who could believe it . Year 2 at the Porto Bello Royal and just as good if not better than Year 1. We were there mid August 2013. We are still in holiday mode after this Amazing week at this Amazing hotel. This is a place where you want for nothing, we came back home with a lot of Euros still in our pockets. Spotless restaurant with an large array of meals to suit many nationalities and lots of new thing to try. I'm missing my Greek lessons from Mirabela and Kosmin at breakfast, a lovely couple who gave us a service second to none, and not to forget Katerina who always made sure we had a great seat for dinner each night. We had a lovely welcome back from Penelope and Anna, who remembered us from last year when we first went to the restaurant. Our en-suite room was really nice and clean with an amazing sea view, which we looked out on each morning as we watched the sun rise while we had our first cup of tea of the day. Out to sea in front of us was the Greek volcanic island of Nisyros which was well worth a visit. I have never been to a hotel before that has 13 swimming pools - every one worth a swim in, really well kept pools.The hotel's beach was where we would spend some part of every day. Being all inclusive, no beach lounger charges. We had great fun on the beach snorkelling, watching the rainbow coloured fish, which we didn't know the names of. Then it was off to Karina and Thomas to get our Gin and Tonics and something to eat at the beach bar. Once again great service and a bit of a laugh here too, met Dana (Donna) here and with her encouragement off we would go on our double Kayak, we've still got a way to go before we could say we've mastered that water sport so we decided to stick to the Pedalos, needless to say all free due to all-inclusive. Holiday number three must be on the books for next year as we did not have the chance to sample all the cocktails in the main bar in the evening as we sat on the balcony looking out to sea, being entertained by the resident musicians. The photos and details in the brochures are a must to check out, but they won't give you a true picture of this truly amazing place until you visit Port Bello Royal for yourself. So many people to thank for making this the best week of the year for my wife and I. Nick our Thomson rep who was always available told us this hotel is in the Thomson Platinum class and we can see why. Once again a Big Thank You to all the staff for making our holiday special. Mick and Mary Mitchell.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MichaelMitchell1949
Write a ReviewReviews (1,948)

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Me and my fiancé booked to go to kos originally as a luxurious holiday, so this hotel seed the perfect place. About a month after we booked, we decided we wanted to get married there, as we'd been together 10 yrs and engaged for 5! We arrived early hours of the morning, and was greeted by a lovely receptionist called Ross, who had already organised a room upgrade! Our room was very nice, had all the amenities that we needed plus more, inc tea/coffee facilities and bath robes.
This hotel has 13 swimming pools, all of which are kept spotless and clean, although they are salt water, which initially put me off but you do get use to it!
The resturaunts were the highlight (obviously except the wedding lol). The buffet which was a choice of EVERYTHING! Food was delicious and plentiful there. Greek- my favorite, was fab!! All greek kebabs, roasted veggies and more. Asian was my hubbies favorite, set 4 course menu, very nice, and the fish resturaunt, which I heard was very nice if your a fish lover, which we aren't lol.
Obviously the highlight of the holiday was our wedding, which was made absolutely perfect by the staff of this hotel, and our wedding coordinator, Yota.
The hotel decorated our room beautifully for when we arrived back from the ceremony, and champagne was on ice. They made every request we had possible, and was always so enthusiastic and lovely.
My husband also celebrated his 30th bday while we were there, and I asked the hot to arrange a secret bday cake and champagne to be brought out while we were in the Italian resturaunt, which they did!! By the way, the cake was absolutely stunning!!
This hotel made our wedding and holiday perfect and memorable, we cannot thank all involved enough!
Will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TeamWales
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Me and my partner, stayed here for a weeks holiday in June, the hotel was amazing, very clean, and staff were very friendly. We stayed all inclusive and the selection of food was brilliant, was different every day, there were also various other choices of restaurants as well as the main buffet restaurant. The planes do fly over quite close but didn't cause any problems, was quite relaxing watching them fly over and didn't hear any through the night. Would defiantly recommend this hotel and would defiantly return here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a ground floor room, which opens onto a pool
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura V
PortoBelloHotels, Manager at Atlantica Porto Bello Royal, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review.
I am delighted to hear your positive opinion about our hotel and the selection of food, as well as, the standard of service provided by our staff. I will pass on your kind words to the team, as I am sure they would be delighted to hear them.
Thank you once again for taking time to write your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Please stay connected… Find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My sister and me stay here for two weeks. I think that it is the best place I have ever been , because this hotel is really 5 stars . It is situated in a perfect place. Breathtaking views of sea, mountains is opened from the main hall. There are many pools with salt water , some pools are really calm and some are for activities, which are doing animators. There are 4 restaurants and 3 bars. Every evening animators make show in the theater for children and adults. Animators work very good especially I want to say about Joanna from Poland. She is very, sociable, friendly,interesting person and good dancer. Her aqua-zoomba is funny, and I like to do it. The work of personal in restaurants ,bars are good. So, I really like this place.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anastasia D

Dear Anastasia,
Thank you for your fantastic review of your stay in our hotel.
It gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful holiday with us, that you enjoyed the “breathtaking view” from our lobby and the location of the hotel.
I will be sure to pass on your lovely compliments to Joanna- I am sure she will be delighted.
Thank you once again for your review and do hope to have a chance to offer you again a Kos 5-star experience!
Please stay connected…Find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

It's easy to say that our stay at the Porto Bello Royal was a true delight. Every inch of our two week stay was filled with relaxation, fun, sun and not to mention a few colourful cocktails!
Our rooms were excellent; very well positioned, clean and spacious. The beds were a little hard but compensated by being able to sleep and laze around all day on our semi-private sun terrace.
The food was super! Lots to choose from and even after two weeks we did not quite tire from the scrumptious tomatoes and feta cheese. We favoured the array of delicious desserts and by the end of two weeks we had probably consumed hundreds of different tarts, cakes and mousses! The Italian restaurant was not much to rave about, but the Fish and Greek tavernas were a nice alternative for lunch. The main restaurant has a 'theme' on most nights so there were always different variety of dishes to try.
We hired a car for three days which I would recommend to all. The island is small and three days allows you to see most of it. Highlights were the thermos spa, Kos Town and driving around the mountain-top roads: breathtaking views and excellent opportunities for some great photos of the whole island.
Nighttime entertainment consisted of some questionable family entertainment in an outside amphitheatre (bit strange!) and a piano player/singer who again, could be described as questionable! We entertained ourselves with endless rounds of Uno, tried nearly all the cocktails from the reception bar and got to know the funny and friendly bar staff who were at our service for the duration of our stay. I must mention George from the main reception bar. He was fantastic at making sure we were happy, entertained and always well-stocked with the yummiest (and often strongest!) cocktails!
The real winner from this holiday really was the site of the hotel. The accommodation is stunning. 12 swimming pools adorn the hotel rooms, making it easy and stress free to find somewhere to relax. A majority of the rooms have private sun loungers, chairs and a table. This means you can chill out right next to your room and have no stress about finding somewhere to sit for the day.
We would like to thank all the staff at Porto Bello Royal hotel. We had a wonderful holiday and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a fun, friendly and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms adjacent to the main building on the ground floor. They were excellent and I woul...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ellie C

Dear Ellie,
Thank you so much for your wonderful and detailed review.
I am truly glad that you found your room excellent, clean and spacious.
You have highlighted some of our best features and we know for a fact that it really means something to others to hear from a previous guest-your review counts!
I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Chef- he will be delighted!
I am grateful you had a great time with us and will recommend our hotel, and I do hope to have a pleasure to host you again in the near future.
Until then, please stay connected! Find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed for one week in May all inclusive. First rate week almost all thing where at the top draw.
A few words of warning there is a sister hotel next door which caused great confusion, we were a party of 20 and should have all been booked into this hotel for my friends 60th birthday. This was because the booking agents in the UK had no idea and not the fault of the hotel but it caused a lot of arguements. Take a look at the other reviews this hotel will suit familys or couples. The hotel is along way from the town but there is a regular bus out side. Do have low expectations of Kos airport on your return belongs in the 70's.

Room Tip: All rooms look ok
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in july, a week only. The rooms need an up -grade but they are very clean. Very relaxing atmosphere.The evening entertainment wasnt great, guy with a keyboard got a tad boring so we tended to sit in the pool bar. Overall lovely hotel! lovely staff and nice food even nicer cocktails!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lottieja

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback of your stay in our hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your summer holiday with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Please stay connected…Find us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kardamena
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Lakitira Suites
Lakitira Suites
#10 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Atlantica Porto Bello Royal? Share your experiences!